Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

When you just don't feel right...go to the Dr.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:49 AM   #101
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
FSC -- glad you feel better. I hope the cardiologist can give you some better answers. Still in my prayers.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #104
HOT!!
hillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
hillbillytaco's Tacoma Gallery
damn foxy i hope all is going well
Old 03-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #105
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
x3!
Prayers your way FSC!
Old 03-28-2009, 06:51 AM   #106
www.BeLikeBrit.org
fletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shedfletch aka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
fletch aka's Tacoma Gallery
I read the beginning page and than skipped to see how you were doing at the end. I'm 53 and started having heart problems 20 years ago. I had been mountain biking and running for about three or four years and was training for the LA marathon. I had noticed that occasionally I had an irregular heart beat but never really thought about it, till I passed out twice. I went through four cardiologist before I found the one that figured it out. My first doctor noticed that I had an enlarged heart, not good but thought it could be from all the years of running 25 to 50 miles a week. He put me on some meds but they never really did anything, I still had the irregular heart beats, now all the time. I did echo's, EKG, the holter and exercise stress test, stress test was fun, doctor said i was the first person to go to the end. Anyway, that doctor sent me to a doctor in LA who put me on meds I stayed on for a number of years, all while having the same irregular beats. My doctor retired, I continued with another doctor that said you seem to be doing fine with the irregular beats, stay with the meds. Finally this doctor retired and my Dentist recommended the doctor I am going to now. When my wife and I first went to see him in his office, he listened to my heart, took an echo and EKG and told me to come back in a week. When Sue and I went back he told us that I have an enlarged heart and have a very real chance of sudden death. That was one long drive home. He put me on five different meds, toprol, lotensin, lasix, lipitor and lanoxin. My heart started beating like a fine swiss watch. Buy this time my running career was long over, blew up a knee and an ankle and the thought of dropping dead on the side of the road like Jim Fixx took the fun out of it. Over the years on this same cocktail of meds, my heart has shrunk to what is considered "normal" in size and I had an ECG, (wire through the groin up into the heart) that when the test came back, my doctor read it and commented that if he did not know my history he never would have known I had any heart problems. I still go twice a year for checkups, he has started to reduce the meds but is not quite ready to take me off them. My last check up he said my echo and EKG is actually quite boring. Moral to the story, don't be afraid to get second, third or fourth opinions, my doctor told me on my second visit I could drop dead at any time, the first three doctors ten years prior never said a word about it. If you have any feeling that you are not receiving the treatment or attention you need, please go see another doctor. You will be in my prayers.
Gary
Old 03-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #107
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
I've been waiting to hear! Thank you for the update!
I would go with fletch on this one. I've had doctors pull the "I don't know why this is happening but I'm sure there's nothing wrong" crap. (Exactly how is losing one's vision in one eye, and then the other, along with numbness off and on over years normal?) Keep going until you get a doc that actually has a solid explaination. Still, I am glad that you are feeling so much better!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #108
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the update! !! Remember to Never, Never, Ever give up! ! ! !!