LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Is Lasik Worth it?

View Poll Results: Was Lasik surgery worth it?
Yes 58 92.06%
No 5 7.94%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #61
^ (ಠ_ಠ) ^
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i just had PRK done on both eyes last month, about 3 weeks ago..

due to a thin cornea, PRK was my best option due to the risks associated with LASIK

recovery has been a bitch..day 3 i was on pain killers all day, in bed hating life...then day 4 was better but still on pain killers all day to help with the discomfort..then every day since it's been a constant improvement..

now i'm just dealing with the dry eyes that even LASIK patients have to deal with for the months after surgery..

PRK results do not come in clearly until some time after (1-3 months) so i am still dealing with slightly blurry vision, but the vision is still not bad...last time i was at the dr's i could make out the letters at the 20/15 line, they were just blurry but i could make out what they were through the blur..
Old 10-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #62
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Best investment i ever made. Went from coke bottle blind to 1080p!
Old 10-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #63
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Best investment i ever made. Went from coke bottle blind to 1080p!
Haha! Well said.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #64
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Had Intralase (bladeless LASIK) about a month and a half ago. Was -3.75 in both eyes and now I'm 20/15 (better than 20/20) in both. Recovery was fast. Went very smoothly. Best advice is don't skimp on the surgeon/facility you choose. Look around and choose the most experienced/reputable in your area.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #65
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
Had Intralase (bladeless LASIK) about a month and a half ago. Was -3.75 in both eyes and now I'm 20/15 (better than 20/20) in both. Recovery was fast. Went very smoothly. Best advice is don't skimp on the surgeon/facility you choose. Look around and choose the most experienced/reputable in your area.
glad to hear more from someone that is worse than i am. im like -2.75 in both. i know my one brother was -5.something and did great.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #66
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
glad to hear more from someone that is worse than i am. im like -2.75 in both. i know my one brother was -5.something and did great.
They said my prescription was middle of the road for LASIK, so yours is definitely well within the bounds of LASIK success.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #67
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphex View Post
They said my prescription was middle of the road for LASIK, so yours is definitely well within the bounds of LASIK success.
yeah, i talked to my main eye doctor last week when i went in. and he said also its i would be good because my eyes have not really changed in 5+ years, stays right at -2.75 or -2.50 so i should have no problem having it done. only thing that may stop me is the thickness of my cornea.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #68
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
I'm waiting on the military to give me a surgery date for this...hopefully early January!

Products Discussed in this Thread