1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Scott Fire Fighter Stairclimb Seattle WA.

Discussion in 'Health' started by 06TRDZombieHunter, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

06TRDZombieHunter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
    Hey everybody.. I am a Volunteer Firefighter with Cornelius Fire Department in Oregon. This is the 4th year I've participated in the Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle Washington. Some of you may already know, but its a big fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society to benefit blood cancer research and support the families affected by these diseases. I've been actively fundraising for our department, but all the effort has gone to our Team page.. Which is great, we've already raised well over what we had last year, and are still in the top 20 depts participating. (not bad for our little station when we're competing with Portland Fire Bureau and Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue and the like.)

Anyhow, if I dont raise $150.00 on my personal page by the 30th of this month, I can't participate next year!!

Heres the link to my page.. every dollar helps!
    http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1090602&pg=personal&fr_id=1220

The event is a race up the Columbia Center Tower in downtown Seattle WA. 69 floors, 1311 stairs... full PPE on air. Brutal some might call it.

This is a great cause guys! Thank you!

Rob

2. Mar 9, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    K&N Intake System Port and Polish of TB x2 E3 Diamondfire Sparkplugs 2.5" Leveling kit 32" BFG A/Ts Zombie Response decals Custom painted grill, trim under headlights, scoop, intake and manifold. No more mud flaps, Temp gauge inside intake box, BHLM, extra D-rings in front of bed, No more plastic storage box behind rear seats. More to come.
  3. Mar 9, 2012 at 2:44 PM
    aportis72

aportis72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Supercharger
    I can't donate but my good friend who's is a FF medic is doing the climb this weekend. She lost her dad 3 years ago this week to leukemia.

Great cause if your considering supporting.

Good luck bro and root Alexa Bowen on if you see her

4. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Bump

Please guys, donations are tax deductible (next year), and even $1 helps.

I WANNA CLIMB AGAIN IN 2013!!

5. Mar 9, 2012 at 4:10 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB

Our dept will be wearing the photo of last years honored patient. She was the daughter of a Fire fighter from Staton OR and his family.. Sadly she passed away last year.
    If I see Bowen I'll mention you wished us luck, Thanks for the post!

6. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Bump for the 5 o clock hour.. This is for all those members who get off work at 1700 and immediately check their TW!

If thats you, click the link and send $1 or more to help fight blood cancers and help me register for next years climb!

7. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    back to the top. bump

8. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    :DJust an FYI.. Fundraising for this years event ends March 30th.. I'll try to bump these posts up once or twice a day until then.. I might miss a couple days due to work, or whatever.. feel free to help out by bumping it for me? Thanks everybody!

9. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Aww, good old Hillsburrito. I know the FF you mention in Stayton. Used to play football against Regis and knew all of the people who lived there. I am originally from Salem. I would donate to you, but I am helping out some FF's and cops in Wichita.

10. Mar 9, 2012 at 5:58 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  11. Mar 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB

Hahaha! Hillsburrito.. Glad to see support either way. Thanks for stopping by in the thread. I think next year I'll get the online fundraising started earlier. We've had a couple events here in town, one at 24hr fitness, one at The Human Bean coffee. . and I received a donation from my employer, Metro West Ambulance for $1000. Our team is doing AWESOME! But I still need about $90 to meet the minimum fundraising requirements.
    Anyhow, thanks for the bump!

12. Mar 9, 2012 at 6:13 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    This is a great cause, free bump!

13. Mar 9, 2012 at 10:44 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  14. Mar 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Check out this Saturday BUMP!

15. Mar 11, 2012 at 5:00 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  16. Mar 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
  17. Mar 11, 2012 at 7:58 PM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    Wow that posted late, boo for 3G

18. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    SMKYTXN

SMKYTXN If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    11, 4dr, TRD Sport, 6sp
    DCFB
    How'd you do?

19. Mar 11, 2012 at 8:23 PM
    koch1024

koch1024 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    NYC
    Vehicle:
    04 Xtra Cab 3.4 5spd
    Icon 2.5s with Camburg UCA's, 5100s in the rear, K&N intake, Borla cat back,
    Sorry I missed it. I guess it's gotten popular if there is a minimum to come back next year. I did it a couple times about seven or eight years ago when I was a vol with tvfr. How'd it go?

20. Mar 12, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    06TRDZombieHunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Hillsboro, OR
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DCLB
    I hit the top in 21:10.. Not terrible for not training at all. The guy on our dept that I compete with each year trained pretty regular, and talked alot of crap, but I beat him (again) by 19secs.. 4 years running now! Lol
    Overall we had 17 climbers, and everyone did very well. We had three guys in the 17 min range. It was a fun event, and I look forward to next year!

I want to thank SMKYTXN for contributing the $35 I needed to be eligible to play again next year, from here till the 30th the rest of the fundraising is all for LLS!
    So far our dept has doubled our previous best donations, totaling over $8,000!! Fantastic!

Products Discussed in

To Top