Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

whats wrong with my family? Food poisioning?

Old 04-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
whats wrong with my family? Food poisioning?

Hey guys, so everyone in my girlfriends family is sick (i practically live here)

all 3 daughters were puking all night, but they dont feel really sick or anything like that.

me and my mother in law work together and we are both feeling weird, like im going to puke then i go to the bathroom and it goes away. im not dizzy, i do not feel sick, and i do not have a fever. everyone has diarria, but my stomach doesnt even hurt??

ideas?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Carbon monoxide poisoning?

EDIT: Nevermind. You are not dizzy.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
What have you guys eaten or eaten from recently in common?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #4
I have a spectacular aura
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Bryan139's Tacoma Gallery
Norovirus
Old 04-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
That usually makes you tired though doesn't it?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Bryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud ofBryan139 has much to be proud of

Here, I even hit up Google news real quick and this was posted 5 hours ago

http://ktar.com/6/1525801/AZ-health-...bout-Norovirus
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Three weeks ago something like this swept through my family. I got sick, my wife got sick and my 3.5 year old got sick. My son threw up for the better part of a day, always feeling fine ... he played all day. My wife and I both got knocked down for about 12 hours. It came fast and it went fast. My other son who is 1.5 did not appear to get sick.

All in all it was a blown weekend with my son sick Fri, my wife Fri night/Sat AM and me Sat PM/Sun AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
all the alarms were going off in the house last night? but we thought we were the smoke alarms freaking out???

2 of the daughters were puking before the alarms went off though

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
That usually makes you tired though doesn't it?
were not tired, but we all feel groggy and weird
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
all the alarms were going off in the house last night? but we thought we were the smoke alarms freaking out???

Hmmm.. http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
probably just a bug. being in college around a bunch of people and such i seem to get one once a year. shit and puke like crazy for a day, feel like im on the brink of death, sleep, wake up, start back like normal the next day.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #11

Quote:

2 of the daughters were puking before the alarms went off though

I would bet a ball you have norovirus.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #12
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

If it's CO, then your red blood cells are being starved of oxygen. That will definitely make you feel this way. Easy to check your oxygen saturation in the ER or at home if you have the equipment.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan139 View Post
But he said his stomach is not hurting. Cramps are a symptom. http://www.medicinenet.com/norovirus...2.htm#symptoms
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
What have you guys eaten or eaten from recently in common?
yeah, we all ate lunch/dinner last night

saturday the 3 girls all ate the same thing from carrabas

Quote:
Norovirus
Quote:
Here, I even hit up Google news real quick and this was posted 5 hours ago

http://ktar.com/6/1525801/AZ-health-...bout-Norovirus
shit, that kinda sounds like the symptoms?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Three weeks ago something like this swept through my family. I got sick, my wife got sick and my 3.5 year old got sick. My son threw up for the better part of a day, always feeling fine ... he played all day. My wife and I both got knocked down for about 12 hours. It came fast and it went fast. My other son who is 1.5 did not appear to get sick.

All in all it was a blown weekend with my son sick Fri, my wife Fri night/Sat AM and me Sat PM/Sun AM.
hmm, ever find out what it was?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #15
Banned
[QUOTE=babytruck;4887743]Hmmm.. http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm[/QUOTE]

yeah i dont think its carbon monoxide poisioning.........
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
probably just a bug. being in college around a bunch of people and such i seem to get one once a year. shit and puke like crazy for a day, feel like im on the brink of death, sleep, wake up, start back like normal the next day.
i have had bugs, this is just weird

Quote:
online it says it will just go away, so do we juust see if it passes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
If it's CO, then your red blood cells are being starved of oxygen. That will definitely make you feel this way. Easy to check your oxygen saturation in the ER or at home if you have the equipment.
i left the house this morning, i stayed there last night and im at work getting fresh air, it really didnt start till i got in my car to leave for work.

Quote:
But he said his stomach is not hurting. Cramps are a symptom. http://www.medicinenet.com/norovirus...2.htm#symptoms
yeah none of us have cramps.

P.S.
there was a bunch of people, 15 or so at the house yesterday and only the people that live there are sick.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
jaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaw154 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jaw154's Tacoma Gallery
Could it be something in the drinking water maybe?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #17
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hmm, ever find out what it was?
My investigative instinct, cleaning up puke and shit from a 3 yr old, led me to believe it was the flu. Several other people I know got this, normal flu just shorter lasting.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Eh, ok, maybe I wouldn't bet a ball but I'd still bet on norovirus. He said he felt like he was going to puke. That's close enough. I had it, that's the only reason I'm going with it. I wouldn't say I had cramps either, more like random waves of nausea. Everything else was pretty much fine, just like the op said. Maybe a little weird, but nothing you can put a finger on except the nausea.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

P.S.
there was a bunch of people, 15 or so at the house yesterday and only the people that live there are sick.
sounds like yall have been having mad orgies and all caught the same STD. go get checked out man.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
I'm calling it now... bad guacamole