Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Scott Fire Fighter Stairclimb Seattle WA.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
Scott Fire Fighter Stairclimb Seattle WA.

Hey everybody.. I am a Volunteer Firefighter with Cornelius Fire Department in Oregon. This is the 4th year I've participated in the Scott Firefighter Stairclimb in Seattle Washington. Some of you may already know, but its a big fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society to benefit blood cancer research and support the families affected by these diseases. I've been actively fundraising for our department, but all the effort has gone to our Team page.. Which is great, we've already raised well over what we had last year, and are still in the top 20 depts participating. (not bad for our little station when we're competing with Portland Fire Bureau and Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue and the like.)

Anyhow, if I dont raise $150.00 on my personal page by the 30th of this month, I can't participate next year!!

Heres the link to my page.. every dollar helps!
http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/...nal&fr_id=1220

The event is a race up the Columbia Center Tower in downtown Seattle WA. 69 floors, 1311 stairs... full PPE on air. Brutal some might call it.

This is a great cause guys! Thank you!

Rob
Old 03-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
aportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of lightaportis72 is a glorious beacon of light
EMS:
Name: Austin
aportis72's Tacoma Gallery
I can't donate but my good friend who's is a FF medic is doing the climb this weekend. She lost her dad 3 years ago this week to leukemia.

Great cause if your considering supporting.

Good luck bro and root Alexa Bowen on if you see her
Old 03-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the good luck wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aportis72 View Post
I can't donate but my good friend who's is a FF medic is doing the climb this weekend. She lost her dad 3 years ago this week to leukemia.

Great cause if your considering supporting.

Good luck bro and root Alexa Bowen on if you see her

Our dept will be wearing the photo of last years honored patient. She was the daughter of a Fire fighter from Staton OR and his family.. Sadly she passed away last year.
If I see Bowen I'll mention you wished us luck, Thanks for the post!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #6

Bump for the 5 o clock hour.. This is for all those members who get off work at 1700 and immediately check their TW!

If thats you, click the link and send $1 or more to help fight blood cancers and help me register for next years climb!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #8

Just an FYI.. Fundraising for this years event ends March 30th.. I'll try to bump these posts up once or twice a day until then.. I might miss a couple days due to work, or whatever.. feel free to help out by bumping it for me? Thanks everybody!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Aww, good old Hillsburrito. I know the FF you mention in Stayton. Used to play football against Regis and knew all of the people who lived there. I am originally from Salem. I would donate to you, but I am helping out some FF's and cops in Wichita.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #11

HillsBurrito and Corn-Town. . Never gets old. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Aww, good old Hillsburrito. I know the FF you mention in Stayton. Used to play football against Regis and knew all of the people who lived there. I am originally from Salem. I would donate to you, but I am helping out some FF's and cops in Wichita.

Hahaha! Hillsburrito.. Glad to see support either way. Thanks for stopping by in the thread. I think next year I'll get the online fundraising started earlier. We've had a couple events here in town, one at 24hr fitness, one at The Human Bean coffee. . and I received a donation from my employer, Metro West Ambulance for $1000. Our team is doing AWESOME! But I still need about $90 to meet the minimum fundraising requirements.
Anyhow, thanks for the bump!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 AM   #16

At the event!

We're at the Columbia Center Tower now, Battallion 8 is lining up for their ascent to the top. I can't get my iPhone to post pictures, but if someone knows how, I'll check this throughout the day.

Donate if you can!
http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/...nal&fr_id=1220
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
How'd you do?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I missed it. I guess it's gotten popular if there is a minimum to come back next year. I did it a couple times about seven or eight years ago when I was a vol with tvfr. How'd it go?
Old 03-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #20

I hit the top in 21:10.. Not terrible for not training at all. The guy on our dept that I compete with each year trained pretty regular, and talked alot of crap, but I beat him (again) by 19secs.. 4 years running now! Lol
Overall we had 17 climbers, and everyone did very well. We had three guys in the 17 min range. It was a fun event, and I look forward to next year!

I want to thank SMKYTXN for contributing the $35 I needed to be eligible to play again next year, from here till the 30th the rest of the fundraising is all for LLS!
So far our dept has doubled our previous best donations, totaling over $8,000!! Fantastic!