LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Crushed toe nail.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Crushed toe nail.

Well funny story ends with a pro comp rim (steel) falling directly on my big toe. Can already tell the nail is going to fall off soon enough. I was just wondering how long it takes for a new one to grow back? And also after this one comes off is there any pain involved? Meaning can I go skimming, running my daily activities again. Thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #3
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
No clue but OUCH! Hope it heals up well and fast!
Yeah wasn't on the agenda, but thank you!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
No pain whatsoever from my experience. You'll just have normal skin there till it slowly grows back. I had a finger nail get smashed between a slolem ski and the tow rope, the nail fell off about 3 weeks later along with a bunch of built up dry blood that was under it. It sucked but there was no pain after the first few weeks.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #5
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
12-18 months for re-growth. Should not hurt unless you drop a rim on it again before the NEW nail grows in...if you do that, you will go through your known list of verbal obscenities in under 5 seconds.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
40 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTaco07 View Post
Well funny story ends with a pro comp rim (steel) falling directly on my big toe. Can already tell the nail is going to fall off soon enough. I was just wondering how long it takes for a new one to grow back? And also after this one comes off is there any pain involved? Meaning can I go skimming, running my daily activities again. Thanks
6 months and very tender. That's how long someone at the shop took.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Super Mod!

Alright thanks for the responses guys!
Old 11-04-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
take a needle and heat it up cherry red and pierce it through the center of the nail to relieve pressure when it starts to swell bad. . .and it will. . i kid you not.

it'll grow back slowly but fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
Toy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
Toy4me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
take a needle and heat it up cherry red and pierce it through the center of the nail to relieve pressure when it starts to swell bad. . .and it will. . i kid you not.

it'll grow back slowly but fine.
This or; take a small drill bit and turn it with your fingers, pushing down gently until it goes through. You'll get a nice spurt of blood when it goes through. Relieves the pressure - immediate pain relief. If it builds up pressure again the next day, poke it with a pin and give it a little squeze to drain it again.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Did this same thing to my finger on oct 7th, fingernail maybe fell off the 21st, at first it was tender but now it is fine. Nail is roughly 15% grown in now
Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4me View Post
This or; take a small drill bit and turn it with your fingers, pushing down gently until it goes through. You'll get a nice spurt of blood when it goes through. Relieves the pressure - immediate pain relief. If it builds up pressure again the next day, poke it with a pin and give it a little squeze to drain it again.
hmm, wish I knew this when I did mine. The pain was awful those first few days.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
hmm, wish I knew this when I did mine. The pain was awful those first few days.
it works wonderfully. . . i never went to the doctor for it, but im pretty sure i broke my big toe on my right foot about 4 years ago. toe swelled up huge and my dad did that trick on it. . blood and puss seeped out of it for many hours. woke up the next morning and there was still pain for sure, but the swelling was way down and it hurt A LOT less than it had.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
I crushed my big toe nail once and it took about 10 months to regrow all the way out and look normal again ...