Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Countdown to jaw surgery!

Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #21
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
It will all be worth it ! Goodluck man.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #22
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevelvetteen View Post
Good luck!
When I was a senior in high school, I broke my jaw while pitching in a varsity regional baseball game. Line drive to the side of the face and broken in two places. Surgery was about three hours, plates, and screws, then wired shut for 6 weeks (still have the plates and screws in my jaw, they are very small). Hang in there after surgery, obviously your procedure is much more dangerous than mine was but once the swelling goes down after about a week and the wounds on the inside of your mouth heal you will be just fine. Also, you will be able to talk with it wired shut, trust me, I would even try to sing once in a while. The only thing that tough was when I had to yawn or sneeze! Drove me crazy! Hope everything goes according to plan and you recover quickly.
Bahahaha singing with jaw wired ?!?

I might have to try this

Unfortunately I doubt my recovery will be as fast cause my jaw is supposed to still be numb after 3 weeks lol. And even after the 8 weeks, ill still be only eating soft foods.

No steaks or cheeseburgers for me for a while
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdowell View Post
It will all be worth it ! Goodluck man.
I'm hoping so man! Thanks
Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #24
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery

Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #25
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
Several years ago I assisted a craniofacial surgeon on an Intervertical Ramus Osteotomy (iirc).
Basically slid the mandible forward. Patient did great and looked much better with a chin.
Man, it was what I like to call a real "hog-killin" surgery but very cool and fun. A butt load of lil Ti plates and screws.
Good luck !!!
Could be a dumb question but why did y'all call it a "hog killin" surgery?
Old 09-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
wish you the best dude!
Old 09-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #27
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck to you man. I was supposed to have a similar surgery this past July and it has been pushed to Dec/January sometime. Not looking forward to it honestly, but will be so happy when it is over with and I don't have to deal with it anymore. I am pretty level though (all my teeth touch), I just have an underbite that is causing issues.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #29
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Could be a dumb question but why did y'all call it a "hog killin" surgery?
uh, sorry. nevermind, you really don't wanna know......
You're gonna do great.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #30
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
uh, sorry. nevermind, you really don't wanna know......
You're gonna do great.
Ah come on you can tell me! I won't be scurred!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #31
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
i wish you the best of luck for the surgery!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #32
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Kase,
Best of luck to you with this surgery & props for having the personal courage to post that pic! I've got about 20 years on you & had throat surgery a few months back. Not a fun experience with pain & such - but definitely manageable.
On medical leave I spent sooooooo much time on TW!
We're rooting for you!
Keep us posted...
Thanks man
I figured I could post that pic confidently cause atleast I'm doing something about it
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #33
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
i wish you the best of luck for the surgery!
Thanks man
Old 09-28-2012, 04:15 PM   #34
MikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeCB600F is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeCB600F's Tacoma Gallery
good luck
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #35
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adrian
aptech's Tacoma Gallery
the blender will be your friend it seems for a couple of wks. you'll do fine.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #36
Jetfixer
aptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shedaptech is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post

Old 09-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #37
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptech View Post
the blender will be your friend it seems for a couple of wks. you'll do fine.
Went and got a legit one just the other day
Old 09-28-2012, 05:51 PM   #38
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
All the best man! Procedure sounds intense... I'd be scared as hell to go and do that!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #39
Jetfixer

aptech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Went and got a legit one just the other day
cool we used to own a restaurant and this guy would order a dozen tamales and have us blend them and put them in a cup( he couldnt eat solid food). it looked gross but hell it still tasted good. you should post pics of the blend meals you eat and what you thought about them.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #40
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
just went to the dentist this past monday and they worked me over. I got good medication though