Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Skin Question

Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomathunder's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomathunder
Skin Question

So Im 20 years old and i have this issue that I'm sure at least one of you might have.......... i hope lol... On the back of my head and down to my neck i have skin irritation and pimples, thats all well and good, but my problem is that the pimples get huge and hurt and sometimes bleed from barely touching them... this is the only area on my body that i get pimples, I've moved on from puberty lol... so if you have or have had this, how did you treat it?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
BaNgArAnG
06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TACOFIREMAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Caleb
06TACOFIREMAN's Tacoma Gallery
youve got aids
Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
tacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathunder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
shingles?

bottom line tho, can u see a dermatologist?

I know we dont all have insurance.
not at this point i couldn't, i wish it would just go away to tell you the truth, would be a lot cheaper lol...and its not shingles, i looked that up...definately not that
Old 05-13-2012, 08:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Dermatologist? imo - Kind of creepy/personal issue for a TW thread?
oh and why isnt this in the 2nd Gen section?
well i didn't think it was that creepy since its on the back of my head... not on my ass or something lol
Old 05-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get big nasty ones but a few years ago I got pimple-like things on my hairline on the back of my neck when I'd cut my hair, similar to some who get them post shaving their neck.

You can try acne treatment, oral or topical, as well as cutting your hair shorter and keeping that area clean and moisturized which may help but what most people don't realize is that their diet is a huge factor in most cases. Are you hydrated? Do you eat sugar/junk? Fix your diet and hygiene well and I'll assume improvements will be had.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dermatologist? imo - Kind of creepy/personal issue for a TW thread?
oh and why isnt this in the 2nd Gen section?
were you not here for the tapeworms?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I don't get big nasty ones but a few years ago I got pimple-like things on my hairline on the back of my neck when I'd cut my hair, similar to some who get them post shaving their neck.

You can try acne treatment, oral or topical, as well as cutting your hair shorter and keeping that area clean and moisturized which may help but what most people don't realize is that their diet is a huge factor in most cases. Are you hydrated? Do you eat sugar/junk? Fix your diet and hygiene well and I'll assume improvements will be had.
thats the weird part is i get a haircut every 3 weeks, and its a buzz cut basically.... also i drink plenty of water and don't eat crappy foods... i wash my hair every day so idk...i might end up having to see the Dermatologist, which sucks lol
Old 05-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
try not cutting your hair maybe?
Old 05-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #9
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Maybe the frequent buzz cuts are irritating it. A lot of military guys get that from the weekly haircuts/ daily shaving
Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
try not cutting your hair maybe?
i can't do that, i just can't bring myself to grow my hair out, looks like crap on me...my hair grows like a mullet, doesn't grow much on the sides but top and back grows very fast
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #11
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
You sure they aren't a bunch of hickeys? lol
Old 05-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #12
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
If the barber is using a #1 or #2 have them move to something a touch long. I use to get the #1 all around on the sides and back. I was having this issues to a much smaller degree, now I with a #2 and have no issues.

This is clipper length btw dbags.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
You sure they aren't a bunch of hickeys? lol
as much as i wish they were from some hot chick like kate upton.... they're not lol
Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #14

I've never thought of that. Good point. I cut hair now and again, this will be applied haha
Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #15

yeah, i didn't know that, ill tell the lady that does my hair...lol does my hair is funny to say because i get a buzz cut
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #16
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TACOFIREMAN View Post
youve got aids

Ha, I see that sign in your sig all the time, north bound lane I-65, between Montgomery and Birmingham.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
yeah, i didn't know that, ill tell the lady that does my hair...lol does my hair is funny to say because i get a buzz cut
You get a buzz cut AND you pay someone to do it?

Wow.

I paid $30 for a set of clippers and that was the last time I paid for a haircut.

Then in '06 I started shaving my head.
Fusion carts aren't cheap... but I'm transitioning to using my straight razor on my head as well as my face. Been using it on my face since last Thanksgiving, and I've shaved my head with it 5 or 6 times.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
You get a buzz cut AND you pay someone to do it?

Wow.

I paid $30 for a set of clippers and that was the last time I paid for a haircut.

Then in '06 I started shaving my head.
Fusion carts aren't cheap... but I'm transitioning to using my straight razor on my head as well as my face. Been using it on my face since last Thanksgiving, and I've shaved my head with it 5 or 6 times.
straight razor! i wish i could use one, but i know me being me id make myself look like the joker from batman..as in id cut.myself from clumsiness lol, not on purpose
Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Costco - Fusion Blades $39.00 for 20
That's why I'm moving away from the Fusion for the headshave.
Took me a few months to get comfortable enough with the straight on my face to consider attempting it on my head (can't see where the blade is when it's getting close to the ears).

Eventually, the Fusion will be used on my head the same way it is on my face... only in a last minute "gotta look good" situation where I need to bang out a full head and face shave in 5 minutes.

Attached Thumbnails
Skin Question-wackermwf.jpg  
Old 05-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomathunder View Post
straight razor! i wish i could use one, but i know me being me id make myself look like the joker from batman..as in id cut.myself from clumsiness lol, not on purpose
It's not bad at all.

I started with double edge and figured I'd stick with that.

Ya right... The DE habit lasted a grand total of 7 blades before I made the switch to the straight.

You're young and can still learn new shit... I'm pushing 50 so if I can learn straight shaving, anyone can.

Basic rules:
1 - As with a kitchen knife or shop tool, if you drop it, don't try to catch it. Even a $500 custom straight is cheaper than a trip to the ER if you don't have insurance.
2 - Wear shorts, or at least a towel (see above )
3 - No, zero, nada pressure (same applies to a double-edge)
4 - Hydration, hydration, hydration. WET skin and hair, and a nice, thick lather.

Here's a friend of mine shaving his head with a meat cleaver and a chisel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9g3VT3bRRU