LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Show us your injuries!

Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My knee replacement they cut off the end of your femur & tibia then glue a new knee in between!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #42
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
this weren't planned...
I just awoke one day, at Blythe ICU, with a new zipper

also once... kissed the wrong girl

Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #43
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
my list of broken bones
1. fibula and tibia (at the same time compound fracture)
2. thumb
3. wrist
4. little finger at the last knuckle and at the first knuckle
5. ankle
6. my collar bone (see first page)
i only have pictures of my collar bone, but the worst pain i have ever felt was the leg, i sat there for 2 hours with my leg not stabilized trying to stop it from bleeding while it swelled up so bad that is pulled it's self back into position. the only thing i can compare it to is sticking a knife in our leg and twisting slowly! (at least that what i imagine it would feel like if you did that).

lots of scars from cuts

the worst for me is watching my kids get hurt!!! i watched my daughter fall and break her arm right above the elbow, that is an image i still can not get rid of.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #44
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
ive had wayy to many accidents, mainy because of dirt bikes. fractured both wrists, the right one twice. shattered my knee in a head on collision on a dirt bike with a quad back when i was 13, had it rebuilt with pins and was in a wheelchair for quiet a while then crutches after that. had 2 concussions from quads.. needless to say i rode wide open back in the day. hell i still do.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #45
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
TacoDell...

What kind of work was done on your stomach??
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #46
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeetee View Post
TacoDell...

What kind of work was done on your stomach??
Well... it was exploratory they say.

Had internal bleeding, blood pressure shot up to 230+/
was out in AZ. at the time... had been uncomfortable for several days.
Finally called 911 after what I presume was a rupture. (blood pressure rise)
They carted me to Blythe ICU in Socal.
^ life flight to a reputable ICU was moot, as time was running out.
Lost 7 pts. of blood that day

The surgeons there pulled everything outta me to find out what and where the problem lay.
I passed out shortly after arrival, so didn't know anything until after.

What they found was a aneurysm of the artery leading from the Pancreas.

They were purdy proud of themselves that I survived...
seems the odds weren't too good that I'd survive the surgery.

but I did...
tho' I lost 30 lbs. in just that two week period.

And muh 50th burfday was only several weeks after the incident.
But luckily I survived to see another

I only know that Propofol works great...
Best nap I ever had
tho' the waking up to find a new zipper really sucked

All I really know otherwise... is...
...it weren't the best days of muh life

btw... it's been 9 months since...
and I'm still trying to recoup from this ordeal.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #47
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
wrench slipped today
http://s577.photobucket.com/albums/s...9222C6FA5E.mp4
Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #48
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Wrecked my motorcycle. Broke my C7 vertebrae, my left wrist, and both of my big toes.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your injuries!-img_20110920_160940.jpg   Show us your injuries!-img_20110922_220630.jpg   Show us your injuries!-img_20110922_220651.jpg   Show us your injuries!-img_20110922_220733.jpg  
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #49
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot about this one

Old 11-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #50
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud ofOkeetee has much to be proud of

Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
Well... it was exploratory they say.

Had internal bleeding, blood pressure shot up to 230+/
was out in AZ. at the time... had been uncomfortable for several days.
Finally called 911 after what I presume was a rupture. (blood pressure rise)
They carted me to Blythe ICU in Socal.
^ life flight to a reputable ICU was moot, as time was running out.
Lost 7 pts. of blood that day

The surgeons there pulled everything outta me to find out what and where the problem lay.
I passed out shortly after arrival, so didn't know anything until after.

What they found was a aneurysm of the artery leading from the Pancreas.

They were purdy proud of themselves that I survived...
seems the odds weren't too good that I'd survive the surgery.

but I did...
tho' I lost 30 lbs. in just that two week period.

And muh 50th burfday was only several weeks after the incident.
But luckily I survived to see another

I only know that Propofol works great...
Best nap I ever had
tho' the waking up to find a new zipper really sucked

All I really know otherwise... is...
...it weren't the best days of muh life

btw... it's been 9 months since...
and I'm still trying to recoup from this ordeal.

Now THAT's a story! Stay strong brother.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #52
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Forgot about this one

The fuq made that??
Old 11-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #53
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueitrgsr View Post
The fuq made that??
A kneeboard to the face
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #54
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
No pics, but September 5th 2012, had a dirt bike accident.

Broke my left femur mid bone. Rod and pins on that one and it's healing nicely now.
Broke left ankle in two spots, though not sure of exact name. Long bone on left side of ankle with plate and screws and the joint in my mid foot with screws in it now.

This was my first major accident and it sucks. I was using a walker for two months, no weight bearing. Now, i'm cleared for weight bearing for almost a week and a half, and still have to use a walker and boot. It's very frustrating recovery and i'm ready to walk on my own.

My left ankle is very stiff and dropped 10-15 degrees. I'm doing PT and have a Dynasplint to try to loosen up the joint and muscle to get it neutral. If not, i'm going to have another surgery, further delaying walking.

This sucks :-(
Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
Mikie is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Mikie's Tacoma Gallery
just over a year ago i had a dirt bike accident and was impaled in the face with a tree branch! yes i was wearing a full face helmet and goggles and all other protective gear, it was truly a freak accident. i always wear my GoPro camera so i caught the entire event on film, below is the link to the YouTube video... it has over 1.2 million views now!! and i have been featured on numerous T.V. shows including the Discovery Channel and Tosh.0!

YOUTUBE LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImuTpUYa-4

Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #56
K Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
K Dog's Tacoma Gallery
HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:35 PM   #57
newertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shednewertoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: electronics tech
Name: Kevin
newertoy's Tacoma Gallery
Fucking OUCH!!!!
I do know how it is!!!
Brought back old memories.
Motor cycle accident in the 80's-did not work for Four months.
Who needs tatoo's-I have SCARS.
Broken bones- MANY
That was before full face helmets --DAMN
Still have road rash (asphalt scaring) under my beard.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #58
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikie View Post
just over a year ago i had a dirt bike accident and was impaled in the face with a tree branch! yes i was wearing a full face helmet and goggles and all other protective gear, it was truly a freak accident. i always wear my GoPro camera so i caught the entire event on film, below is the link to the YouTube video... it has over 1.2 million views now!! and i have been featured on numerous T.V. shows including the Discovery Channel and Tosh.0!

YOUTUBE LINK:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ImuTpUYa-4

Man....that's crazy. Framed and placed on your fireplace?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #59
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Had the same thing happen to a guy at our dual sport ride this year. The stick was a lot smaller though. A guy pulled it out for him and put a band aid over the puncture and he was on his way. Still crazy as hell!