Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Wisdom Teeth

Old 08-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #21
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
I had 6 removed, 4 on the bottom and 2 on top. They had to leave open holes on the bottom that I had to irrigate with a plastic syringe. Not fun at all.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #22
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMKYTXN View Post
I had 6 removed, 4 on the bottom and 2 on top. They had to leave open holes on the bottom that I had to irrigate with a plastic syringe. Not fun at all.
yeah the irrigation sucked, I did it with warm salt water
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #23
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
pull the staples and string out of some tea bags and throw them in your mouth. you're gonna be spitting out blood for the next half a day, the taste of tea is better than blood. my doc advised that an it worked quite well. . as the others said though, don't suck on anything.. . get some good drugs, a few seasons of "24" and a good chair and you'll be fine in no time.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #24
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine done at 17. Some good pain meds the first day. Second day I was pulling the engine out of my buddies Chevelle. Third and fourth day I went camping. Went back to running somewhere in there as well. Maybe it had something to do with being 17? I don't remember it being that bad.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #25
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
I had mine done at 17. Some good pain meds the first day. Second day I was pulling the engine out of my buddies Chevelle. Third and fourth day I went camping. Went back to running somewhere in there as well. Maybe it had something to do with being 17? I don't remember it being that bad.
because you had it done early so they weren't very developed. I waited too long at 19.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #26
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine out senior week of college, since I was still on my dad's insurance then and didn't want to pay for it myself out of pocket after I graduated.

Kinda messed up senior week, lol especially since they were impacted but I don't remember the pain being too bad. I iced my face and avoided the super chipmunk swelling so that might work for you. Soft foods, no straws, and be gentle with your gums... If the pain is bad and you need to take narcotics definitely don't take them on an empty stomach and uh... if you take vicodin or percoset for a few days make sure to eat lots of fiber. Just sayin.

I wish I had my teeth in a bag or jar! That's SO cool that you have them. Jealous.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #27
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
yeah the irrigation sucked, I did it with warm salt water
I am weird, I guess? I really was super fascinated by it. I had to make sure I didn't irrigate them too often. (I had two impacted and two partially-visible ones, and I was 22 when I got them out)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacobot View Post
I am weird, I guess? I really was super fascinated by it. I had to make sure I didn't irrigate them too often. (I had two impacted and two partially-visible ones, and I was 22 when I got them out)
I just can't stand salt water, I freak out if I drink some in the ocean The spitting up scabs/blood was kinda gross too.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #29
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
I had mine out freshman year in highschool
Old 08-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #30
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

Name: Trent
EVErsionDesigns's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, after hearing all of these stories I feel like I have it pretty good lol
I'm 19 now and soon starting sophomore year at college, I always had a slow growing mouth. I didn't lose my last teeth until sophomore year of high school.
And I am definitely really careful with eating before taking Vicodin, I've heard too many horror stories.(Icluding the ones about no fiber haha)
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #31
Hakuna Matata, bitches!
EVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura aboutEVErsionDesigns has a spectacular aura about

I just looked in the mirror and laughed out loud because my face is so swollen, looks like they had a hard time getting the bottom left out lol holy shit. And I'm definitely still bleeding but it doesn't bug me too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I was put to sleep when I had mine removed.

I woke up in the middle of it, like a boss.

About 3 hours afterwards, after the drugs wore off, I experienced the most excruciating pain in my entire life. Pain that I can't even describe. I was banging my head into the wall multiple times , ran around my house, jumped into my pool with all my clothes on. I don't know why mine hurt so bad after.
I feel bad, but that is funny as hell. And I fixed the banging your head into the wall part
Old 08-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #32
Tacoafloat will become famous soon enough

Coast Guard: SN
Name: Bo
Tacoafloat's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine removed during bootcamp, probably one of the most enjoyable memories I had there. Kind of like a vacation for 5 days. The pain wasn't bad just weird being awake with them pulling and yankin to get those suckers out.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #33
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
So does anybody still have theirs?

I am 24 and still have mine, Dentist says that I have plenty of room for them so thats no issue and for most part no issue of bacteria/pocketing. Hoping this stays this way really, dont feel like dealing with more pain than I need to since I need shoulder surgery this year and such.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #34
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I had my wisdom teeth removed when I was 18. They were still under the gums but needed to be removed they were impacted. Didn't really swell up but it was definitely a tough week of recovery. Had dissolvable sutures, too!

To this date, those have been the only teeth that I've had removed. **knock on wood**
Old 10-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #35
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
So does anybody still have theirs?

I am 24 and still have mine, Dentist says that I have plenty of room for them so thats no issue and for most part no issue of bacteria/pocketing. Hoping this stays this way really, dont feel like dealing with more pain than I need to since I need shoulder surgery this year and such.
My dad still has his, no big deal. A couple of my cousin do too.
The pain wasn't too bad but the swelling made it so I couldn't close my mouth all the way so I could chew.. major PITA
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #36
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVErsionDesigns View Post
Already out!
I feel good because of the numbing but not looking forward to about 12:00 today. Thanks for all of the advice. Definitely will try to eat some stuff before I take that Vicodin.. well as much as I can.

Had to post this lol
These suckers are ugly.
aw lucky, u got to keep your in one piece... i didnt get to keep mine cuz they had to cut the teeth into pieces before they took them out
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #37
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i think i got mine how in middle school or hell maybe it was 5th grade. IDFK anymore.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #38
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
aw lucky, u got to keep your in one piece... i didnt get to keep mine cuz they had to cut the teeth into pieces before they took them out
Ya a lot of people do that from what I've heard. I think doing it one piece causes more pain and swelling though.?About a week after I actually had bruising along the left side of my face on my jaw line. I didn't shave for a while lol
Old 10-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #39
Hakuna Matata, bitches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
i think i got mine how in middle school or hell maybe it was 5th grade. IDFK anymore.
Early bloomer lol