Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Persistent fever

Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #1
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mylene
09_tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Persistent fever

Well I started getting a common cold last Wednesday (9 days ago), and have had a steady fever that I haven't been able to shake ever since. I take lukewarm showers day and night to try and cool my body temperature and I'm taking Tylenol cold tablets. (Tried DayQuil and NyQuil also). I'm not able to go to a drugstore because of where I am for work.

Anybody have any suggestions on how I can make this fever break?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Have you seen a doctor?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Forever at a crossroads
09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed09_tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Have you seen a doctor?
I've seen the on site "doctor's aid". He's the one that gave me the Tylenol.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
Hey,

It may not be a common cold it may be an infection of some type, common colds usually run thier course in 7-10 days. Perhaps check this out since we don't know what you have available. http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...for-fevers.htm

Cypher
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
Hey,

It may not be a common cold it may be an infection of some type, common colds usually run thier course in 7-10 days. Perhaps check this out since we don't know what you have available. http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...for-fevers.htm

Cypher

Thanks for the link. I had read that article a while back. I don't have access to much. Cold water... tylenor and cough medicine.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09_tacoma View Post
I've seen the on site "doctor's aid". He's the one that gave me the Tylenol.
I meant a real doctor.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
temp means infection. Your body is trying to kill something with heat. You need to go to a doc and get a scrip for antibiotics.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
MTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdMTL Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

MTL Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
temp means infection. Your body is trying to kill something with heat. You need to go to a doc and get a scrip for antibiotics.
What he said...Bonne chance!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #9
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Go to a real doctor. A Tacoma forum is not the cure.

Quote:
If you've had a fever for more than three days, however, get checked by your doctor. Persistent fever can signal a hidden infection, which could be anything from a urinary tract infection to tuberculosis. In some cases, cancerous (malignant) conditions — such as lymphomas — cause prolonged or persistent fevers, as can some medications.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
I meant a real doctor.
No I haven't and I don't have access to a real one either. I work in a remote location, closest doctor is 180 miles away.

The earliest I can get to see one is on the 16th...
Old 07-06-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
Forget about any nyquil or other stuff that shuts your systems down, including your immune system. There is no cure for the common cold.

You need vitamins C and D (read for dosage amounts), LOTS of water, I mean more than 64oz's per day at least, and 1000MG of tylenol every 4 hours.
Thats how I normally get rid of fevers and flu type symptoms.

And I agree with the getting to the doctor part.
9 days is too long.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
Go to a real doctor. A Tacoma forum is not the cure.

Nice edit...

Again, I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ONE

How about you take your useless "know it all" arrogance elsewhere? Maybe someone has legitimate suggestions considering this is the "health" category...
Old 07-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #13
Forever at a crossroads

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealScuba View Post
Forget about any nyquil or other stuff that shuts your systems down, including your immune system. There is no cure for the common cold.

You need vitamins C and D (read for dosage amounts), LOTS of water, I mean more than 64oz's per day at least, and 1000MG of tylenol every 4 hours.
Thats how I normally get rid of fevers and flu type symptoms.

And I agree with the getting to the doctor part.
9 days is too long.

I'm on orange juice overload, drinking tons of water and taking tylenol every 4 hours (when I'm awake).
Old 07-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice edit...

How about you take your useless "know it all" arrogance elsewhere? Maybe someone has legitimate suggestions considering this is the "health" category...
You see arrogance, and I see ignorance. We can both make observations.

You didn't mention in your first post that you are unable to see a doctor.

I would do everything possible to see a doctor if I had a fever for over a week. Using common sense isn't trying to convey that I "know it all".

Persistent fevers and fevers of unknown origin are no joke.

Good luck with your fever.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #15
jrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrzyshore is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Scott
jrzyshore's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
X2 sounds like some kind of infection.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #16
Banned
Quote:
Nice edit...

Chick! Calm the F down. You are sick and you need to see a real doc. 180 miles? Better start off now because when you are sick you are sick and you need to seek help.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Chick. Calm the F down. You are sick and you need to see a real doc. 180 miles? Better start off now because when you are sick you are sick and you need to seek help.
FIFY

Whip it's a chick
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1youluv2hate View Post
FIFY

Whip it's a chick
Fixed it.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
we are not doctors and you should seek medical advice from a professional, you need some antibiotics
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
Might be tree pollen / plant allergy. Often such can run for several weeks, feels like a flu and does not have to have sneeze.