1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are these supplements safe for me?

Discussion in 'Health' started by bennett, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Mar 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    bennett

bennett [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bennett
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4X4
    5100s on all 4 corners(Fronts at .85); Eibach Coils; Toytec Diff Drop; Toytec Top Plate Spacers; Toytec AAL; 285/75R16 MTZs
    Hey yall im a high school athlete, and i have been lifting weights since i was in 7th grade. This summer will be the summer before my senior year and i really want to bulk up. I'm already taking about 50g of whey after i workout every day.

Am I safe to take creatine before i workout at my age(17)? If so, would it really help that much?

Also, at my age am i safe to take testosterone boosters in the morning like tribulus for the purpose of building muscle?

2. Mar 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    Im not a doctor but i would wait on the testosterone boosters prob until in your 20's you still got time for that stuff to kick in. Protein is harmless. if you get extra protein your body doesnt need it just gets rid of it. But im not sure about creatine. I know it helps your muscles recover after workouts more efficiently but I dont know how it affects your body other than it can dehydrate you if you dont drink like 2 gallons of water day.

3. Mar 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    Which creatine?

I would hold off on the test booster, you're body is already making a ton ha

Do you take a pre-w.o.? What's your routine look like

I don't know what you're doing already but I'm willing to say if you bulk up your diet and change up your weight routine you should be able to bulk up.

A pre-w.o. can give you that edge and yes creatine will blow you up but it'll disappear just as fast when you cycle off it. I'd say that's a maybe at your age, I personally would say not to but meh. . .

I'm 23 and took my first test booster, wait on that

4. Mar 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana Tesla Auto

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Morgan Hill, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, American Auto Horns ACDF, Pelfrey Bussman mount+Sandman bussman fuse block (soon), 255/75R16s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    You're in high school, you're body is producing PLENTY of testosterone especially if you're already lifting regularly. Protein is fine but there is the argument that your body can only absorb so much at a time and the rest is turned into fat. Take that with a grain of salt especially if you've been on a high protein diet and your body is accustomed to it. Creatine retains water in your cells which allows nutrients to flow better across the cell membrane which is what allows better absorption. It's also been shown to increase power, dihydrotestosterone, and insulin like growth factor. Take it with juice or chocolate milk as the sugars assist the absorption of the creatine itself. Like anything be aware of how much you are taking in since it's supposedly hard on the kidneys over time.

5. Mar 2, 2012 at 1:35 PM
    rbishopp

rbishopp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Webster, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 4WD Reg cab Taco. Keepin it simple.
    So far I've added an Advance folding bed cover and since removed it. Gave it to my son in Maine, he has an 05 2wd. GT perfect fit seat covers. Weathertech floor mats and window vent visors. Waag center brush/grill guard. Hose clamp tailgate mod. Turned off the seat belt chime. Added Ultra-Gauge. Trailer hitch. Softopper. Replaced sun visors with slide out style. Toyota bed extender. Had Firestone Destinations and now Michelin LTX AT2 in stock size. More mods to come; Fog lights, locking storage in bed, intermittent wipers. Now looking for Radio/HU upgrade. and maybe a lift way down the road.
    Stick with the protein. No hazard with that. Your body can't absorb more than 25 or 30 grams of protein at a time so maybe split the 50 half before and half after workout. based on your weight you take more protein than that throughout the day but do your own research on that. Your diet is the best way to get protein. Chicken. Beans. You know the healthy stuff. Eat an hour before working out. Or a shake. just make sure you have complete diet not just protein or you'll never shit again. Well you will but it won't be fun.

I tried creatine. Really it seems to just force water into you muscles giving you a slightly better lift but also requires you to drink more water too. Friend of mine drinks nearly 8 liters of water a day to stay hydrated because of the creatine.
    You can ask your doctor to include testosterone to a blood test next time you do that. Creatine too. Then you'll know for sure if it's safe to take more or not.

I would stick with the protein for now. Better to get useful strong and not pretty strong.

6. Mar 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM
    bennett

bennett [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bennett
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4X4
    5100s on all 4 corners(Fronts at .85); Eibach Coils; Toytec Diff Drop; Toytec Top Plate Spacers; Toytec AAL; 285/75R16 MTZs
    I don't take a pre-w.o. right now.
    Heres my routine:
    Monday-Core: Bench
    Wednesday-Core: Squat
    Thursday-Core: Cleans
    I do cardio on days in between

I'll definately hold off on test booster, but what about something like ZMA?

7. Mar 2, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    I first tried creatine when I was around 16.
    If you know what you're doing and dont just take ridiculous amounts of the stuff, you can see some pretty good gains in terms of strength and endurance with little water weight.

from what I've tried, kre-alkalyn is the best creatine IMO

protein always helps. you don't always really have to take a TON of protein. try shakes with 25-40g, but 3 times a day.
    (One when you wake up, one after a workout, and one before bed)

I wouldnt try testo boosts at your age...or ever...(but that's just me)

and if you're talking about "Prime" for the tribulus aquaticus... It doesn't work. Didn't work for me or any of my friends.

We were stupid enough to try some for a few cycles, but that's a helluva expensive way to eat a chestnut. Ran it by my father; who's a biochemist/practicing M.D and he almost slapped me for buying the stuff.

8. Mar 2, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    2011supercoma

2011supercoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    nola
    Vehicle:
    sr5 4x4, trd supercharged
    trd supercharger, afe cai, doug thorley lt hearders, magnaflow exhaust, rcd 4.5" lift with ome 883 springs, cbi ditch light mounts with rigid industry D2 spot lights,
    Creatine is fine, but u only really have to take it 2x a week. i know it says everyday, but thas so ull go threw it faster and buy more.

I'm 25 and just started with test boosters, when u get gpb syndrome then start with the booster. And have fun with it man.

Products Discussed in

To Top