Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

It's time for change

Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #61
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Are you buff as shit yet?
not yet...Still working to get the pesky pounds off. Sticking to meals like this...my lunch today was brown rice, grilled chicken breast and steamed carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and green onions with one packet of gluten free low sodium soy sauce.

Biking about 10 miles a week now, which I can barely fit into my schedule consider how cold it's getting after dark these days.

Current weight is at 288lbs. It's getting harder to shed the pounds, but I'm constantly trying to trick my body out of it's comfort zone to keep the numbers dropping.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #62
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I feel yea man.
Ive started to diet too and all i really eat is lettuce and grilled chicken now lol

Dont know what you like to drink but, i found out those MiO things that you pour into your water bottles are actually pretty good.
Helps give water a lil flavor lol

Any idea of what your caloric intake is per day?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #63
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I feel yea man.
Ive started to diet too and all i really eat is lettuce and grilled chicken now lol

Dont know what you like to drink but, i found out those MiO things that you pour into your water bottles are actually pretty good.
Helps give water a lil flavor lol

Any idea of what your caloric intake is per day?
I've actually been drinking a combination of Mio and unsweetened iced tea. They sell iced tea pretty much everywhere so I've been opting for that when I don't have my Mio around.

Average caloric intake is around 1100-1500 cal/day.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #64
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
I've actually been drinking a combination of Mio and unsweetened iced tea. They sell iced tea pretty much everywhere so I've been opting for that when I don't have my Mio around.

Average caloric intake is around 1100-1500 cal/day.
1100 a day?? How???
I eat a ham and cheese sammich on wheat bread and light on mayo for breakfast, 2- grilled chicken snack wraps light on ranch from McDonalds for lunch, and usually the same for dinner and im still at like 1400-1500 calories per day AND im still hungry half the time lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #65
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Lost any weight?
Im at 10lbs so far and its only been a little over a week
Plus my new job has me on my feet 8am-5pm monday-friday so that helps alot i think
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #66
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
I'm having a hard time imagining you guys not buff as shit

Keep up the good work
First you diet and do cardio and lose fat

After losing said fat, you start focusing on weight training an getting buff as shit lol
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #67
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, I need to get back into shape myself. 6'2 210 lb, I never watched what I eat and I try the functional fitness thing since the 2 kids keep my on my toes. I am glad that you are keeping it up and updated. Cant wait to see if you have reached your goal by Spring!!!! Congrats and keep it up!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #68
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
have you guys thought about weight watchers? My brother has lost 40+lbs on it. He loves it because he still gets to drink his beer and eat like a normal person. If you have an iphone, it is really easy to do.

Keep up the good work!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:09 PM   #69
REBELTACO

Quote:
1100 a day?? How???
I eat a ham and cheese sammich on wheat bread and light on mayo for breakfast, 2- grilled chicken snack wraps light on ranch from McDonalds for lunch, and usually the same for dinner and im still at like 1400-1500 calories per day AND im still hungry half the time lol
I try to keep breakfast around 500cal, lunch at 500, and dinner anywhere between 100-400. The best advice I can give is to keep yourself busy, and your mind off food. I work 55+ hours/week, so it helps me keep my mind off the munchies.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #70
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good luck brochacho, I am in the opposite boat, 5'9" and 140
Gaining weight is hard too

Same boat here- 5' 1' and 89 pounds. You'd think I'd beef up some since I'm working construction, but I haven't seen any weight change. :P

We're pulling for you, OP! Keep it up!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #71
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

damn do I feel like a fatty being 5'8 and last weight was 209 .
I should make a Am I fat thread to get some motivation going
Old 11-13-2012, 05:04 AM   #72
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
damn do I feel like a fatty being 5'8 and last weight was 209 .
I should make a Am I fat thread to get some motivation going
Well you dont sound fat but yes overweight lol
Im 5'11 and weighed 210 and was considered way overweight.
Im down to 200 now and tryin to get to 170-180.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #73
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well you dont sound fat but yes overweight lol
Im 5'11 and weighed 210 and was considered way overweight.
Im down to 200 now and tryin to get to 170-180.
Mcd's here I come nom nom nom lol j/k.
Yea I need to get moving more but with winter here my bones dont like being active :/.
Most people dont believe I'm even 200, so I guess its a good thing. But being in good shape would be nice.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #74
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
If you are trying to lose weight stick to water. Treat food as an energy source. Your body needs the nutrients. Stay away from restaurants. Prepare the food yourself using natural ingredients. Cut portion size down. When your body says, "I'm hungry", eat sometning but don't sit down and devour a bag of potato chips. Snack on raw peanuts or almonds, carrots, celery, etc.

Quote:
can give is to keep yourself busy, and your mind off food
This is number one on my list of ways to keep the weight off. If I am sitting and watching TV I am eating.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #75
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread and wanted to say even thought I dont know you, I am proud of you.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #76
BRUINS 4 LIFE
drade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrade is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
drade's Tacoma Gallery
Join Mixed Martial arts. Your a big guy, try out grappling or wrestling. Jiu Jitsu ,thai boxing, or traditional boxing. Helped me loose fifty pounds over a course of the year. I am in the best shape of my life, always have energy and can defend myself on the street and on the mat. I am only a year younger, but was battling food problems, and sadly, doing drugs. Joined MMA and my mentality changed about life. Strength, core, and endurance is what I work on every day and see results. Take it easy at first (if you consider this an option), but stick with it. Not only will you know how to defend yourself on your feet and on the ground, you will have piece of mind. Good luck to you!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #77
DerpWerx Fab

Update??
Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #78
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post
Just found this thread and wanted to say even thought I dont know you, I am proud of you.
x2.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #79
DerpWerx Fab

Guess you gave up
Old 12-08-2012, 06:54 AM   #80
DerpWerx Fab