1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Headphones for jogging?

Discussion in 'Health' started by memario1214, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 [OP] Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I am trying to find some decent headphones that won't fall out of my ears when I am running/jogging. Pisses me off when I have to slow up to readjust my headphones every 2 minutes. I think I may have to go with over ear headphones instead of my earbuds that I have... I dunno. Any suggestions? What are your running? (no pun intended :D)

2. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  3. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:31 PM
    mizzac

mizzac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana/CO
    Vehicle:
    Yota-less
    Stickers
    I hate running with the over ear ones..just seem heavy and off balance if that makes sense. I just stick to the classic Ipod ones. Not the ones with the rubber tips that "fit" better they fall out all the time.

4. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Skullcandy are my favorites. The in-the-ear style won't come out when running and cancel noise very well.

5. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    I suggest getting a set of SHURE in ear headphones. They have a soft insert so you can smoosh it down like an ear plug and fit it in your ear. they work great plus they rival BOSE in ear sound and structure quality

6. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    2004tacoprerunner

2004tacoprerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    byron, mn
    Vehicle:
    2004tacoprerunner
    I like the etymotic in ear phones but they may not be for everyone. Klipsch also makes some nice ones.

7. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Personally, I hate the buds that go inside the ear. Feels funny as hell and can hear myself breathing. I just use basic Ipod one's and they hardley fall out during any of my training.....running, burpees, pull ups, etc they maybe slip once or twice.

I run the cord under my shirt and my ipod is clipped on my waist. This way I don't pull them out and they don't get caught on stuff.

8. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    mizzac

mizzac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mac
    Montana/CO
    Vehicle:
    Yota-less
    Stickers
    Exactly how I feel. I also tuck it in my shirt...they do have ipod holders that have chord wraps on them to keep the chords away.

9. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Pingo

Pingo Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Pole, AK
    Vehicle:
    2014 S/C TRD Offroad A/C
    I have these bose IE2's... They don't ever fall out and sound incredible, or use to at least. I think I dropped them in water or something because now 90% of the sound comes out of the right ear which is very unfortunate :( However it doesn't bother me too much because now I just always only put the right ear in and leave the left out so I can hear my surroundings better.

I use them for biking, snowboarding, jogging, sprinting, and playing basketball sometimes and I've literally never had them fall out except the few times ive yanked on the cord on accident. They also make a model with mic and bluetooth I believe if you want to pay a little more. I'm probably going to eventually buy another pair.

They also have a clip. So I run them through my shirt and clip it towards my collar. Don't notice hearing my own breathing or feel like I'm stuffing my ear with anything either.

[​IMG]

10. Aug 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    X2 best headphones I've ever worn. And I have worn a lot. It took me quite a while to find a pair that I liked, but I've used these biking, snowboarding, running, you name it and they do not move. But thats the icing on the cake. The cake is that they are an amazing sounding headphone, take it from an audiophile. I bought mine at Fred Meyers for 120 and you get full iphone functionality through the remote, and if you don't need the smartphone capability, they have a set exactly the same for 99 without the remote.

11. Aug 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    I have been using koss spark plugs for a few years and I love them! They are by far my favorite head phones I have ever had, I like them more than my skull crushers

P.s. they are around $15 a set, so if they mysteriously get wrapped up in your power tools, or washed multiple times, or chewed on by puppies. It's no biggie.

12. Aug 20, 2012 at 1:26 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    i hate riding my bike up on people wearing headphones..my "0n your left.." is always just wasted breath.

13. Sep 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    TacoFlavored

TacoFlavored Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DC 2wd
    Dude get some shitty Skullcandy Titans 40$ decent sound and stay in your ear like glue. Plus you wont feel bad when you mess up the cord benching or ruin them with sweat. Seriously had mine for almost a year now workout 4-5 times a week heavy sweating and lifting only had to superglue on of the them cause the casing came apart. STILL going strong!

14. Oct 4, 2012 at 7:17 PM
    diesel30

diesel30 Well-Known Member

Member:
    columbus ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 dbl cab long bed trd sport 4x4 mag gray
    carbon fiber blacked out grill ddm tuning hid kit 35w/55w bi-xenon kit ddm tuning hid fog light kit 35w m/t classic lock blacks fierce attitudes 285/70/17 5100's installed on front 2.5" rear TSB done masterlock tailgate lock 35% front window tint scangaugeII duplicolor red caliper paint
    i've got a set of the monster isports. Unbelievable sound quality. In ear, noise cancelling and the best part, they're waterproof. The instructions on cleaning them actually tell you to zip them inside your pockets on your warm up pants and wash them in the washer. No dryer though.

[​IMG]

15. Oct 4, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    halfway72

halfway72 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Northern Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT LB
    Cosmetic stuff.... best part HomerTaco Raptor Grille. Need to get a lift, armor and lockers.
    I bought the Zagg Smart buds. A little pricey but they come with fittings for different ears. Amazing sound on them too. Very pleased. You can usually find a discount code or deal on them too.
    http://m.zagg.com/product/view/Z34ZAGGSMBUDBLK

16. Dec 14, 2012 at 5:17 AM
    xsptaco07

xsptaco07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Xsp
    xsp package, 20" enkei deep six wheels,33" cooper zeon ltz, borla exhaust, borla intake, carbon fiber trim, weathertech mats, Halo HID lights, black grille surround with mesh, smoked 3rd break and tails, 3" toytec coilovers with bilstein strut, AAL and bilstein 5160 in the rear, led tag lights, led interior lights, NTW plated bumper, anytime fog mod, blue and white cluster swap, UWS toolbox,
    woohoo! Bose ie2 FTW! i had a pair for over a year and a half. i loved them. one day when i was working out i tore the cord(just on the outside) i called bose and upgraded to the sie2(sport) love them sooo much!

17. Dec 31, 2012 at 10:22 AM
    novakills

novakills Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prerunner TRD Sport
    TRD CAI, debadged, TRD exhaust, bed d-ring mod, rubber bed mat, 6000K Bi-xenon headlights, 3000K HID foglights, Redline Tuning QuickLIFT PLUS Hood Struts, 2" Toytec AAL w/Bilstein 5100s, 1" aluminum tapered leaf spring spacer, Eibach 1.6" lift coils on Bilstein 5100s set at .85 with Light Racing UCAs, 10% tinted windows, 285/70/17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Pioneer MVH-X560BT,TRD Supercharger, Grillcraft Black MX upper and lower grill, RAAMmat Sound Deadening, Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine Series I61-2 in rear doors, Hybrid Audio Technolgies Legatia L6 and L1V2 in front doors running through Hybrid Audio Legatia L2X crossovers, JL Audio 13TW5 in a bedlined Mr. Marv enclosure, Zed Audio Leviathan Amp on a bedlined Mr. Marv amp rack, DTLT Exhaust Headers w/O2 simulators, full LED lighting interior and exterior, OEM roof racks
    JayBird Blue Buds X for me. Pricey but Bluetooth, sweat proof (lifetime warranty against sweat), and great fit.

18. Dec 31, 2012 at 10:27 AM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Have you tried the ones that wrap around your ear?

[​IMG]
    Something like these, not the "sexy look" people go for but I don't give a shit what people think about my head phones :p If they fulfill that's all that really matters.
    [​IMG]

Also something like this, I have never tried it but looks cool and may work

Products Discussed in

To Top