Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Countdown to jaw surgery!

Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 PM   #281
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I got wired shut on wednesday but afted the whole fainting and being dyhdrated episode that happened thursday morning, the surg. cut the wires and said hes wiring me shut again next week so i have till thursday to get used to drinking through a syringe and get used to the taste of those Boost drinks.
He also said that if i get malnourished again again after the 2nd time of wiring shut then hes gonna get a tube put up my nose that goes to my stomach and pump everything into me.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #282
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I got wired shut on wednesday but afted the whole fainting and being dyhdrated episode that happened thursday morning, the surg. cut the wires and said hes wiring me shut again next week so i have till thursday to get used to drinking through a syringe and get used to the taste of those Boost drinks.
He also said that if i get malnourished again again after the 2nd time of wiring shut then hes gonna get a tube put up my nose that goes to my stomach and pump everything into me.
You Don't want a tube in your nose....... Practice doing it now with your selected intake. You think your miserable now.......
Old 06-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #283
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oh i am.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #284
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh i am.
My buddy got a piece of surgical tubing that he could fit into the back corner of his mouth where his molars were taken out. Took a little practice but it was a lot better than his other options.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #285
billpete is on a distinguished road
billpete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
My buddy got a piece of surgical tubing that he could fit into the back corner of his mouth where his molars were taken out. Took a little practice but it was a lot better than his other options.
Yeah my syringe had some surgical tubing added to it to get it in the back of my mouth. Takes some time to practice it, but it helps.

Get that food in, the nose thing sounds like a major pain.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #286
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by billpete View Post
Yeah my syringe had some surgical tubing added to it to get it in the back of my mouth. Takes some time to practice it, but it helps.

Get that food in, the nose thing sounds like a major pain.
See doc told me straw. +1 to yall for really helping me out. Gonna get some tubing before i get wired shut this time!
Old 06-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #287
DerpWerx Fab

Well my swelling is finally all gone havnt lost anymore weight(kinda sucks lol) and feel like a normal human being again. Was supposed to get wired shut again wednesday but doc said he wants to wait till next week.

Almost halfway done with this and so far, it was more than worth it. I cant stop smiling when i look in a mirror even wjth this less than attractive splint in my mouth lol!

I also found out the hard way that being stuck in bed for 2 weeks+ TW + money saved in preperation for being out of work for 2 months = a sad bank account lol. Picked up a few things for the taco and almost finished my satoshi Countdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371143421.594537.jpg
OME lift(just need to buy some leaf springs now)
Countdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371143447.567167.jpg
ARB bumper with foglights(brand new. Got it for $600 off CL )
Andd my unfinished color matched satoshi. Yes the color match isnt perfect BUT its closer than the base model black i had before Countdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371143531.315565.jpgCountdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371143542.814002.jpg
Old 06-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #288
Glad to hear that you are doing better.

Hopefully you are able to have the syringe and tube thing figured out in preparation for the jaw being closed again.

Sounds like spirits are high--that is great news.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #290
DerpWerx Fab

Anndd 16 days later Countdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371304380.096572.jpg cant stop smiling when i look in the mirror. Its amazing(to me atleast) what doctors and surgeons can do nowadays.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #291

Good for u. Hope things just get better.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #293
DerpWerx Fab

Yup. Now my only struggle is finding a way to make money LOL. TW is dangerous for someone whos stuck on the couch/in bed all day(too hot to go walking most of the day).

Not really sure what i could make from home that hasnt been made already or wont cost an arm and leg to start producing.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #295
DerpWerx Fab

Welp just got back from check up at surgeons. Turns out i learned my bite by myself and wont have to get wired shut at all. Thank. God. Lol

I go back in 3 weeks to take some xrays and plan the date to get my splint removed. Halfway done with this mess and looks like smooth sailing from here
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #297
DerpWerx Fab

Time has come! Appointment set next wednesday to get my splint removed

Finally done with this mess!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #298
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #299
Quote:

That will feel so very good. You will bleed for a little bit (maybe half a day and when you brush) but it will feel awesome!

Keep it up, and keep hanging in there.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #300

Quote:

Great news....