Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

anyone here take xanax ?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:52 AM   #1
Banned
sunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to beholdsunflower is a splendid one to behold
sunflower's Tacoma Gallery
anyone here take xanax ?

When you take xanax do you feel intoxicated ? Can you drive safely while taking it ?

Also, if you take it for anxiety or panic, does it work well to get rid of it ?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
it would depend on the dose. it has different affects on different people. i personally dont take it, but know of a few who do. i drink beer to get rid of my anxiety. if you feel intoxicated, i would say you have a high dosage of it.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Benny's !

Yes, no legally , yes . See how they work for you .
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Xanax works well for anxiety. My advice would be to not drive until you see how it affects you. It shouldn't make you feel intoxicated. BTW, my vet put my dog on xanax for anxiety issues and it works great.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
...Prob should just ask the doctor that presrcibed the medication. Not sure if its the best idea to get opinions on a forum of non physicians on medication...just sayin
X2
Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
...Prob should just ask the doctor that presrcibed the medication. Not sure if its the best idea to get opinions on a forum of non physicians on medication...just sayin
X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Xanax works well for anxiety. My advice would be to not drive until you see how it affects you. It shouldn't make you feel intoxicated. BTW, my vet put my dog on xanax for anxiety issues and it works great.
Soooo...... has your dog told you this?
Old 04-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
I take zoloft for my anxiety disorder...works pretty well.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
Shake and Bake
4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed4wd Boss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jefferson
4wd Boss's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
X3

Soooo...... has your dog told you this?
hahaha
Old 04-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Curious on what these anxiety meds do?
Mellow/calm you out?

Would this be for someone who hates being around
crowds of people (malls, sporting events etc...)
Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
For me its more of a panic controller. It feels like my throat is closing and that I'm going to die.

Main causes of it is being in places that aren't familiar or not knowing where a hospital is.

Excessive caffiene also gives them to me as well.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
canoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to beholdcanoeski is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bill
canoeski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflower View Post
When you take xanax do you feel intoxicated ? Can you drive safely while taking it ?

Also, if you take it for anxiety or panic, does it work well to get rid of it ?
Xanax (alprazolam) is a tranquillizer that can be used for treating acute, short-term anxiety (panic attacks). It affects the same neurotransmitters in your brain as alcohol, and so, has similar side effects.

You should never drive after taking this, or combine it with alcohol or any other sedating medications!

Alprazolam gets into the brain faster than almost any other tranquillizer, so has rapid onset of action. It is metabolized fairly rapidly, so the benificial effects wear off faster. This causes some persons to re-dose the drug, and may lead to habit-forming use. If someone becomes addicted to any drug in this family (alprazolam, lorazepam, clonazepam, and others) it is extremely difficult to get off them.

You should discuss this with you healthcare provider and know the risks and alternatives. There are other drugs to treat anxiety which are better for long-term use (sometimes used in combination).

If you are not getting your Xanax from a licensed prescriber: STOP NOW and get professional help.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I got off Lorazepam quick . Gnar stuff to me . Made me think crazy .
Old 04-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #13
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Well, you shouldn't be driving or operating anything while under the influence of any prescription controlled substance.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:45 PM   #14
USFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shedUSFCON is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medical
Name: Jeff
USFCON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Curious on what these anxiety meds do?
Mellow/calm you out?

Would this be for someone who hates being around
crowds of people (malls, sporting events etc...)

Social anxiety disorder? Do you take it only before the above type occasions?

What does the script say, dose/frequency?
Old 06-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #15
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
it makes me feel soooooooooo good
Old 07-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotrd647 View Post
For me its more of a panic controller. It feels like my throat is closing and that I'm going to die.

Main causes of it is being in places that aren't familiar or not knowing where a hospital is.

Excessive caffiene also gives them to me as well.
I know the feeling. I had a meltdown last year when a ton of life events all unfolded at once. I thought I was having a stroke and went to the hospital. Pretty serious.

I take a generic celexa as a daily maintenence and I have Ativan if I feel like I am having another panic attack. It been about 8 months or so and I am slowly reducing my daily dose of the generic celexa and it's kind of a wild ride.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit, a Sunflower thread that didn't get locked?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Holy shit, a Sunflower thread that didn't get locked?
Sunflower thread?
Old 07-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Sunflower thread?
The OP.

Troll, cop-stalker... really creepy shit going on with him and he got banned for it.
Most of his threads ended up being locked even before he was banned.
The mods should finish the job. He never posted anything of any positive contribution to the forum, didn't even own a Tacoma. Just came here to troll and bait LEOs.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:33 AM   #20
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Ya he was a peice of shit. We all got majorly sunflowered!