Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Old 07-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #41
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by northernco View Post
TNDrew- juicing is a pain to do and cleanup after. So, your work question. Without a doubt you'll wanna make all your juices in one shot in the morning at home! Bringing a juicer to work would be a huge pain. Make them all, store them in a small cooler and keep the cooler with you at work.

There's a good bit of cleanup after juicing so only do that part once a day.
... ^^^ ... I agree ... that is why I bought a "Vitamix" and I grind everything to a liquid ...
Old 07-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #42
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
I used to juice ... but now do all my drinks in a "Vitamix" and like the drinks much better and the added fiber, skins & etc.

Bought the "Vitamix" at COSTCO 2 years ago and love it. And I feel a lot better.

Never ... "fasted" ... just use the Vitamix to make simple drinks and eat less and get more natural vitamins and minerals.
I bought a juicer several years ago and then took it back... it took all the skins/pulp out I wanted the fiber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatswain View Post
don't need the truck!
Apparently they genetically modified watermelons that grew faster on the inside than the rind could expand. they were blowing apart in the fields, and the people trying to harvest them had to wear safety glasses. these things were literally exploding while just laying there.
don't imagine very many would make it to the market that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
... ^^^ ... I agree ... that is why I bought a "Vitamix" and I grind everything to a liquid ...
Hmmmmm might have to look into one of them....
Old 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #43
JayhawkRN is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
JayhawkRN's Tacoma Gallery
I tried to do the 3 day cleanse and I failed miserably. I just couldn't stand the taste of any recipe I made.
I did enjoy the documentary though.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #44
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't do the juicing thing... I have cleaned up how I eat though. I bring lots of fruits, berries and veggies for lunch and breakfast and usually find myself craving red meat by dinner. I cut coffee out of my daily routine (in doing so I cut out a LOT of sugar and that fatty creamer I was using also). I'm drinking a lot of tea to bridge the gap and find myself drinking a lot more water.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #45
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Couldn't do the juicing thing... I have cleaned up how I eat though. I bring lots of fruits, berries and veggies for lunch and breakfast and usually find myself craving red meat by dinner. I cut coffee out of my daily routine (in doing so I cut out a LOT of sugar and that fatty creamer I was using also). I'm drinking a lot of tea to bridge the gap and find myself drinking a lot more water.
im not a fan of veggie juice so I mostly just do fruits and will throw in a few pieces of celery or carrots.
for a delicious juice throw in
1 apple
1 peach (pitted)
handfull of grapes
4-6 strawberries
two celery stalks
1 carrot

I will also add in a few slices of cucumber if we have them at the house but I HATE cucumber. Tastes like hand lotion to me...

I recently remodeled our kitchen so I was unable to make any juice for about a week and I ended up craving it! haha
Old 08-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #46
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Just watched the movie and it was pretty good....I may do this for 10 days! I've had a juicer for years and the wife and I usually juice a few times a week before cooking dinner. Will prob start it on a weekend so I'm a couple days in before going back to work though, LOL!

So who's doing it right now?
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #47
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if you are wanting to eat "clean" and not have to juice, just look into "clean eating".

Me and my wife have been into this for a few months now. Between this and working out she has lost 18lbs. granded she was only around 125lbs to start with...haha

http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/
Old 08-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #48
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, my wife does the eat clean thing too! Juiced this AM (kale, spinach, beets, carrots, apple) and man oh man am I cleaned out! LOL

Had a great workout and then had a protein shake. Prob will just keep juicing once a day for the vities!
Old 09-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #49
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I just watched this yesterday, I thought it was pretty good. My wife and I are gonna try it in a week or so. She wants to drop 20lbs, me just 10 but she wants to try it after this doc so Ill do it with her. My biggest problem is beer and cookies. Ill crush a whole box of chocolate chip (only if their chewy) in one sitting.

Anyway, I think it's important what you put in your body. Anyone that has a dog knows how shit food affects their health, so why not on humans. Oh and I live in CO now and there is a beef feedlot about 30miles away. If you see one of those you will never eat cornfed beef again. Whole foods for me now on.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
I just watched this yesterday, I thought it was pretty good. My wife and I are gonna try it in a week or so. She wants to drop 20lbs, me just 10 but she wants to try it after this doc so Ill do it with her. My biggest problem is beer and cookies. Ill crush a whole box of chocolate chip (only if their chewy) in one sitting.

Anyway, I think it's important what you put in your body. Anyone that has a dog knows how shit food affects their health, so why not on humans. Oh and I live in CO now and there is a beef feedlot about 30miles away. If you see one of those you will never eat cornfed beef again. Whole foods for me now on.

To me the "juice" diet only seems like a good idea if you want to detox and then start a new healthy "lifestlye". And I say lifestyle because thats what it really is, its not a "diet" when it becomes the norm.

If you're serious about wanting to get healthy then look into "clean eating".

Here is a good place to start.

you can also just google "clean eating" or "clean recipes".
Your grocery store trips should pretty much only consist of the outside isles.

Beer is okay every now and then but in reality it will not help you out if you are trying to lose weight. Its all sugar and carbs, unburnt sugar and carbs = fat.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #51
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
To me the "juice" diet only seems like a good idea if you want to detox and then start a new healthy "lifestlye". And I say lifestyle because thats what it really is, its not a "diet" when it becomes the norm.

If you're serious about wanting to get healthy then look into "clean eating".

Here is a good place to start.

you can also just google "clean eating" or "clean recipes".
Your grocery store trips should pretty much only consist of the outside isles.

Beer is okay every now and then but in reality it will not help you out if you are trying to lose weight. Its all sugar and carbs, unburnt sugar and carbs = fat.
Yeah I eat healthy about 80% of the time. Its just cookies and beer that get me. But im not really fat, just not "cut" My goal is to drop to the low/mid 150's. Im 5'6" 163 now. About a month after being married I just put on about 8lbs and cant get them off, but my beer intake also dramaticaly increased after getting married. Coincidence?

We have a Sprouts grocery store. Its like a trader joes I guess. But it doesnt concist of 8 isles of chips and cereal normal grocery stores do. Just fruit, meat, fish, veggies..Just a few snacks.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #53
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quite a few people I work with got into juicing after watching it, 1 to lose weight, one to lose weight/detox. I just started eating more veggies...
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Yeah I eat healthy about 80% of the time. Its just cookies and beer that get me. But im not really fat, just not "cut" My goal is to drop to the low/mid 150's. Im 5'6" 163 now. About a month after being married I just put on about 8lbs and cant get them off, but my beer intake also dramaticaly increased after getting married. Coincidence?

We have a Sprouts grocery store. Its like a trader joes I guess. But it doesnt concist of 8 isles of chips and cereal normal grocery stores do. Just fruit, meat, fish, veggies..Just a few snacks.

I wish we had a store like that. We have a united market street that has lots of organics and a decent selection but they also have lots of crap.

I'm 5'11" @ 143 lbs and I am trying to put on a little bit of lean muscle weight. Im with you on the 80% eating healthy. I have a few unhealthy things I eat but Im a lot better than I was and Im still trying to improve.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #55

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
I finished the doc last night btw....Phil was def motivating. If that guy can drop that weight in his condition, anybody can.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #56

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I've been sticking with organic free range meat/produce as much as I can for the last couple of years or so.....youtube "meet your meat" and you'll never touch factory farmed animals again! It's all money driven and industries make billions of dollars off sick people, it's a vicious cycle and prob the worst "conspiracy" of our time.....sorry for the rant!

Juicing allows me to eat 5-10 fruits/veggies easily!
Old 09-11-2012, 08:36 PM   #57
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
For the guys who are contemplating juicing I would recommend easing into it vs. a "juice fast" Rather than just diving in to what is really the unknown and risking what is for many going to be total failure, start out easy by simply having a home made smoothie or juice for breakfast. Experiment a little, start out with fruits, then start adding some greens and see how it all works out for you. Do that for a couple weeks, make it a habit. Slowly start replacing some of the processed food and desserts with fruits and veggies. Basically clean up your diet first and get used to eating fruits and veggies then if you want to try a juice fast try it for maybe 2 days see how it goes.

These fads and all or nothing diets simply are a waste of time money and effort in the long run. You can be successful by being smart. Of course if your plan is do a juice fast for 10 days as some self torture then reward yourself with a 12 pack and a large pizza when your done have at it.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #58

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
For the guys who are contemplating juicing I would recommend easing into it vs. a "juice fast" Rather than just diving in to what is really the unknown and risking what is for many going to be total failure, start out easy by simply having a home made smoothie or juice for breakfast. Experiment a little, start out with fruits, then start adding some greens and see how it all works out for you. Do that for a couple weeks, make it a habit. Slowly start replacing some of the processed food and desserts with fruits and veggies. Basically clean up your diet first and get used to eating fruits and veggies then if you want to try a juice fast try it for maybe 2 days see how it goes.

These fads and all or nothing diets simply are a waste of time money and effort in the long run. You can be successful by being smart. Of course if your plan is do a juice fast for 10 days as some self torture then reward yourself with a 12 pack and a large pizza when your done have at it.
Watch the movie man.....there's no point in fasting for 10 days and then having pizza and beer, that's not what it's about!

You're body knows those pure ingredients and doesn't have to digest the nutrients so it will never hurt your body. There's multiple reasons for juicing, some want the nutrients and juice as a supplement (myself included) and others may need full detox and should also be monitored by a Dr if you're in the type of shape that guy was.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:55 PM   #59
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Watch the movie man.....there's no point in fasting for 10 days and then having pizza and beer, that's not what it's about!

You're body knows those pure ingredients and doesn't have to digest the nutrients so it will never hurt your body. There's multiple reasons for juicing, some want the nutrients and juice as a supplement (myself included) and others may need full detox and should also be monitored by a Dr if you're in the type of shape that guy was.
I know that. Did you read what I wrote? I am not advocating that, nor am I advocating a 10 day juice fast for someone who eats mcdonalds everyday now. There is no point in either.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #60

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
I know that. Did you read what I wrote? I am not advocating that, nor am I advocating a 10 day juice fast for someone who eats mcdonalds everyday now. There is no point in either.
I hear you man but think it's fine to do a 10+ day juice fast and then slowly add back in the "right" foods if you REALLY need it like the guys in the movie! Hell, all of us truly would benefit from that but I deff hear where you're coming from and actually do that!