Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Pain med question

Old 07-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Pain med question

I have to have some teeth pulled, and the oral surgeon gave me valium, amoxicillan, percocet 5/325, and phenergan. The doctor said that I should fill them all, but its optional about the pheneran. I guess it gets rid of the throwup feeling from the percocet, but im debating whether to fill it or not.
Has anyone ever used percocet/oxycodone and think its necessary to fill the Phenergan?
Old 07-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #2
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
ive never had a problem with the sickness. but everyone is different
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
EODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTech08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD Tech
Name: Jacob
EODTech08's Tacoma Gallery
I've never gotten nausea from Percocet or any other pain meds for that matter. I know a couple people that have though. I'd say go ahead and fill it just in case it makes you sick. Unless you already know you have a strong stomach.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
I was on percoset, never felt the nausea so I didn't need anything for it. But doc said to come back if I did (probably to give a sickness med if I needed it).
Old 07-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Never had an issue with percocet but I usually half or quarter the pills (I hate taking pain meds).
Old 07-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #6
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people can't handle the recommended dosage of certain pain pills and when ingested it can leave you really light headed and make you feel like the slightest movement and you'll puke. If that happens, just lay down and nap and reduce the dosage next time. And don't take them on an empty stomach
Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
you should be fine, percocet rarely causes nausea, you may want the phenergan if you wanna get some sleep, it is sedating and will help you get some rest, no more than the percocet but better than the valium. I dont quite know why they gave you valium, its more for anxiety, dizziness, or muscle spasms, but hey if thats what the Dr wants.

oh i just re read the post. you havent had them pulled yet. he probably wants you to take the Valium and Phenergan before you go in for your visit to help calm you and keep the nausea from the sedation down. i hope that helps
Old 07-24-2012, 07:22 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudge151 View Post
you should be fine, percocet rarely causes nausea, you may want the phenergan if you wanna get some sleep, it is sedating and will help you get some rest, no more than the percocet but better than the valium. I dont quite know why they gave you valium, its more for anxiety, dizziness, or muscle spasms, but hey if thats what the Dr wants.

oh i just re read the post. you havent had them pulled yet. he probably wants you to take the Valium and Phenergan before you go in for your visit to help calm you and keep the nausea from the sedation down. i hope that helps
That's what I did. The Doc had me take a valium the morning of my surgery (I was awake when they took out my wisdom teeth). He could have cut my tongue out, I wouldn't have cared. I was pretty zoned out.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
I had three wisdom teeth taken out way back, but the fourth just appeared, plus i need my second molars out. He said take the valium 30 minutes before...
Old 07-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, your surgeon loaded you up... My wife was given 600mg Ibuprofen when she had her wisdoms pulled.