LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Looks like rebroken thumb, can't afford hospital. Help?

Old 09-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Looks like rebroken thumb, can't afford hospital. Help?

Gonna keep this as short as I can cos its a pain to type with one hand. Looks like I may have broken my thumb earlier- again. Broke it a couple months ago (for sure) loading lumber with my friend Robert. Didn't go to hospital because I can't afford it. Looks like I broke it again today at Robert's house- we were play-fighting while working, and he grabbed my thumb to bend it in on itself (that old submission trick) and all we heard was a bunch of popping and grating. Hurt like hell, and I'm no stranger to pain.
It's swollen and purplish red, can't move it, and that great lump is there again on the back of the lower thumb digit- definitely broken, same spot.
But thing is, I still can't afford to go anywhere for treatment- I don't have a dollar to my name right now. Last time, I was able to get a sort of thumb splint from my dad, but he no longer has it. What should I do- any recommendations?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

But I get billed later right?
Old 09-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
If you go in and apply for charity care you should be good. Its designed for people not working or making under a certain amount per year.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Hospital emergency rooms usually offer financial assistance, meaning they pay for everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
If you go in and apply for charity care you should be good. Its designed for people not working or making under a certain amount per year.
They are correct, get your ass to an E.R. and fixed up.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Obamacare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
This ^^^^

Hospitals can treat you if you have no money.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #8
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Local hospital here does that. While throwing millions into renovations and new construction. I should work in health care...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #9
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
Local hospital here does that. While throwing millions into renovations and new construction. I should work in health care...
Sounds like the hospital I work at haha.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
They sale thumb stents at the pharmacy. But ya gotta align the bone for it to heal right.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #11
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Men have been typing one handed since the advent of the internet!

However there are 1000's of free medical clinics all over the U.S. that will treat you if you can not afford it. You simply need to fill out some paperwork and will typically be seen right after. Google is your friend, not Tacomaworld.

This took me 10 seconds to type, now go get your thumb fixed and good luck.

http://www.chesapeakecare.org/index/
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #13
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Popsicle sticks and tape make great splints but if you've maybe busted it twice you need to get it looked at by a professional or you could end up with range of motion isues and lose full use of your finger.

go to the county hospital. your thumb is important to have.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
go to e.r.

wait for $2000+ bill in the mail
Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #15
Hillbilly

I called my boss and told him. We are leaving for the ER now, he is paying. I told him to take it out of my pay but he says no, don't worry about it.

Good thing I'm ambidextrous.
Attached Thumbnails
Looks like rebroken thumb, can't afford hospital. Help?-broken-thumb-2.jpg  
Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Hospitals have to treat you if you have no money.

Fixed that for you. If you have an acute health pathology, the emergency room HAS to treat you and stabilize you. They can't turn you away by federal law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMTALA

However: You will be billed for services. The best thing to do about this is be proactive. Financial assistance applications are a good start. Get contact info for the hospital's financial assistance/billing dept. and start working on a payment agreement from day one. If you're in regular contact with them/working with them, they're more likely to give you slack here and there rather than sending you to collections as soon as you miss one payment.

One more thing: Stop playfighting with your fucking friend until your thumb has actually healed. Fractures take weeks to months to heal. Don't test your luck until 2013. You probably re-fractured and worsened your previous healing injury.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #18
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
That looks painful.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #19
Hillbilly

Last break was 6 months ago, guess it didn't heal right.
Heading out now to ER, boss just got here.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #20
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Last break was 6 months ago, guess it didn't heal right.

Quite possibly. Involving professionals would be a good idea at this point. I say that with bias: I am one.