Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

anyone ever had an EGD (upper endoscopy) done?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #1
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
anyone ever had an EGD (upper endoscopy) done?

I am having one tomorrow, and I am FREAKING out. I have had gall bladder surgery and ACL reconstruction surgery, so I've been sedated before. But I keep freaking out that I wont be able to breathe, or will be gagging/barfing the whole time. I have a very sensitive gag reflex. Hell ,I've made myself damn near puke just brushing my teeth.

any words of comfort. And yes, I am a pussy. lol.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Just had one last year. No problem.

I also just had my gallbladder out. No problem.

Dont worry. You wont remember a thing. Might wake up with a sore throat but that is about it.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Versed....it's a good thing.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
puckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpuckstopper55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

puckstopper55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Just had one last year. No problem.

I also just had my gallbladder out. No problem.

Dont worry. You wont remember a thing. Might wake up with a sore throat but that is about it.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. You arent awake, but the scope they use is actually pretty thin, and you will not have a problem breathing. Actually the best part (according to my wife) was the stuff I was saying on the way home.

Dont sweat it.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Doc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doc
Doc35's Tacoma Gallery
What they said, nothing to it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
I had one years ago. Remember them starting the procedure but slept through the rest of it. I have asthma and didn't have any issues.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I guess if I can handle them shoving a horse needle into my leg to deaden the nerve for my entire leg, and not feel it, I can handle this. I just hate medical procedures.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
I've had 3 don't sweat it man
Old 03-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
Versed....it's a good thing.

and fentanyl
Old 03-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #10
Cybertronian Tacoma

yeah. it was fine. I don't remember shit, had a sore throat for a couple days, but they said everything looked fine. no tumors or polyps or anything.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Cybertronian Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Good to hear man....the build up was worse than the actual procedure huh?
for sure.