Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

It's time for change

Old 12-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #81
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Yup. He's done
Old 12-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #82
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
woah woah woah....don't assume I gave up because I stopped posting?!?!?! haha

I'm so busy these days, I'm not even on TW as much as I used to be. I just got laid off from work and I'm very busy looking for another job.

As far as my weight loss, I plateaued for 2 weeks, trying everything I could to break free from it. I eventually started dropping some pounds again after Thanksgiving. I'm currently at 29 lbs weight loss. I need to find the time to exercise more if I want to reach my goal. That's for sure.

More good news, it's been 6 months since I quit smoking, and I feel great!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #83
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
woah woah woah....don't assume I gave up because I stopped posting?!?!?! haha

I'm so busy these days, I'm not even on TW as much as I used to be. I just got laid off from work and I'm very busy looking for another job.

As far as my weight loss, I plateaued for 2 weeks, trying everything I could to break free from it. I eventually started dropping some pounds again after Thanksgiving. I'm currently at 29 lbs weight loss. I need to find the time to exercise more if I want to reach my goal. That's for sure.

More good news, it's been 6 months since I quit smoking, and I feel great!
Haha. Good work man! Sorry about the job loss.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #84
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery

Right on brother!

Im 18 at 155lbs 5'9 so i cant complain about my weight(although i'd like to have a bit more muscle)a topic for another day.

I say go for it!

Make the changes, stay disciplined and you'll be butter.

Get slim son!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #85
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Been a while...update?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #86
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Down 35lbs. It's proving to be much harder than I thought at first, which was kind of expected. The holidays took a little toll on me, I gained 2lbs that I had to lose again. Started using my Taco to get me to mt. biking spots off the grid, forcing myself to ride to get back to my truck rather than just biking around town.

I need to keep changing it up. When I get comfortable with a workout, I can see the results start to flatline a bit.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #87
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You're doing freaking GREAT!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #88
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Update??
Old 01-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #89
REBELTACO

Still on track, may but I may have to push back the date a bit to get to my goal weight.

Started a new job (was unemployed for a month after being laid off) and it's taking a lot out of me. But I'm trying to do my best. The best thing that has come of it is the location of my new office being 5 minutes from back bay Newport Beach. There is a 10 mile loop I like to bike along there, and with the 8:00am traffic in the mornings, it's convenient to get up at 6:00am and bike the loop, shower and change at the 24 hour fitness next to my office, grab a protein bar and head into the office.

Still got my goal in my sights!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #90
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go Matt & congrats on the job!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #93
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Update? I'm going to start something like this. Granted my weight loss isnt going to be 100 lbs but I still want to get back in shape
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #94
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread! Keep up the good work. You have motivated me even more (just started to work out againg 3 weeks ago) and it looks like you have motivated other TW members. Amazing!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #97
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Good work man! keep it up don't let us down BTW you got the classic endomorph body frame, you should start lifting weights more and build some muscle up, more muscle = more fat burning
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #98
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
netflix "fat sick and nearly dead."
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #99
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Yeah I'm down about 30lbs from where I started. I need buy some new shoes, my running shoes finally got a nice hole in the side.
Great job man. 30lbs is nothing to sneeze at over a short time.
I went from 225 to 180 in 6 months, but I couldn't maintain 180 for more than a couple of weeks and ended up stabilizing at 190 for a few years.
Job and life changes (and age!) have worked against me and I'm back up over 200 again... I need to get my ass in gear and start walking/running again, especially now that my job has me tied to a desk.

And you young guys... keep an eye on your intake and activity. When I was 18-20 I was 135lbs at 6'3". My breakfast was SIX eggs, a half pound of sausage, four slices of toast, and a quart of Tang.
Lunch was something from JiTB, and dinner was either a half-pound burger on a french roll, or a large steak and russet.

When I was around 25, I was still a solid 180. Left retail, took an office job, and I was 230 within 6 months. I carried that for 15 years.

Your metabolism WILL slow down when you hit your mid 20s-30s, and your weight can easily get out of control if you don't constantly adjust your intake to your activity level.