1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Discussion in 'Health' started by TNDrew, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Jul 9, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Have any of yall ever watched this and started juicing after? I watched it but I dont think I could do a juice fast. Awesome movie though. That guy is a motivated man.

2. Jul 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Juice? As in steroids? I've never seen that movie or whatever it is.

3. Jul 10, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    TNDrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Haha. No, not steriods. Its a documentary about a guy that goes on a 60 day juice fast.

4. Jul 10, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Like uses an electric juicer?

5. Jul 10, 2012 at 12:28 AM
    Anteupp

Anteupp Mega Member

Member:
    precisely

6. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM
    lavarider

lavarider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Camp & Spearfish & Fish Buggy
    The build has started,full Allpro skids, BAMF diff & lca skid & sliders,allpro apex front bumper u-bolt flip , expo springs .Fox coilovers res shocks all around CBI rear bumper with hilift and spare holder no swaybar, Piaa lights Definded ENG. shackles and rear crossmember,Diff breather mod.CB.rocklights. All work done by me !!
    yes and have been juicing for 6 months lost 40 lb feel great if you want to live a life in good health try it for 2 weeks it will change your body and the way you feel its the way to long life! but the first week is a bitch but if you get throught it welcome to the new world ! pm if you need help
    aloha

7. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:31 AM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
    Doing a juice fast is fine. Going back to eating fat saturated foods and not doing any strenuous physical activity after it is a waste of time.

8. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
  9. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:12 AM
    TNDrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver

I am in the process of training for a marathon, what is your energy level like while your fasting ( after the first week of course). I really would like to try this. The movie is really inspirational.

10. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Well, you know what they say; eat well, get plenty of rest, excercise....die anyway. Eat up. [​IMG]

11. Jul 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    How are you supposed to get protein? Sure the guy lost 80 lbs but how much of that was muscle mass?

12. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Subbed... I need a better diet so I might start asking you all for suggestions once I look into the basics of this.

13. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:46 PM
    Grundletaint

Grundletaint Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 crewmax tundra 4x4
    Debadged, derped, weathertech visors, antennax, tinted, need more money
    That blob probably didn't have much muscle mass to lose!

14. Jul 10, 2012 at 2:51 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    I used to juice ... but now do all my drinks in a "Vitamix" and like the drinks much better and the added fiber, skins & etc.

Bought the "Vitamix" at COSTCO 2 years ago and love it. And I feel a lot better.

Never ... "fasted" ... just use the Vitamix to make simple drinks and eat less and get more natural vitamins and minerals.

15. Jul 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Juice fasting should be a temporary thing......it's to help cleanse your body of toxins. Long term use and you'll waste away as your body NEEDS protein and fat and can live without carbs but not the other way around.

I juice a few times a week before dinner and love it. Good way to get a crap ton of veggies/fruits in.

16. Jul 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Great... rental food. By those standards, I'm going to start eating crappy, fake Mexican food every day. :rolleyes:

17. Jul 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    TNDrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    This guy did it for 60 days, it is only recommended for 10 days, and was checked by a doctor every 5-10 days. He was getting a some protein (probably not near the suggested intake, 40-70 grams) from the shit ton of kale he was drinking. Each shake had a good bit of kale and per serving size it has around 2 grams of protein.

18. Jul 10, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    Do it every day first thing in the am. You would be surprised how much clearer your thinking is, you focus is, at least it is for me. :D Seriously though, I watched the movie, went out the next day and bought a juicer and that has been about six months. It is a great way to get a lot of fruit and veggie intake in a day. In the am I have two small apples, an orange, carrots, celery sticks, a pear a peach, at least this morning I did. I really do feel a lot better when I juice too. I went up to friends house for a week without my juicer, and noticed a big difference without the juice, I was really sluggish and felt "tired" if you will.

19. Jul 10, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    not too up on this, but from what i'm hearing, maby even the "HEALTHY" foods aren't too good anymore.
    Seems that everything is being altered and the nutrients just aren't as they should be.
    take for instance the exploding watermelons. Don't know if you heard about that, but something sure ain't right!
    still better though, than eating twinkies, and stopping at a fast food franchise everyday for lunch.

20. Jul 10, 2012 at 7:56 PM
    boatswain

boatswain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    carl
    palmerton,PA.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Sport access cab, magnetic grey metallic.
    :rofl:don't need the truck!
    Apparently they genetically modified watermelons that grew faster on the inside than the rind could expand. they were blowing apart in the fields, and the people trying to harvest them had to wear safety glasses. these things were literally exploding while just laying there.

Products Discussed in

To Top