Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Are these supplements safe for me?

Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
bennett is on a distinguished road

Name: Bennett
bennett's Tacoma Gallery
Are these supplements safe for me?

Hey yall im a high school athlete, and i have been lifting weights since i was in 7th grade. This summer will be the summer before my senior year and i really want to bulk up. I'm already taking about 50g of whey after i workout every day.

Am I safe to take creatine before i workout at my age(17)? If so, would it really help that much?

Also, at my age am i safe to take testosterone boosters in the morning like tribulus for the purpose of building muscle?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a doctor but i would wait on the testosterone boosters prob until in your 20's you still got time for that stuff to kick in. Protein is harmless. if you get extra protein your body doesnt need it just gets rid of it. But im not sure about creatine. I know it helps your muscles recover after workouts more efficiently but I dont know how it affects your body other than it can dehydrate you if you dont drink like 2 gallons of water day.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Which creatine?

I would hold off on the test booster, you're body is already making a ton ha

Do you take a pre-w.o.? What's your routine look like

I don't know what you're doing already but I'm willing to say if you bulk up your diet and change up your weight routine you should be able to bulk up.

A pre-w.o. can give you that edge and yes creatine will blow you up but it'll disappear just as fast when you cycle off it. I'd say that's a maybe at your age, I personally would say not to but meh. . .

I'm 23 and took my first test booster, wait on that
Old 03-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
You're in high school, you're body is producing PLENTY of testosterone especially if you're already lifting regularly. Protein is fine but there is the argument that your body can only absorb so much at a time and the rest is turned into fat. Take that with a grain of salt especially if you've been on a high protein diet and your body is accustomed to it. Creatine retains water in your cells which allows nutrients to flow better across the cell membrane which is what allows better absorption. It's also been shown to increase power, dihydrotestosterone, and insulin like growth factor. Take it with juice or chocolate milk as the sugars assist the absorption of the creatine itself. Like anything be aware of how much you are taking in since it's supposedly hard on the kidneys over time.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
rbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedrbishopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: ARFF @ ROC
Name: Rich
rbishopp's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with the protein. No hazard with that. Your body can't absorb more than 25 or 30 grams of protein at a time so maybe split the 50 half before and half after workout. based on your weight you take more protein than that throughout the day but do your own research on that. Your diet is the best way to get protein. Chicken. Beans. You know the healthy stuff. Eat an hour before working out. Or a shake. just make sure you have complete diet not just protein or you'll never shit again. Well you will but it won't be fun.

I tried creatine. Really it seems to just force water into you muscles giving you a slightly better lift but also requires you to drink more water too. Friend of mine drinks nearly 8 liters of water a day to stay hydrated because of the creatine.
You can ask your doctor to include testosterone to a blood test next time you do that. Creatine too. Then you'll know for sure if it's safe to take more or not.

I would stick with the protein for now. Better to get useful strong and not pretty strong.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
bennett is on a distinguished road

Name: Bennett
bennett's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Which creatine?

I would hold off on the test booster, you're body is already making a ton ha

Do you take a pre-w.o.? What's your routine look like

I don't know what you're doing already but I'm willing to say if you bulk up your diet and change up your weight routine you should be able to bulk up.

A pre-w.o. can give you that edge and yes creatine will blow you up but it'll disappear just as fast when you cycle off it. I'd say that's a maybe at your age, I personally would say not to but meh. . .

I'm 23 and took my first test booster, wait on that
I don't take a pre-w.o. right now.
Heres my routine:
Monday-Core: Bench
Wednesday-Core: Squat
Thursday-Core: Cleans
I do cardio on days in between

I'll definately hold off on test booster, but what about something like ZMA?
Old 03-02-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
I first tried creatine when I was around 16.
If you know what you're doing and dont just take ridiculous amounts of the stuff, you can see some pretty good gains in terms of strength and endurance with little water weight.

from what I've tried, kre-alkalyn is the best creatine IMO

protein always helps. you don't always really have to take a TON of protein. try shakes with 25-40g, but 3 times a day.
(One when you wake up, one after a workout, and one before bed)

I wouldnt try testo boosts at your age...or ever...(but that's just me)

and if you're talking about "Prime" for the tribulus aquaticus... It doesn't work. Didn't work for me or any of my friends.

We were stupid enough to try some for a few cycles, but that's a helluva expensive way to eat a chestnut. Ran it by my father; who's a biochemist/practicing M.D and he almost slapped me for buying the stuff.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
2011supercoma is on a distinguished road
Name: capt. schyler
2011supercoma's Tacoma Gallery
Creatine is fine, but u only really have to take it 2x a week. i know it says everyday, but thas so ull go threw it faster and buy more.

I'm 25 and just started with test boosters, when u get gpb syndrome then start with the booster. And have fun with it man.