Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Countdown to jaw surgery!

Old 07-19-2013, 11:54 PM   #301
SDLiving is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: MST2
Name: Jared
SDLiving's Tacoma Gallery
Updates!? Did you get the splint removed!?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #302
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Woops! Forgot to update! Lol

Yes splint is out but now i got some heavy duty elastic bands in place of it! Lol
Cheeks were swollen from getting splint out(had to put me under and cut some wires in my gums) but heres an update pic Countdown to jaw surgery!-imageuploadedbytapatalk1374331322.464022.jpg
Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #303
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
camojared's Tacoma Gallery
And I thought getting 5 teeth pulled and attaching chains to 3 others was bad! My 3 teeth werent ever going to come in and were going to cut off the roots of my front two teeth. Long story short I got 3 teeth rotated 90degrees and pulled down using chain links. Good luck man it will be well worth it.

Edit> I only read your first post and thought it was coming up this October. Lol
Old 09-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #304
TacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoJedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Adam
TacoJedi's Tacoma Gallery
Just got caught up on the thread.

A month and a half from the last update.. How are things?!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #305
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Things. Are. Awesome!! I still can't eat really hard foods(apples, celery, etc) but that's live able. I literally bite down every day even when I'm not eating just cause it feels so weird to feel my front teeth touch eachother lol.
Eating food is 10000000x easier now too! I've never realized how easy it is to eat grilled chicken sandwiches, spaghetti, burritos, etc is! When I used to bite into a sandwich either the entire chicken would come out cause I couldn't bite through it all the way or just the bread would come off and the chicken would stay lmao.

I have absolutely zero regrets! It's only been a couple months and I'm already extremely happy with the out come!
I still have braces to set my teeth all straight so no update pics yet(waiting to get braces off to give a greater before/after effect).

Between the 20lbs I've lost, straight teeth and new face, my self esteem has gone up like crazy!

Easily a life changer and was well worth the risk taken.

Best thing to happen to me so far was this surgery.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #306
ShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaLor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shane
ShaLor's Tacoma Gallery
Now you see what I mean when I told you that you were going to be so happy when it was done.
When you are first able to bite off a carrot, it will blow your mind!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #307
DerpWerx Fab

Got some unfortunate updates to add tonight..
Old 09-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #308
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Got some unfortunate updates to add tonight..
ooooh snap...

Whats going on
Old 09-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #309
DerpWerx Fab

Found this all out about 2 weeks ago but never updated here and...

Well turns out I'm stuck with all the surgery cost

Now before the people say"wait didn't you have insurance and didn't insurance approve it?"

Well yes. Insurance did pre approve the surgery. So we thought we were good, as did the doctors and insurance lady at the surgeons office.

So surgery's done and now it's time for the hospital and surgeons to get their money from insurance right? Insurance only paid $200. Turns out they DID approve the surgery but only allowed $200 for it... So total surgery cost was around $53,000. Which is in my name and credit. So now I'm constantly getting bills. I just got a bill on Thursday saying I have 10 days to come up with $2,000 for idk what reason(believe it was anesthesiologist) before they submit it to collections.

I'm not sure why my dad pays $400/month towards insurance if I'm not even allowed to use it for major surgeries... Seems kinda like a ponzy scheme.. But nothing I can do now, surgery is already done and people want their money.

We're gonna try to negotiate for a payment plan but I have a feeling my credit is about to take a shit.

I guess the positive side is that I'm young and have plenty time to recover my credit.

Just can't believe I have $53,000 in debt to my name and I'm only 19.

Did I need the surgery? Yes. Does this really suck now? Hell yes.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #310
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
That is so wrong............
I have never heard of this.
If your insurance approves the surgery then you should only be liable for deductible.
I would be talking with a lawyer about deceptive practices.
I am sorry.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM   #311
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
That is so wrong............
I have never heard of this.
If your insurance approves the surgery then you should only be liable for deductible.
I would be talking with a lawyer about deceptive practices.
I am sorry.
Wanna know the worst part? We paid $12,000 for the deductible. Up front.

Now that $12,000 we spent is just sitting there 'just in case' someone else needs a surgery, our deductible has been met.

So instead of taking that $12k And paying it today's the $50k, it's pretty much wasted.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #312
DerpWerx Fab

The best way I can some up what happened is:
Insurance DID APPROVE the surgery. But they only ALLOWED $200... And apparently you don't find how much they "allow" till after surgery when they get all the bills.

All the approval is is insurance saying "okay, so Kase is gonna have reconstructive jaw surgery ? Okay we approve this and will help cover cost"

Then after they say"woah, cost $60,000? Here's $200 to help with the cost"

It is indeed a FUBAR'd situation.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #313
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
The best way I can some up what happened is:
Insurance DID APPROVE the surgery. But they only ALLOWED $200... And apparently you don't find how much they "allow" till after surgery when they get all the bills.

All the approval is is insurance saying "okay, so Kase is gonna have reconstructive jaw surgery ? Okay we approve this and will help cover cost"

Then after they say"woah, cost $60,000? Here's $200 to help with the cost"

It is indeed a FUBAR'd situation.
You got to talk with someone...
Not knowing how much they will cover is complete crap. I knew exactly how much surgery and deductible was going to be before I went in...
Don't lay down on this.....
Old 09-30-2013, 05:49 PM   #314
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not knowing how much they will cover is complete crap. I knew exactly how much surgery and deductible was going to be before I went in...
^ this.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #315
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Mom said she can't afford a lawyer on top of all this.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #316

Quote:
Mom said she can't afford a lawyer on top of all this.
They will usually give a free consultation.

Seriously ,,,,,, somehow,someway, YOU HAVE TO GET SOME GUIDENCE.....
Old 09-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #317
camojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the roughcamojared is a jewel in the rough
That's bull figure out a way to get a lawyer... If it was approved you shouldn't be strapped with those bills.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #318
CASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shedCASTRATE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gabe
CASTRATE's Tacoma Gallery
What a crock of shit. We're lookin' for a welder or two at our shop if you're interested. Mig, tig, flux mostly on stainless. Climate control, clean shop. Decent money. Starting pay w/o overtime is around $43k/year. We get plenty of ot though. Pretty gravy work. My worst year was roughly $65ish. If you're interestedn let me know and I'll try to get more details. Ain't great money, but could help knick out some of that debt
Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #319
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Get on the phone with your insurance and submit your medical records to their appeals department! I had a similar thing happen with knee surgery last January due to blowing it up skiing. They'll play all kinds of games... I just had to keep appealing bills they sent me and I ended up only being out my deductable which is the way it should have been!
Old 09-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #320
:$200 wouldn't even pay for the stitches I got on my finger.