Notices

Powered protien cause acid reflex?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
42boxer is on a distinguished road

Marines: 6114 HMLA 773
Name: Brannon
42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Powered protien cause acid reflex?

Alright, im 19 and have always worked out through highschool and took protien but not very much or consistantly. But this last year i started a hard workout plan with a lot of protien. For over a year i was taking Mass gainer, rebuild whey protien, and casein protien. I didnt have any problems with it until i started getting stomach pains a month ago. After a month of them i went to the doctor. He said i need to cut off my protien and gave me some prilosec. That weekend i didnt take any protien and the pains were smaller but i didnt think better so i took protien again on monday and the pains were back strong. I have been off protien for the last two days and the pains are gone. Why is this happening? ive already lost 5 pounds being off of protien :/
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Alright, im 19 and have always worked out through highschool and took protien but not very much or consistantly. But this last year i started a hard workout plan with a lot of protien. For over a year i was taking Mass gainer, rebuild whey protien, and casein protien. I didnt have any problems with it until i started getting stomach pains a month ago. After a month of them i went to the doctor. He said i need to cut off my protien and gave me some prilosec. That weekend i didnt take any protien and the pains were smaller but i didnt think better so i took protien again on monday and the pains were back strong. I have been off protien for the last two days and the pains are gone. Why is this happening? ive already lost 5 pounds being off of protien :/
Are you taking it with milk? If so, you could be lactose intolerant. I would go to a different form of protein but higher calories such as meats, beans and nuts for a bit instead of powdered junk.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #3

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Are you taking it with milk? If so, you could be lactose intolerant. I would go to a different form of protein but higher calories such as meats, beans and nuts for a bit instead of powdered junk.
Yes with milk, but im still drinking milk and not having the problems.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #4
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42boxer View Post
Yes with milk, but im still drinking milk and not having the problems.
Ok. Then cut the amount of powdered protein out for a bit. Use other forms of protein. Remember that protein powder/mixes have a lot more than just protein in them. They have a bunch of crap your body doesn't really need. Too much protein is actually a bad thing. If you are having problems and your doctor said quit for now do it. Then when you decide it's time to start back up, start with 1/4th of what you were using. Then go back up from there. But, avoid how much you were using for a long time.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #5

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haslefre View Post
Ok. Then cut the amount of powdered protein out for a bit. Use other forms of protein. Remember that protein powder/mixes have a lot more than just protein in them. They have a bunch of crap your body doesn't really need. Too much protein is actually a bad thing. If you are having problems and your doctor said quit for now do it. Then when you decide it's time to start back up, start with 1/4th of what you were using. Then go back up from there. But, avoid how much you were using for a long time.
Alright thats what imma try. thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 AM   #6
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i had acid reflex and i never took any of that stuff. was put on nexium or what ever. when i turned 18 i stopped it along with some other meds. and i felt better. have not had any problems since either. i think i was on it too long and stuff, but idk for sure. all i know is all side effects went away along with stomach pains and everything.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Try lactose free protein with water instead of milk. Also too much is a waste because your body won't store it. Just goes out the back door. 4everfit has a dietary protein with 29 grams of protein no lactose, dissolves really easy and mango taste almost as good as a sport drink.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Whole foods are a better choice......peanut butter samichs, eggs, hamburger helper with a pound of 80/20 beef, whole pizza, gallon of whole milk (organic so your not drinking hormones and growing bitch tits). There's plenty of ways to gain but it starts at the table! At 19 you shouldn't be taking meds unless your diet is WAY F'd up but don't quote me I'm not a Dr. Ditch any form of cardio (except sprints) for a bit and lift with heavy compounds. Your T levels are as high as they will ever be and they start going down after 23 so you only have a few more years for easy mass building. Prob need 3-5k calories a day and that can be hard if you're not used to eating that much.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Eat some meat and veggies, and lay off the powder.

"Hey doc it hurts when I do this"

"Well stop doing that"
Old 09-04-2012, 06:21 PM   #10

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
well lab results came back and i have a stomach ulcer...
Old 09-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Really? Damn, sorry to hear that.......do what u need to take care of that and keep lifting big, you'll be good!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #12

42boxer's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i was only givin antibiotics so it must not be to bad. hope not.