Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

whats wrong with my family? Food poisioning?

Old 04-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #21
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
lulz
Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #22
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Im not a doctor, but I am pretty sure most people in your situation would call one of those....what do you call them....oh yeah, a doctor
Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #23
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
all the alarms were going off in the house last night? but we thought we were the smoke alarms freaking out???

2 of the daughters were puking before the alarms went off though

were not tired, but we all feel groggy and weird
If I read this correctly you had alarms going off in the house ? I would have to say get the CO level checked in the house. Everything you described could be caused by CO poisoning.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #24
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
Could it be something in the drinking water maybe?
i have no clue, but im sure were not the only ones that drank water.... ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
My investigative instinct, cleaning up puke and shit from a 3 yr old, led me to believe it was the flu. Several other people I know got this, normal flu just shorter lasting.
but they didnt have a fever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
Eh, ok, maybe I wouldn't bet a ball but I'd still bet on norovirus. He said he felt like he was going to puke. That's close enough. I had it, that's the only reason I'm going with it. I wouldn't say I had cramps either, more like random waves of nausea. Everything else was pretty much fine, just like the op said. Maybe a little weird, but nothing you can put a finger on except the nausea.
nausea only comes for like a minute and thats when i think im gonna puke. then goes completely away.

i feel like im out of it.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #25
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=97yota4wd;4887790]
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Hmmm.. http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm[/QUOTE]

online it says it will just go away, so do we juust see if it passes?
Yes - BUT I AM NOT A DOCTOR

I had it, my wife had it, and our 2 year old twin daughters had it. We took them to the doctor right away. It kicked their little butts, but the doctor told us there was nothing we could do. It had to run it's course. My wife and I were over it in no time (I only missed a half day of work) but it took the kids a good week and a half to really see them almost back to normal. Don't let yourself (or family) dehydrate, that's about all there is to say about it if is Norovirus.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #26
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
If I read this correctly you had alarms going off in the house ? I would have to say get the CO level checked in the house. Everything you described could be caused by CO poisoning.
Except for that most smoke alarms are not CO detectors
Old 04-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but they didnt have a fever?
My son had a small fever off and on, neither my wife or I had one.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
Norovirus
i had this..and the symptoms are perfectly described...vomiting, the runs..but no real nausea..
Old 04-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
It's those 190 bottles of Pepsi they bought and drank yesterday.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #30
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i dragged myself to the hospital. best part is..they took a look at me, and called it norovirus. they gave me a shot in the buttcheek. told me i would feel better. i asked how long until the shot works, the nurse replied, "in about 5 minutes". i kid you not, whatever she gave me just clicked and i felt better.

norovirus..no cramps at all..slight nausea..no fever. just minor woozyness, and wham..i either had to vomit, or shit myself.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Im not a doctor, but I am pretty sure most people in your situation would call one of those....what do you call them....oh yeah, a doctor
can i use yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
my father in law is hooking up a CO level checker thing, so we will know that soon.

[QUOTE=Bryan139;4887853]
Quote:

Yes - BUT I AM NOT A DOCTOR

I had it, my wife had it, and our 2 year old twin daughters had it. We took them to the doctor right away. It kicked their little butts, but the doctor told us there was nothing we could do. It had to run it's course. My wife and I were over it in no time (I only missed a half day of work) but it took the kids a good week and a half to really see them almost back to normal. Don't let yourself (or family) dehydrate, that's about all there is to say about it if is Norovirus.

of course, thanks for your explanation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
My son had a small fever off and on, neither my wife or I had one.
hmm okay, sounds pretty close to the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i had this..and the symptoms are perfectly described...vomiting, the runs..but no real nausea..
thanks!

ill be calling my doctor
Old 04-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
If it has anything to do with CO, you should be able to get a hold of your local fire department and they should have air/gas detectors they can go through your house with. We just had a call last week where their CO detector was going off but like anyone else, they opened all their windows and doors so by the time we arrived on scene, our portable detector didnt pick anything up. We left them with one of our FD wall mount detectors and nothing set it off all last week. Might want to look into them for some help.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #33
hope everyone feels better quick.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #34
Banned
Quote:
i dragged myself to the hospital. best part is..they took a look at me, and called it norovirus. they gave me a shot in the buttcheek. told me i would feel better. i asked how long until the shot works, the nurse replied, "in about 5 minutes". i kid you not, whatever she gave me just clicked and i felt better.

norovirus..no cramps at all..slight nausea..no fever. just minor woozyness, and wham..i either had to vomit, or shit myself.
that sounds just like everyone. thanks everyone for the help
Old 04-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #35
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
If it has anything to do with CO, you should be able to get a hold of your local fire department and they should have air/gas detectors they can go through your house with. We just had a call last week where their CO detector was going off but like anyone else, they opened all their windows and doors so by the time we arrived on scene, our portable detector didnt pick anything up. We left them with one of our FD wall mount detectors and nothing set it off all last week. Might want to look into them for some help.
were setting up the detector right now, ill let you guys know.

Quote:
hope everyone feels better quick.
thank you!
Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #36
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #37
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
Old 04-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #38
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old 04-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #39
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all the alarms were going off in the house last night? but we thought we were the smoke alarms freaking out???

2 of the daughters were puking before the alarms went off though

were not tired, but we all feel groggy and weird
DUDE ... if these were CO alarms going off (and a lot of new fire alarms are combination fire & CO detectors), then you need to get your family out of that house ASAP.

If you don't have a CO alarm, get one and install it immediately.

Well before your CO alarm goes off, you can be sick. Do NOT mess with CO poisoning, or the next stop for the family is the morgue.

The "groggy and weird" you talk about seriously concerns me.

Norovirus makes you feel like absolute shit. So does food poisoning. If it is those, you might be having a sympathetic reaction. Being around a house full of pukers all night can deinitely make you feel like you're coming down with whatever they got, even if you aren't. That you don't feel sick or have diarrhea yourself (which almost always proceded vomiting with norovirus & food poisoning) would seem to point to this.

The good news is if it's is norovirus or 99% of all food poisoning, everyone should be back to normal in 24-48 hours.

But again that the alarms were going off is of SERIOUS SERIOUS concern given the symptoms you describe.