Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Old 07-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #22
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
don't need the truck!
Apparently they genetically modified watermelons that grew faster on the inside than the rind could expand. they were blowing apart in the fields, and the people trying to harvest them had to wear safety glasses. these things were literally exploding while just laying there.
May I interest you in a watermelon?

You guy can also go the...uh.....Vegetarian route

Sammich Anyone?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
lavarider is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
lavarider's Tacoma Gallery
thur da roof I swim 3/4 mile and walk 2 1//2 miles 7 days a week ! for protein sprouts ! look into ann wigmore books ! I had high blood presser pre diabetes after 1 1/2months went to my doc she had to look at my blood work chart 2 times shaking her head and said i was free of all of these things !!! I surf freedive spearfish fish I have my life back i feel 20yr younger "eat raw foods "
Old 07-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #24
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
subdddddddddddd
Old 07-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #25
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
not too up on this, but from what i'm hearing, maby even the "HEALTHY" foods aren't too good anymore.
Seems that everything is being altered and the nutrients just aren't as they should be.
take for instance the exploding watermelons. Don't know if you heard about that, but something sure ain't right!
still better though, than eating twinkies, and stopping at a fast food franchise everyday for lunch.
Thats a whole other movie! Watch Food, Inc. if you wanna see why the healthy foods are shit now.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:43 AM   #26
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
as humans we fuck up EVERYTHING we touch it seems.....u cant win, but I think maybe I can fool myself into feeling better atleast, and still lose weight

If I explode via watermelon, you sir have first dibs on my truck
If you explode via watermelon, can I has the Lightforces?
Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 AM   #27
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Beans make me explode, but not in the fields............
Old 07-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #28
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I think juicing is good as a supplement to a daily balanced diet. The problem with most weight loss diets is as soon as a person loses the weight or reach their target goal they tend to fall back into their same eating habits because they don't learn what a balanced diet is. A healthy balanced diet is a lifestyle change. It is not something you can turn on and off.

I want to get a juicer to supplement my daily diet for better balance of my food intake.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #29
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I started adding a juice each day to what I normaly eat. I dont need to lose weight, I just wanted to add some nutrients from the fruit and veggies.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Loves Tacos
JoePoulson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoePoulson's Tacoma Gallery
This documentary was the one that finally motivated me to get fit. I watched it last September, and I quickly bought an Omega 8006 juicer. Since then, I've lost 50 lbs and am in such better shape. I juice once a day, and each a much, much healthier diet. I lift 5-6 times a week, and run/bike as often as I can.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How do the juices taste? I'm seeing a lot with veggies like celery, carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Just seems like a lot of these would taste like ass.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #32
northernco is on a distinguished road
northernco's Tacoma Gallery
I did a 10 day juice fast and while it was hard as hell, I lost 20 lbs and felt freakin wonderful after. And I'm a red meat, potatoes and beer lover

Takes some SERIOUS discipline not to cheat the fast. Try a week and evaluate. Remember - do 80% GREEN veggies.

Oh and they taste horrible too:-)
Old 07-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #33
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
I did the first 4 days of the master cleanse, and fuck all that noise.

I do juice on occasion for dinner. The juicing isn't bad at all.

Cheaper than buying Naked juice, that's for sure.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #34
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernco View Post
I did a 10 day juice fast and while it was hard as hell, I lost 20 lbs and felt freakin wonderful after. And I'm a red meat, potatoes and beer lover

Takes some SERIOUS discipline not to cheat the fast. Try a week and evaluate. Remember - do 80% GREEN veggies.

Oh and they taste horrible too:-)
Did you go back to a healthier diet and keep the weight off?
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDrew View Post
Did you go back to a healthier diet and keep the weight off?
I did for awhile. Started back traveling a lot for work and it went down the tube. Still under where I started, however, I should probably do it again and get back on track. More than anything I wanted to see if I could do it.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #37
Loves Tacos
JoePoulson is on a distinguished road

Name: Joe
JoePoulson's Tacoma Gallery
The "Mean Green" juice is definitely an acquired taste, but fortunately, I can eat anything, so it's delicious to me. My woman doesn't like it, nor anyone else I give a sample to. There are a lot of recipes out there, though, so there's something out there for everyone. Just be careful not to overdo the fruits...as northernco said above, 80% green veggies (Kale is my green veggie of choice).
Old 07-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #38
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How do the juices taste? I'm seeing a lot with veggies like celery, carrots, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Just seems like a lot of these would taste like ass.
Apples and carrots will sweeten it up. Most of the time you could put almost anything in and it will taste good. I do an apple, carrot, kale, spinach, celery and cucumber.......that's 5 veggies and a fruit and couldn't possibly eat all that lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I did the first 4 days of the master cleanse, and fuck all that noise.

I do juice on occasion for dinner. The juicing isn't bad at all.

Cheaper than buying Naked juice, that's for sure.
LOL....i remeber that crap master cleanse! Nasty and was prob just a hoax. Juice fasting is the way to go!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #39

TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
What did you guys who did the fast do about work? I am going to attempt a 5 day fast (maybe 10 days if I can do it) starting Monday. I have to work Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Did you bring the juicer along with you or did you just make up enough to take to work and refridgerate it. I can imagine that shit will keep well.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #40
TNDrew- juicing is a pain to do and cleanup after. So, your work question. Without a doubt you'll wanna make all your juices in one shot in the morning at home! Bringing a juicer to work would be a huge pain. Make them all, store them in a small cooler and keep the cooler with you at work.

There's a good bit of cleanup after juicing so only do that part once a day.