LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Headphones for jogging?

Old 08-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #1
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Headphones for jogging?

I am trying to find some decent headphones that won't fall out of my ears when I am running/jogging. Pisses me off when I have to slow up to readjust my headphones every 2 minutes. I think I may have to go with over ear headphones instead of my earbuds that I have... I dunno. Any suggestions? What are your running? (no pun intended )
Old 08-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
There's these ones that form to your ear, it's a 2 part epoxy type stuff that you literally fit to your ear. It truely is custom fit. I'll see if I can find the link!

Edit: I think this is it:
http://www.cheaperthandirt.net/produ...Fcfb4AodvyYAQA

Personaly, I like JLab ear buds. They have awesome sound and stick in pretty well!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #3
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
I hate running with the over ear ones..just seem heavy and off balance if that makes sense. I just stick to the classic Ipod ones. Not the ones with the rubber tips that "fit" better they fall out all the time.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #4
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Skullcandy are my favorites. The in-the-ear style won't come out when running and cancel noise very well.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest getting a set of SHURE in ear headphones. They have a soft insert so you can smoosh it down like an ear plug and fit it in your ear. they work great plus they rival BOSE in ear sound and structure quality
Old 08-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough2004tacoprerunner is a jewel in the rough

2004tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I like the etymotic in ear phones but they may not be for everyone. Klipsch also makes some nice ones.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I hate the buds that go inside the ear. Feels funny as hell and can hear myself breathing. I just use basic Ipod one's and they hardley fall out during any of my training.....running, burpees, pull ups, etc they maybe slip once or twice.

I run the cord under my shirt and my ipod is clipped on my waist. This way I don't pull them out and they don't get caught on stuff.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
mizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shedmizzac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mac
mizzac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Personally, I hate the buds that go inside the ear. Feels funny as hell and can hear myself breathing. I just use basic Ipod one's and they hardley fall out during any of my training.....running, burpees, pull ups, etc they maybe slip once or twice.

I run the cord under my shirt and my ipod is clipped on my waist. This way I don't pull them out and they don't get caught on stuff.
Exactly how I feel. I also tuck it in my shirt...they do have ipod holders that have chord wraps on them to keep the chords away.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
Pingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to beholdPingo is a splendid one to behold

Pingo's Tacoma Gallery
I have these bose IE2's... They don't ever fall out and sound incredible, or use to at least. I think I dropped them in water or something because now 90% of the sound comes out of the right ear which is very unfortunate However it doesn't bother me too much because now I just always only put the right ear in and leave the left out so I can hear my surroundings better.

I use them for biking, snowboarding, jogging, sprinting, and playing basketball sometimes and I've literally never had them fall out except the few times ive yanked on the cord on accident. They also make a model with mic and bluetooth I believe if you want to pay a little more. I'm probably going to eventually buy another pair.

They also have a clip. So I run them through my shirt and clip it towards my collar. Don't notice hearing my own breathing or feel like I'm stuffing my ear with anything either.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #10
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post
I have these bose IE2's... They don't ever fall out and sound incredible, or use to at least. I think I dropped them in water or something because now 90% of the sound comes out of the right ear which is very unfortunate However it doesn't bother me too much because now I just always only put the right ear in and leave the left out so I can hear my surroundings better.

I use them for biking, snowboarding, jogging, sprinting, and playing basketball sometimes and I've literally never had them fall out except the few times ive yanked on the cord on accident. They also make a model with mic and bluetooth I believe if you want to pay a little more. I'm probably going to eventually buy another pair.

They also have a clip. So I run them through my shirt and clip it towards my collar. Don't notice hearing my own breathing or feel like I'm stuffing my ear with anything either.

X2 best headphones I've ever worn. And I have worn a lot. It took me quite a while to find a pair that I liked, but I've used these biking, snowboarding, running, you name it and they do not move. But thats the icing on the cake. The cake is that they are an amazing sounding headphone, take it from an audiophile. I bought mine at Fred Meyers for 120 and you get full iphone functionality through the remote, and if you don't need the smartphone capability, they have a set exactly the same for 99 without the remote.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
I have been using koss spark plugs for a few years and I love them! They are by far my favorite head phones I have ever had, I like them more than my skull crushers

P.s. they are around $15 a set, so if they mysteriously get wrapped up in your power tools, or washed multiple times, or chewed on by puppies. It's no biggie.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I have these in grey. They sounds great and don't move but then again I'm not jogging just power walking. You do have to wrap these over your ear so that you don't hear any of the cord whip.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i hate riding my bike up on people wearing headphones..my "0n your left.." is always just wasted breath.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
TacoFlavored is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Airman First Class
Name: Chris
TacoFlavored's Tacoma Gallery
Dude get some shitty Skullcandy Titans 40$ decent sound and stay in your ear like glue. Plus you wont feel bad when you mess up the cord benching or ruin them with sweat. Seriously had mine for almost a year now workout 4-5 times a week heavy sweating and lifting only had to superglue on of the them cause the casing came apart. STILL going strong!
Old 10-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
i've got a set of the monster isports. Unbelievable sound quality. In ear, noise cancelling and the best part, they're waterproof. The instructions on cleaning them actually tell you to zip them inside your pockets on your warm up pants and wash them in the washer. No dryer though.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:43 PM   #16
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the Zagg Smart buds. A little pricey but they come with fittings for different ears. Amazing sound on them too. Very pleased. You can usually find a discount code or deal on them too.
http://m.zagg.com/product/view/Z34ZAGGSMBUDBLK
Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 AM   #17
xsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura aboutxsptaco07 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jordan
xsptaco07's Tacoma Gallery
bose sie2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingo View Post

woohoo! Bose ie2 FTW! i had a pair for over a year and a half. i loved them. one day when i was working out i tore the cord(just on the outside) i called bose and upgraded to the sie2(sport) love them sooo much!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM   #19
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Have you tried the ones that wrap around your ear?

Something like these, not the "sexy look" people go for but I don't give a shit what people think about my head phones If they fulfill that's all that really matters.

Also something like this, I have never tried it but looks cool and may work