1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone with lupus

Discussion in 'Health' started by Dcpsychobilly, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Sep 27, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Dcpsychobilly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Just wondering if any one on here has lupus and how they deal with it, also the kind of problems its caused them.

About me....I was diagnosed with SLE lupus 4 years ago and its caused many many problems that have really set me back in life.

2. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Bumpers, skids, lights and more lights, trail gear bumper, sliders, front kings, dakar lift leaf springs rear, corbeau seats
    Bump no bump?
    Well I guess I'm the only lucky one with lupus on TW:cool:

3. Oct 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    damn,.,sorry

what symptoms do you get?

4. Oct 2, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I have a good friend with lupus... I know some of her symptoms and what she is going through, but I cannot speak for her other than what I have seen.

5. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:09 PM
    TacoDell

TacoDell Truck ~n~ Tow

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tacoma SR5 4X
    Donahoe CO's, Deaver leaf paks, Lockright Locker, All Pro body armor ( sliders, front and rear bumpers ), All Pro under belly skids, Warn M8K w/Masterpull synthetic line, Dual Optima battery system, 4 ea LightForce Striker 170 offroad lights, 8 ea wired rock lights, and plenty more I'm sure
    seems similar to many other auto immune disorders...
    I have MS if it makes ya makes ya feel less alone.

Was diagnosed back in '01

Now life has more challenges

Try not to feel sorry for yourself...
    and do what you can... while you can.

In other words... put up a good fight ;)

sorry life has dealt you a shitty hand :(

6. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:17 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    hey man, make the best of what you got and take the bad with the good. You've got thousands of brothers (ans sisters lol) here on TW wishing you the best, and your one of the chosen few lucky enough to have a taco! You'll work it out, stay positive and have fun.

7. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Well my lupus has lead to arthritis in all my joints, the medication lead to steroid induced hyperglycemia (diabetes) which became type 1, it was actually diagnosed by a endocrinologist, my pancreas wasnt producing insulin any more. Somehow with diet and natural stuff (exercise was not an option for me because I was making ketones and loosing alot of weight)my pancreas went from not producing insulin to now I'm hypoglycemic (which is easier to live with).
    My lupus flares are caused by the sun, medicine allergies, and ra flares. What sucks is my lupus causes menegitus (non contagious type) and specifically affects my brain and spine. Its brought on many other problems (even a bit of brain damage-memory loss) last year I had 9 flares all lead to menegitus which lead me to be put on a chemo treatment (which was the worst point in my life).
    I posted on here thinking maybe someone knows how to deal with it better or how to actually make a life with it. Im kinda stuck and am not sure how to go with it

8. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM
    benbacher

benbacher Purveyor of Fun Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma 4x4 LBDC SR5 TRD Sport
    Too many to list now.
    This might seem superficial but I don't mean it to be, but do you have a Bible? That's helped me through my darkest times, sounds like you're in yours now. I'd be happy to get you a good one.

9. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    jivewalker

jivewalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack MeHoff
    Chucktown
    Vehicle:
    2012 4RUNNER TE w/KDSS, 2017 LAND CRUISER
    ^^ This was a really nice post

10. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Thanks everyone. Im just stuck, I cant find a job and dont really want to just get a job that will cause a flare. The biggest problem I have is I'm a hands on person but my ra doesnt allow me to work with them, they literally swell and get fat they also cramp. I've never had a sit down job and my bones dont like to sit for too long either. And thats why I feel stuck.

11. Oct 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    yea it is.
    Trust me through all of this I've gained alot of faith, life gives and takes I'm just waiting for it to start giving a little back

Doctors once told me there was a chance I wouldnt walk again because my spine had been affected so much, they also told me my pancreas wasn't working and that I should get use to being a diabetic, being on a diet and injecting myself with insulin everytime I ate. I've proved them wrong everytime so far so I know my life could be alot worse.

12. Oct 2, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    I hear ya bro, I don't know what your faith is like, but I work at a church up here and have never been charismatic before, but we have seen some CRAZY stuff. God's not done doing miracles that much is for sure. I think it was a month ago that a 2 week old baby was diagnosed with brain cancer and they were going to operate to remove a large tumor from her brain. She was prayed for on sunday following a week of MRI's to prep for surgery. On Tuesday the family went in to get the final MRI to do the locate for surgery that day.....no tumor, and no trace that cancer was ever in her body to begin with. All that to say, you aren't out of luck yet man. Keep praying. We'll do the same up here. Can't imagine being 23 and in your shoes. Props for keeping your head above water.

13. Oct 2, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    I believe you man, Ive had things happen that probably only a miracle could explain. I really was diagnosed as a diabetic took insulin, check my sugars, was on a diet, had test to prove my pancreas was giving up, my a1c was 11 I think. I hated my life and then like a miracle my body began producing insulin I stopped injecting myself and even went on a cruise were I ate ice cream all day, I just looked at my diabetes supplies and never used it. All that happened in about two weeks, it really was a miracle.
    There is a saying in spanish I believe in- it says "Dios aprieta pero no aorca" which kinda translates to "God chokes but doesn't suffocate". It may sound a little odd but its true I've lived it. Through all this though I did have someones support she made a big difference in it all. I just keep hoping it gets better but until it does I'll feel stuck .

14. Oct 3, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    "God chokes but doesn't suffocate"

I see what they're trying to say, but the doctrine is a little off. God isn't the one choking you, we live in a fallen world and as a result, we are susceptible to these things. The exciting thing here is, when God DOES redeem your body, and I believe He will, you're going to be so flippin full of faith you won't know what to do with it all. He never leaves us alone. Praying specifically that He returns your body to the way it was deigned to be. That everything be put in it's proper order the way He designed it to operate. Hahaha who better to fix you than the one with the blueprints?

15. Oct 3, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    TonkaToyTaco

TonkaToyTaco Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS

Member:
    First Name:
    Louie
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD DCLB 4X4
    Fox 2.0 Coilovers cranked up with JBA UCA, Rear OME 2" leaf pack with Ride Rite air bags, SCS Steath 6 matte black rims wrapped in 285/75/17 Cooper ST MAXX, Blacked out emblems, Debaged tailgate, Tinted windows (5% in rear, 5% up front and 40% on windsheild), Retro color matched HID headlights with Amber Halo, Projector LED Foglight, Custom LED Taillight and 3rd brake light, T-Rex 2 eyelids color matched, Fog light anytime MOD, All LED interior and exterior ligths, Volant CAI With forced Ram, JET throttle body spacer, Aero Turbine SS Muffler, Aero Turbine SS 4inch tip dumped after axel, URD MAF Calibrator, LED bed lights, 4X4 light mod, Satoshi Grill with matching scoop and lower Valance, 20" LED bar and 2 LED Pods behind Satoshi, Diff breather mod, Sea Blu secondary fuse box with 100A breaker, Outlaw Train Horns with dual Air Compressors and 5 Gal tank, Ultraguage, Andre Devil Horns, Pedal Commander
    I just read this whole post and I feel for you brother.I know it has to be extremely hard and alot to go through but like everyone said fight it!! beat it!! and destroy it!!. I cant say anything from experience because thankfully Im healthy but when I hear peoples stories like this and how it affects them......... Thats my soft spot. I couldnt imagine what you are going through and how it changes your life, the only thing I can do is uplift you and give you my condolences. Like you said it could always be worse and there is worse out there so be thankful for the good and hold your head high, You have thousands of TW brothers and sisters here that Im sure would do anything for you as myself would. If you ever need anyhting you ask. Keep it real and hang loose brother and always fight never give up. If your feeling low talk to somebody. Take care

16. Oct 3, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    You seem to have alot of faith man. I hope life will turns around soon and get me back on track to a future.

Thanks man

17. Oct 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    benbacher

Member:
    First Name:
    ^
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    Too many to list now.
    I got faith cause it been proven to me over and over again. That and I'm a pastor :) comes with the job.

18. Oct 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Aw man now that explains alot, kool

19. Oct 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    Oddly enough, I was diagnosed with MS back in 98'. My wife bailed and broke up my family and ruined my entire life. I am disabled now and cannot work anymore. can't even walk ten feet. Five years ago I met my new wife and the last five years have been the best of my entire 47 years on this planet. Sometimes when doors close, new ones open. Stay positive my friend, we all get thru somehow.

20. Oct 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Dcpsychobilly

Member:
    Aurora Colorado
    Vehicle:
    04 dbl cab Taco
    Yea man I see what your saying, you know how life can be. Life wasnt what I wanted but the person that got me through isn't by my side anymore thats why things seem harder. I'm being hopeful things change for the better. I been on oral medication since april and have stayed out of the hospital and the big drugs (chemo) I just want a normal life hopefully a job, a family you know the life your suppose to have.

Products Discussed in

To Top