Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Bone Q&A.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Bone Q&A.

Hi guys,
On September 22nd I was skimming and have actually slightly fractured my hip. Very small just a peice of the pelvic bone chipped down about 1/4 and inch. Ive been going to the doc for 2 visits now for re xrays and my most recent was 2 weeks ago. the bone had reattached. But now I feel no pain whatsoever and Im able to run and stretch anyway I could without the fracture. The doc still hasnt cleared me howevercould the bone be fully healed? Ive been taking in lots of calicum and vitiams if that could have sped up the healing process. Only reason is because I have a competetion saturday I need to make.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Bumpp
Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not a Dr. but I'm an X-ray tech and deal with fractures and surgeries daily......I would think 2 weeks is not enough time to "fully" heal depending on age, usually only children heal that fast. It can be easily fractured again if you do to too much too soon! What's the competition and how did it originally fracture?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I wouldn't do anything until yuo get the clear. Im a physical therapy major and I cant tell you how many times athletes come in and do to much to fast. It sucks waiting but your bones are still structurally fusing back together.

Stretching and running misaligns them ever so slightly since they are not fully fused yet and "stretch" or "bend", which might not be something now but later on could develop into something more serious due it. And that would probably go undiagnosed because everything "looks" normal.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Also, he is covering his ass to make sure you are cleared to go. Better safe than sorry when it comes to medical issues, especially structural/foundation issues.