1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

When you just don't feel right...go to the Dr.

Discussion in 'Health' started by FoxySandChick, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Mar 28, 2009 at 5:49 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    FSC -- glad you feel better. I hope the cardiologist can give you some better answers. Still in my prayers.

2. Mar 28, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the update......praying for some answers to your concerns still.:)

3. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
  4. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    hillbillytaco

hillbillytaco HOT!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    westbyGodvirginia
    Vehicle:
    06 impulse red trd off road dc v6 6spd
    damn foxy i hope all is going well

5. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:12 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    x3!
    Prayers your way FSC!

6. Mar 28, 2009 at 6:51 AM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I read the beginning page and than skipped to see how you were doing at the end. I'm 53 and started having heart problems 20 years ago. I had been mountain biking and running for about three or four years and was training for the LA marathon. I had noticed that occasionally I had an irregular heart beat but never really thought about it, till I passed out twice. I went through four cardiologist before I found the one that figured it out. My first doctor noticed that I had an enlarged heart, not good but thought it could be from all the years of running 25 to 50 miles a week. He put me on some meds but they never really did anything, I still had the irregular heart beats, now all the time. I did echo's, EKG, the holter and exercise stress test, stress test was fun, doctor said i was the first person to go to the end. Anyway, that doctor sent me to a doctor in LA who put me on meds I stayed on for a number of years, all while having the same irregular beats. My doctor retired, I continued with another doctor that said you seem to be doing fine with the irregular beats, stay with the meds. Finally this doctor retired and my Dentist recommended the doctor I am going to now. When my wife and I first went to see him in his office, he listened to my heart, took an echo and EKG and told me to come back in a week. When Sue and I went back he told us that I have an enlarged heart and have a very real chance of sudden death. That was one long drive home. He put me on five different meds, toprol, lotensin, lasix, lipitor and lanoxin. My heart started beating like a fine swiss watch. Buy this time my running career was long over, blew up a knee and an ankle and the thought of dropping dead on the side of the road like Jim Fixx took the fun out of it. Over the years on this same cocktail of meds, my heart has shrunk to what is considered "normal" in size and I had an ECG, (wire through the groin up into the heart) that when the test came back, my doctor read it and commented that if he did not know my history he never would have known I had any heart problems. I still go twice a year for checkups, he has started to reduce the meds but is not quite ready to take me off them. My last check up he said my echo and EKG is actually quite boring. Moral to the story, don't be afraid to get second, third or fourth opinions, my doctor told me on my second visit I could drop dead at any time, the first three doctors ten years prior never said a word about it. If you have any feeling that you are not receiving the treatment or attention you need, please go see another doctor. You will be in my prayers.
    Gary:pray:

7. Mar 28, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    I've been waiting to hear! Thank you for the update!
    I would go with fletch on this one. I've had doctors pull the "I don't know why this is happening but I'm sure there's nothing wrong" crap. (Exactly how is losing one's vision in one eye, and then the other, along with numbness off and on over years normal?) Keep going until you get a doc that actually has a solid explaination. Still, I am glad that you are feeling so much better!

8. Mar 28, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    Don G

Don G Old Goat

Member:
    Southern Tier New York
    Vehicle:
    "08" Tacoma Access Cab TRD Sport 4X4
    Thanks for the update! !! Remember to Never, Never, Ever give up! ! ! !!:)

Products Discussed in

To Top