Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Quit Smoking

Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #41
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Another progress report.

It has now been 1 year since I quit cold turkey. Feel great! Stay strong to all who are in the process or who have quit.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #42
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you man. I really need to quit. Ive been smoking for ten years and probably a pack a day for 6 years. I am starting a new job soon, which will require me to not smoke the whole work day, i work outside now so i smoke all day at work. I am thinking this will be the best time to quit. Hopefully you will be hearing back from me soon!
Old 02-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #44
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanmb31 View Post
Good for you man. I really need to quit. Ive been smoking for ten years and probably a pack a day for 6 years. I am starting a new job soon, which will require me to not smoke the whole work day, i work outside now so i smoke all day at work. I am thinking this will be the best time to quit. Hopefully you will be hearing back from me soon!
Yea mang. Do eet.

I wasn't sure if I would be able to quit, but once I set my mind to do it, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think the anticipation/anxiety I put myself through before I quit was the worst part of it. Once I made a consious effort to quit, it was easy.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #45
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
I hit my 2 week mark today! I had surgery a couple weeks ago and used that as a head start. I've smoked steady for 12 years, and I'm surprised it hasn't been harder. There are moments, but overall not too bad yet.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 AM   #46
medusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nicemedusa1066 is just really nice
Name: Jonathan
medusa1066's Tacoma Gallery
8 weeks today for me!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #47
Taco Forum Noob
7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed7six2Fan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
7six2Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa1066 View Post
8 weeks today for me!
Nice!! More money to spend on the Tacos!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #48
Christian Off Road Engineering
C O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shedC O R E is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clint
C O R E's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man, I know so many people who smoke. And those who I know that *used to* smoke, have gone to dipping as an alternative and it's just as nasty if not worse. I've been fortunate to not begin the habit God knows my soda and junk food habit is bad enough. This thread inspired me to kick my own habit although it's obviously not as significant as smoking.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #49

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C O R E View Post
Congrats man, I know so many people who smoke. And those who I know that *used to* smoke, have gone to dipping as an alternative and it's just as nasty if not worse. I've been fortunate to not begin the habit God knows my soda and junk food habit is bad enough. This thread inspired me to kick my own habit although it's obviously not as significant as smoking.

Right on bro! Keep it up. Nothing like feeling healthier. One step at a time.

One of my buddies quit smoking about 3 years ago, and recently his girlfriend bought him a cigar cutter, and now he is smoking a cigar on the weekends. He THINKS it is ok, but I am on his ass like flies on shit trying to get him to understand you can still get nicotine through mouth glands and am still at risk of cancer.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:43 PM   #50
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
They say never quit quitting. Here goes quitting attempt #7. But this time, I went out and bought one of those fake cigarettes. It's water vapor and the liquid in it's got the nicotine and menthol. Step one in quitting so I'm good by the time boot camp comes around- if, indeed, I am accepted into service.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:09 AM   #51
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Hey all,

Finally quit smoking after 1 pack/day for 10 years. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since I quit cold turkey. Really stoked to be saying this, and wasn't sure I would ever be able to.

It feels really good. I can already breathe better, and my taste buds are starting to get their senses back.

I did get some nicorrete gum just in case I needed it, but so far have not touched it.

For anybody who is considering quitting smoking, it really is true that once you are ready and willing to quit, it isn't really that bad. Sure, I get urges all the time, and probably will till the day I take my dirt nap. The urges have become less frequent and less gnarly.

I've come this far, no way in hell am I picking up another cig. Will be tough though next time I'm in Vegas.

Thanks for reading.
Congratulations! I smoke about 3/4 a pack a day. I tried quitting so many times, but my job gets way too stressful at times an makes me smoke. Lame excuse I know... I know I have to quit soon, it gets too damn expensive!

For my it was easier to quit drinking. I quit year and 3 months ago after getting wasted every night. Have not had drop of alcohol since.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #52
Pabst knows best
banditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shedbanditstpk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
banditstpk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
They say never quit quitting. Here goes quitting attempt #7. But this time, I went out and bought one of those fake cigarettes. It's water vapor and the liquid in it's got the nicotine and menthol. Step one in quitting so I'm good by the time boot camp comes around- if, indeed, I am accepted into service.

i need to get me one of those i have at least 14 co-workers that are using those and they havent touched a real cig since they started on them. just need to get some money to get that start up package for one... 95$
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #53
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditstpk View Post
i need to get me one of those i have at least 14 co-workers that are using those and they havent touched a real cig since they started on them. just need to get some money to get that start up package for one... 95$
Do it man. Stop saying you need to get one and just do it. I bought one on tuesday and immediately went from a pack a day to none. Haven't smoked one cig since i bought it. I bought a eGo starter kit with 3 10ml juices for $80 and it has almost paid for itself already.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #54
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
quit smoking cigarettes a long time ago, been 36years now, decided to stop when I survived a bout of 'Lance's' cancer before he made it popular, very early chemo daze, hair never grew back..he ain't the only one that survived....

I still 4/20 on occasion though....spent the last 20 years doing marathons and ultramarathons in spare time...

you will feel a whole lot better...once you really decide it is a personal health issue, it is a no brainer, dipping is worse, ever see pictures of people with partial missing jaws?

Peace and long life to all...
Old 05-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #55
Bmack04 is on a distinguished road

Bmack04's Tacoma Gallery
good job man, keep it up. you'll never regret quitting smoking, trust me.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #56
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
quit smoking cigarettes a long time ago, been 36years now, decided to stop when I survived a bout of 'Lance's' cancer before he made it popular, very early chemo daze, hair never grew back..he ain't the only one that survived....

I still 4/20 on occasion though....spent the last 20 years doing marathons and ultramarathons in spare time...

you will feel a whole lot better...once you really decide it is a personal health issue, it is a no brainer, dipping is worse, ever see pictures of people with partial missing jaws?

Peace and long life to all...
4/20 smoking is "healthier" but can still cause lung cancer and issues

Some of the pictures of what happens with tobacco use are pretty gruesome. People have come to think medicine can fix all their bad life choices.

But glad you guys are trying to change the any of life, keep it up
Old 05-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #57
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Some of the pictures of what happens with tobacco use are pretty gruesome. People have come to think medicine can fix all their bad life choices.
My mother always reminds me of this..my father smoked when I was a kid. Whenever we went to the Museum of Science in Boston MA I would drag him to the exhibit of the lungs of people who smoked and how much, then nag him to stop. He quit when I was 10. I started at 14..go figure right?
Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #58
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
I officially quit on 12/11/2013. I had tried to quit all year this year. Pretty much half hearted. My daughter turned 1 on the 11th, and I have been telling myself I would quit when she turned 1. It is way easier now, than it used to be. I don't know if telling myself that I would quit then, kind of cemented it, but it was tough all year long, now not so bad.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:30 AM   #59

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Keep it up Roll Tide. You are setting a great example for your daughter.

Happy to say today marks 2 years since I quit cold turkey. Couldn't be happier. Feel great and the bank account is a little heavier because of it. It is nice to enjoy things without having to light up that I used to chain smoke through (fishing, camping, working on the taco, partying, etc).

For anybody considering quiting, or anybody who already has, stay strong and fight the good fight. YOU CAN DO IT!! I promise it gets easier with time.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 AM   #60
Lindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shedLindsey Walrod is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lindsey
Lindsey Walrod's Tacoma Gallery
Good job!!!