Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Does it work?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #41
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
stay away from coffee and monster. The studies I saw said the only way caffein was proven effective was taken without the drinks it was in in pill form. But since your body doesnt like it, stay away haha

Wrong... black coffee is actually good for you!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:03 PM   #42
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Still not a coffee drinker. On occasion I will, but just not my thang. I keep it simple I guess.

Btw, tried Mio today. Not bad. Not bad at all!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #43
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
Have we really got this far into a thread without the mention of hookers and blow? Wow.

Tips
Cut out processed foods, as mentioned snack on healthy foods(fruits,nuts,veggies), Drink plenty of water throughout the day, eat smaller portions and spread your meals out throughout the day, limit your sugar intake, instead of a soft drink have an oj, gatorade, etc, Breakfast is the most important meal, do not rob your body of essential vitamins, get into the habit of being concious of what you eat.

Want to lose weight? Go to the beach and see if any women check you out with your shirt off...if no then get to work fat ass.

Love ya man - no homo
Oddly enough back when I worked in the retail industry, a woman I worked with told me one of the best ways to burn calories was to have a ton of sex. I tested that theory And yes, it does halp.

I'm good at drinking water. I rarely drink soda. Typically I have water or gatorade only. I cut down massively on my beer consumption. I am guilty of skipping breakfast on a regular basis and that I have been changing. I focking love smoothies and am getitng in the habit of consuming those as often as possible. When I make my own, I use frozen fruit from Costco, milk, low fat yogurt, etc. and I have become conscious of wht I'm consuming lately.

I guess whether I lose weight or not, I just want to reduce my body fat content. Also my body has taken a beating over the years from being an athlete and also with my medical issues anyways. Seeing as how it runs in my blood I'm prone to heart problems and blood problems, I figured I need to get ontop of this again. I already have the lung problems, but that's from when I played hockey.

Love ya too man - yes/no homo
Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Get some breakfast in you meng. It jump starts your metabolism for the day. You're body has been fasting for those 6+ hrs you sleep so its starving for:

1. Water. Drink 2 cups once you wake up. Just have nalgene bottle full of water on your night stand before you go to bed so you have water right when you wake up

2. FOOD. Something like a 60/40 split protein carbs. You need something to fuel your starving muscles and a donut is not going to cut it simply b/c there is zero protein in it. I usually have a yogurt and banana for breakfast and that carries me over to brunch. A hard boiled egg and toast with jam would also be perfect. Or oatmeal with peanut butter on toast.

Hard boiled egg, banana, and yogurt would be the best on-the-go breakfast. You can prep 6 hard-boiled eggs on Sunday night and keep them in the fridge so you can grab the egg and yogurt on your way out.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 PM   #45
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Good ideas on the eggs. Definitely going to give that a go. Breakfast I think needs the biggest attention, and I'm going to mix in some smoothies with it. I'm pretty good about water consumption. WIth living in AZ, I constantly consume large amounts of water to prevent dehydration. I consumed 2 litres of water during my 4 miles hike this morning (switchback mountains) and then after it did up a smoothie as an after work-out deal.

I also have improved my sleep a lot. Even though it's late right now, I'm about to pass out. Getting about 7-9 hours lately. Used to get about 3-5 (not by choice)
Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #46
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
Smoothie as a post work out is great b/c its so fast digesting so you get all those recovery nutrients quickly to your muscles, but as a breakfast not so much...

The fact that it is so fast digesting is bad for breakfast it leaves you starving for more, but as long as you're monitoring your calorie intake and burn I think you'll be fine. Like, have it as a substitute, a snack, but not with a meal.

For example, one of my fav smoothies/shakes is the double chocolate chip from starbucks. That thing is 800+ calories and high in fat, and I would have that WITH a meal, so I'll easily push 1500+ calories in one meal. Bad.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #47
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
Smoothie as a post work out is great b/c its so fast digesting so you get all those recovery nutrients quickly to your muscles, but as a breakfast not so much...

The fact that it is so fast digesting is bad for breakfast it leaves you starving for more, but as long as you're monitoring your calorie intake and burn I think you'll be fine. Like, have it as a substitute, a snack, but not with a meal.

For example, one of my fav smoothies/shakes is the double chocolate chip from starbucks. That thing is 800+ calories and high in fat, and I would have that WITH a meal, so I'll easily push 1500+ calories in one meal. Bad.
Yeah I've been monitoring my calorie intake lately as well and I don't have it with a meal. And yeah, I either make my own or hit up Jamba Juice. I love berries, so it's usually consisting of those.

I've only been doing my hiking 3 days a week. I currently don't have gym acces and won't for another 3 months. Going to work on working in something for another 2 days so I'm active 5 days a week with exercise.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #48
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes your right, the same way plane cocoa is good for you . Unfortunately most don't drink it black they drink the Starbucks which is more sugar and cream then coffee lol plus he doesn't like it anyway
Old 05-17-2012, 11:13 PM   #49
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeTacoma View Post
Yes your right, the same way plane cocoa is good for you . Unfortunately most don't drink it black they drink the Starbucks which is more sugar and cream then coffee lol plus he doesn't like it anyway

Yeah I didn't even like coffee until I started with starbucks... then discovered flavored creamer and drank it at home in the mornings. Eventually got myself to just drink black coffee! Call me crazy but I'm at the point where that's the only way I like it
Old 05-18-2012, 05:01 AM   #50
CollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the roughCollegeTacoma is a jewel in the rough
Name: Taylor
CollegeTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I didn't even like coffee until I started with starbucks... then discovered flavored creamer and drank it at home in the mornings. Eventually got myself to just drink black coffee! Call me crazy but I'm at the point where that's the only way I like it
Haha that's the way you have to do it, just gradually get to that point. Now I'd just walk into a busy Starbucks and ask for Plain black lol you will get some looks