Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

It's time for change

Old 10-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #21
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Here is diet plan that i used and worked well.

No M. A. F. F.
Milk. Alcohol. fried. Flour.

8am Fueling# 1 1/2 cup oatmeal ( measure dry) with 1 table spoon flax oil + 1 hand full of blue berries
3 egg whites + orange

10am Fueling#2- 1 ounces protein 6 oz Breast + apple

Lunch 12 pm Fueling #3 - 6oz chicken , 1/2 baked yam or 1/2 cup brown rice , 3/4 cup Vegtables

3pm Fueling #4 Same as ^

6pm fueling #5 6 ounces protein + 3/4 cup vegtables

8/9pm fueling #6 1 grape fruit or 1/2 cantelope or smal bowl of fresh strawberries

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Meals must be eaten 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stay within 30 minute window.

**Protein can consist of the following: chicken, fish, tuna and turkey. Breast meat only. No Red Meat or ground turkey

** Food must be prepared and eaten with no salt, butter, marinades, or any kinds of sauces. Try Mrs. Dash, Fresh spices, herb, lemon or garlic for seasoning.

**Vegtables- lighty steaming - do not over cook, dark green vegtables preferred, such as broccoli, peas, spinach, cabbage occasional carrots okay.

**Oatmeal is not to be cooked with milk. Eggs to be cooked in the mircowave. Meat should barbcued, baked, boiled, or brolied only.

**Drink water - at least 2 liters a day

I did this for 6 months with playing ice hockey and soccer. I lost 20 lbs.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #22
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidenhardcore View Post
Hey man. I love your story about trying to be healthy and lose weight. I know it can be hard and stuff. I am too trying to lose weight just like you. Some days are so easy and other days are the hardest but it can be done. Best of luck to you and hope me and you can be fit one day
agree ^
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #23
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
That's an awesome meal plan, Ryan. Thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow. It's hard for me to keep food warm at work, since we only have a really disgusting microwave, and I'm here 9-5 Mon-Fri. Definitely drinking that much water helps...I've been doing it for 3 days now.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
the full Monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
That's an awesome meal plan, Ryan. Thanks I'll give it a try tomorrow. It's hard for me to keep food warm at work, since we only have a really disgusting microwave, and I'm here 9-5 Mon-Fri. Definitely drinking that much water helps...I've been doing it for 3 days now.
Yea man good luck. Also find a scale and only use that to weight in, because every scale is different. When i got on the scale it was before i work out.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #25
Old Newbie
Chad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad7088 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad7088's Tacoma Gallery
Wishing you the best of luck! Anything worthwhile is gonna be hard to do. When you have those days when you want to quit, those are the days you're gonna have to dig deep and remember why you started in the first place...to get healthy...I think setting a goal is very smart....spring break 2013...keep your eye on the prize! You can do it!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
This is awesome.

Remember -- you get fit in the gym, but you lose weight in the kitchen. You've got the right approach and motivation to make this happen. I'm pulling for you!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #28
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have one electronic scale in my bathroom I've been using for years so that's the one I'll be using throughout this process. And yeah, I'm ultimately doing this to improve my own quality of life. And feeling good only fuels me to work harder.

Thanks, Chad! I know I'll have those days, but keeping my eyes on the prize should keep me motivated.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #30
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you man!! You should be proud of yourself! I kno you said exercise never worked well in the past but you might want to try out a stair master. Fucking things rips the sweat out of you. Best of luck man don't give up!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:42 PM   #31
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
More so then hard work, is the dedication and commitment needed to get you there. You'll constantly need to kick yourself in the "A" to stay on point. This is where most people fail, they just cannot commit and slowly slack off giving excuse after excuse.

Really good to hear you know and acknowledge the fact that you can improve your life and want to. You are still so young so its good you came to this realization now before your metabolism begins to go down hill.

Seeing you slim down as you progress will certainly serve as an inspiration to others, and for that I wish you the best of luck.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Good for you man! We should def set up a TW hike/campout in the mountains soon!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #33
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Good Luck! I lost 45 pounds (intentionally) when I was 17. I am now 25 and have never put it back on.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #34
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
When I got married 13 years ago, I weighed 179 and fit as can be at age 29. I had a job that caused me to eat out a lot out and late and I was traveling, I got up to 253 lbs. 2 years ago, I said enough is enough and lost 43 lbs. I was back in the game.

Fast forward to now I am back at 257 lbs and feel like shit. I want to go jump off a bridge or something because I put all that hard work in and back in same boat. But I think im going to do it again, and lose the weight. if I can lose 50lbs, I would think I would be fine. Stick with it man, Hope you do well.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Cool. You can do it man. I have cut out most soda from my diet and I only order the small meal when I go out. I drink iced tea with no sweetener. I also try to eat better stuff when I go out except for meets.

Fresh and Easy has ready made salad lunches. I get sick of them though.

These super diets can be hard to follow. Just eat normal and go for a walk and that itself will help a lot.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #36
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
dude, that's it. you've inspired me to do something about it for myself. I'm going home tonight and throwing away all my junk food and sodas! This is a new day!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #37
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
dude, that's it. you've inspired me to do something about it for myself. I'm going home tonight and throwing away all my junk food and sodas! This is a new day!!!!
Do it! Get rid of that sugar in a can. Get used to plain iced tea man.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #38
REBELTACO

Thanks everybody! and Hiatt, I'm so down for that dude.

So update....I started this plan on Monday, and so far I'm VERY proud to say that I've lost 10lbs! I'm at 302lbs, so 90 more to go.

Lunch options have been rather easy, and I don't feel the need to snack on stuff during the day. Cut down my portions, and eating plenty of dark vegetables to keep myself full. Also drinking 3-4 liters of water a day, and doing some kind of cardio for 1 hour a night.

I was at a family function last night, and I couldn't believe how many people I haven't seen in a few months are already telling me I look thinner...before I even had a chance to tell them about this new lifestyle change.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #40
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Let me provide some advice and a little background about myself.

First is my background. September of last year I weighed in at 275 lbs and I am 5'9" tall. I just like you said,"enough is enough." Except I am 39 years old. A little harder at my age but I knew I needed to make a lifetime change. I have made that change.

This is what you need to do. Get "going on a diet" out of your mind and convince yourself that you need to change your diet for the rest of your life. Everyone has a diet-it's what we eat. Any diet created to lose weight fast is not a permanent change in the way you should be eating for the rest of your life.

Do not cut calories too much that you are starving yourself. Your fat will go into emergency mode and start storing all it can. I snack on raw almonds or baby carrots on a consistent basis. It also helps with portion control at meal times. Figure out what works best for you.

Stay away from weight lifting for awhile. If you are doing a balanced cardio work out your muscles will tone up. There is no need to complicate things with a weight training routine. Best bang for the buck exercise for getting in shape is outdoor running. Yeah, it's a bitch at first but you will see the most gains and the key is to run and walk. Don't over do it.

Remember, it took a long time to put the weight on. Don't expect it to come off over night and to keep it off. You will show big weight losses at first but that will diminish. Don't get frustrated and don't weigh yourself all of the time. Use your clothes as a gauge at how you are doing. Before you know it a new wardrobe will be in store for you.

Lastly, you may wonder how I am doing. I am at a nice comfortable weight of around 185-182lbs. My weight as well as everyone's fluctuates. My blood pressure is way down and my resting pulse is in the low 50's to high 40s on average. I don't work as hard as I used to but I currently ride my road bike roughly 60-80 miles a week. I ride my mountain bike usually once a week for roughly 10 to 12 miles of rough terrain and I mix in weight training in between the days I am not riding. I take two to three days off a week. My weight loss took roughly a year. The last twenty pounds took the longest to lose.

The hard part is over for you. You have acknowledged that you need to make a lifestyle change. You just need to make it happen and don't rush it. One day at a time.