Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Moobs (and getting rid of them)

Old 07-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #21
dfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the sheddfrugia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Goose
dfrugia's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to lift more weights. Swap out fat pounds for muscle pounds. Stop drinking soda and eating out and hit the gym.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well shit everyone, I appreciate the views and advice! Thanks for not making me feel like a jackass. If I won't get trashed to bad, maybe I'll post a shot of the gut that I'm trying to get rid of.

7:30 shift tomorrow so I'm off.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
LRGRNR
Sandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSandman614 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sandman614's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up It all starts with YOU!

Here's as a confidence raiser. You're doing the right thing. This whole diet/make yourself look better starts with YOU. You are doing it for the right reason, because YOU want to. Your first steps may be small to some but we all gotta start somewhere!
I am 6'1" comfortable at 200ish (time of day varies weight about 10 lbs for me). I also was a chubby kid growing up, over the last few years people have told me I need to eat more because I am a stick. I have worked 3rd shift the last 2 years and my eating habits have been horrible, Fast Food (when I eat a meal), Sleep all day, Energy Drinks and Gatorade all night, chips, cookies, slim jims, any crap that was available at Walgreens.
I am proud to say that Today was the first time that I have eaten Fast Food in well over a month, I was picking up my truck on my lunch break. I'm not the type of person that goes to the gym, runs around the neighborhood, bikes, skates (anymore). I do like to swim, though I only get to do that occasionally and I would be caught dead before I swam laps.

Basically do what YOU feel is necessary, what YOU have time for, eventually you will get to a point you feel you need to be at.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #24
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I can't give up the 2 pops a day. Its like the one thing I still gotta have. And 2 a day is an incredible reduction from the amount I was drinking per day, sorry babytruck.

I can do without all the other junk.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #25
HossNFross Per "Oz"
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quaker, I do know your problem with moobs. I am actually in shape for the most part and I still have them. They are the HARDEST thing to get rid of on your body. Since the more you work your chest out the bigger they get. It is the last place fat will come off. The only advice I can give to make them look a bit better is incline bench press and decline push ups. It will make the top half of them look bigger to make it look better. I have been fighting them since I was at 6% body fat in HS during wrestling season.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #26
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
6'3" ~155lbs. i hate my moobs.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #27
ataylor04 is on a distinguished road

ataylor04's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations for taking the innitiative, Quaker! A lot of guys don't get tired of the gut and wear it with pride.
One suggestion that helped me with portion control was to think of my stomach as being about the size of my closed fist. When I started doing this, the weight started dropping off. Of course, exercise helps too, but that could be as simple as a family walk.
Good luck on your journey and keep us posted.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #28
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Here's as a confidence raiser. You're doing the right thing. This whole diet/make yourself look better starts with YOU. You are doing it for the right reason, because YOU want to. Your first steps may be small to some but we all gotta start somewhere!
I am 6'1" comfortable at 200ish (time of day varies weight about 10 lbs for me). I also was a chubby kid growing up, over the last few years people have told me I need to eat more because I am a stick. I have worked 3rd shift the last 2 years and my eating habits have been horrible, Fast Food (when I eat a meal), Sleep all day, Energy Drinks and Gatorade all night, chips, cookies, slim jims, any crap that was available at Walgreens.
I am proud to say that Today was the first time that I have eaten Fast Food in well over a month, I was picking up my truck on my lunch break. I'm not the type of person that goes to the gym, runs around the neighborhood, bikes, skates (anymore). I do like to swim, though I only get to do that occasionally and I would be caught dead before I swam laps.

Basically do what YOU feel is necessary, what YOU have time for, eventually you will get to a point you feel you need to be at.
Great post, inspired me too.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #29
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Diet soda too? Quaker I started that Nutrisystem diet 2 weeks ago and lost 6lbs so far. The structure is what I am after-I'll let you know how it works out if you want. I am 6'1" and was 250. I want to be 205 so similar to you. They base their system on the type of food plus sort of the ideas babytruck suggested. Way smaller portions than I was feeding myself, but more veggies added to fill back in and more eating points in a day (6 times a day). Increase the pushups according to how many you can increase them by, and use bars. Spread those bars out to past shoulder width which will develop upper chest and shoulders to fill out those areas making the moob area smaller.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #30
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You're def on the right track man! Once you cut out the junk food, it'll come right off like it has so far! Ever see supersize me? That dude eat McD's for 30 days and got a belly and moobs real quick. Have smaller meals with protein in it and eat more fruits and veggies and you'll be amazed at the results. Stick to bodyweight sets throughout the day......push ups, find something at work to hang on and crank out a few pull ups and something for the abs. Doesn't have to be a "workout" but small sets everyday and keep up the tire carries (that sounds like fun)!
It takes time, keep it up!
Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 AM   #31
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
You don't even sound like you need to lose much weight man. I'm almost 19, 6'1 and weight about 155. I feel like a twig.
Enjoy it while you can.
I graduated HS at 6'3", 135lbs.
I had a gut due to lack of muscle tone, but not huge.
Oh ya... I ate like a pig.
Breakfast was 6 eggs, a half package of bacon or sausage, 6 slices of toast with butter, and a full quart of Tang.

Dinner was a 1-pound "hamburger steak" can of green beans, and a large Russet potato.

By the time I hit 40, I was 225, blood pressure was through the roof, and I was wearing 36 waist jeans and wearing them low.

6 months later I was back down to 185 and wearing 32s, but my "comfortable" weight is around 200 and wearing 34s.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:25 AM   #32

Again, thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting this thread to take off like it did last night. Figured I'd post my little update and move on.

On the soda issue, I've been drinking diet coke/pepsi since I was a kid. Diet stuff was all we had around the house. To give you an idea, I would blaze through 2 cases a week usually, so reducing it down to 2 a day is very good for me.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #33
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck to you man. Your stakes in the wager should help to motivate you even more.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:46 AM   #34

I replied to Sandman's comments, but internet jacked up and didn't post them.

Great advice man. Couldn't agree more that it all begins with "You" (me). The first and biggest step is finding the motivation and sticking with it. Now that I've done a few weeks, I've realized its not super hard or anything, just have to not do what I was doing before.

Also with you on the gym/running stuff. That kind of stuff isin't my style.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #35

As long as I don't catch to much flak for it or make anyone loose a good lunch (god this so unlike me. I hate my gut, yet here I am posting it for the world to see) I'll show what I'm trying to get rid of.

I wouldn't say it looks that horrible up top, but then you can grab a good ol' handful of belly fat and wiggle it around. Moobs off to either side.

Fucking gross. I'm tired of looking at it. Go away!

I don't know if they classify body types or whatnot, but overall, I'm not real fat in other areas, it all just seems to collect in my gut. I don't have skin/fat hanging from arms, I don't have a "pudgy" face" I don't have rolling thighs, just an ugly gut.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
Good luck to you man. Your stakes in the wager should help to motivate you even more.
Gotta keep it fun!
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #37
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Gotta keep it fun!
You got that right!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:29 AM   #38
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
OMG that's nothing. I thought you were bigger than that!! You look like ME!! haha. You are doing fine!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck on your journey to eating & feeling better!

I know when I retired from the service & my knee injuries really got me a little heavier than ever in my life.
Finally was able to turn it around.
It is never too late to make the change, attitude is everything

I like your idea of competition to keep it interesting with your wife
Whatever makes it happen lol

One of my friends he is in the best shape even as a senior told me he followed this eating regime his entire life...

Breakfast like a King
Lunch like a Prince
Dinner like a Peasant
Exercise
Lots of water

Also your little changes will go a long way to making it a lifestyle change.
The soda is your treat right now
You may change your mind down the road.
It is only today we have make it count!

Thanks for the inspirational motivation in the thread Quaker!!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #40
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
OMG that's nothing. I thought you were bigger than that!! You look like ME!! haha. You are doing fine!
That's the thing-he doesn't want to look like you-cuz you're a GIRL