Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Bike to Work Week

Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Bike to Work Week

It's currently Day 2 of Bike to Work week here at the City of Beaverton, and I thought I'd share my rides with everyone... All in all I expect to bike to work 3 days this week - Have to drive the truck to a woodshop class Wednesday and I've got a soccer game thursday night that I want to have SOME energy for, but I've rode in Monday and Tuesday so far.

Monday:

Ride to Downtown
Ride from Work

Tuesday:

Ride to Downtown
Ride from Work

Wednesday:

No ride today - Woodshop class tonight

Thursday:

No ride today either - got a soccer game I need some energy for
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #2
pistobro206 is on a distinguished road
Name: Albert
pistobro206's Tacoma Gallery
Doing my part

I did 17 miles yesterday.

So far I've got 10.5 miles in today.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would if I didn't work 31 miles away from home.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Hmmmm
TurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurboGT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Did you click my links?? I'm 25 miles by car and freeway... my ride home yesterday was 27.2, and that got me to the bottom of a 400+ ft climb over 2 miles or so with no energy left in me (so I grabbed a bus ride )

Something close to 45 miles each day so far.

Probably the wrong thing to say here too, but my butt hurts.... I think I need a new seat.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is why Southern California sucks.

I'd bike to work, but I don't have a working bike right now. I walk anyways, I work less than a mile from where I live.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Hmmmm

TurboGT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

I'd bike to work, but I don't have a working bike right now. I walk anyways, I work less than a mile from where I live.

What's wrong with it?? depending on what you need, I can fix it; if not, I've got a buddy on a race team that can fix it.

Links in first post being updated
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post

I can always move closer but the crappy So Cal rent of 1000 for a studio keeps me home.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGT View Post
What's wrong with it?? depending on what you need, I can fix it; if not, I've got a buddy on a race team that can fix it.

Links in first post being updated
I'll text you when I'm stateside later.

Quote:
I can always move closer but the crappy So Cal rent of 1000 for a studio keeps me home.

But think about how much you're paying for gas, wear and tear on your truck, and tire wear. I'm sure all that'll add up.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
Eagle Mapper is on a distinguished road

Eagle Mapper's Tacoma Gallery
Doing my part

I ride to work as much as I can but it is only 2 miles, so no great feat there. In Colorado we only have a bike to work day but that doesn't come around until the end of June. Heres to you everyone that bikes in to work
Old 05-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
I would really like to do this, but I too am 31 miles one way to work, all freeway. Would take too long and it's already reached 109 this year.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #11
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
I used to ride to work (only 3 miles), but now I'm too afraid. Once a month I read about cyclists killed in San Diego that usually did no wrong. It was an elderly driver who lost control, a distracted teen texting, a drunk driver. Etc. It's just not worth the risk. There is no amount of money that can bring back the dead or restore someone from paralysis.

I still cycle just on closed courses or very short trips around the neighborhood.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i have a stupid ocean between me and work. not to mention 38 miles of highway.

i would love to bike to work. i was offered a transfer to a different office that was closer..much closer. i could hit the office with a crappy golf ball. i bet i can pick up my home wireless. stupid extremes.

(i turned down the move..sick days would be a challenge to call in)