1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A.D.D.

Discussion in 'Health' started by motoxer311, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Nov 29, 2012 at 4:09 AM
    motoxer311

motoxer311 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
  2. Nov 29, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB TRD Sport Prerunner 4x4
    Things and stuff and such
    I was diagnosed with ADHD and depression when i was 12. I suffered all through school, had to use special priveleges but they didnt help enough. It hurts my work performance some days worse than others, depending if I'm stressed out or whatever. I have trouble being social, following conversations with friends. I took medicine when i was younger but it didnt help. I try to stay positive and kerp myself focused on tasks but some days it is really hard.

3. Nov 29, 2012 at 4:35 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    I prefer locking hubs. Better mileage, easier to replace if broken.

4. Nov 29, 2012 at 5:20 AM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    :cookiemonster::rofl:

The only things I can ever concentrate on are women and trucks

5. Nov 29, 2012 at 5:42 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    I agree. Manual labor or a work out helps me too. I'am easier to talk to and i can focus better after. I've been prescribed meds but i feel like its a "crutch"....thats my opinion.

6. Nov 29, 2012 at 5:51 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    I thought I was just really disinterested in everything people had to say. I can read a chapter in a book and think about something totally different at the same time...then have to go back and re read :eek:

OP, have your GF call you and give you a mock interview. Have your mom or dad do the same. Sure it may sound kind of silly but it wont hurt anything. Good luck, man.

7. Nov 29, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    motoxer311

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Great idea, my old boss will be doing it for me.. Has been there helping me out so far.. It's a huge financial institution so I'm beyond nervous once again.. I do have almost 11 years at the company but lost interest when I started my own company..

8. Nov 29, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    Do your homework! Learn as much as you can about the new company/job. Then when you do the interview, you are nit completely blind about what the company has to offer and what skill set and work habits you can bring to them. Remember they are in business to make money, and they like to have people working for them that can make them more money. so during your interview, be a salesman, sell yourself as there new best asset.

9. Nov 29, 2012 at 4:35 PM
    motoxer311

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Stuff I like to hear!

10. Nov 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Anybody wanna go ride bikes?

11. Nov 29, 2012 at 6:44 PM
    ajohnson

ajohnson Glamour Shot

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    Does anyone take medication, and what do you take? I took Adderall back in the day but it made me comatose, and Ritalin made me shake too much. That was a long time ago, I have no idea what is available now.

edit: Derr, just read the whole first page. I doubt meds would help me.

12. Nov 30, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Never taken any medication. My parents never took me to the doc as a kid to get "diagnosed". If I have something important to do I make lists and that helps me stay on track with what Im doing for the most part.

13. Jul 14, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    toyodajeff

toyodajeff Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    I think i might have adhd. What happens if i go to the doctor and ask about them about it do i just get some meds or what?

14. Jul 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
    toyodajeff

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    I have alot of the symptoms off adhd to. I'm having a hard time at colleg and spometimes at work to. I made decent grades in middle and high school and was in some advanced classes that i did fine in but struggled in some subjects that weren't advanced such as lit and algebra. Also i wasn't a rowdy ass little kid ever just forgetful and inattentive

15. Jul 14, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    Same here, there is always somethingbthat you excell extrememly well at, focus on as much as you can on things that apply to what your interests are, it will make things much more interesting and easier to focus on. As far as everything else, some how find a way to apply it to the things you like, and it becomes muche easier

16. Jul 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM
    toyodajeff

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    Vehicle:
    06 reg cab sr5
    Yea when I was in high school I would normally put my head down and listen to the teacher lecture. Most of the time I would ace classes like history, economics and science. It really irritated the teachers though because they thought I was sleeping. In college its mostly reading books and it takes me 30 mins to read a page because i get so distracted.
    I also have a hard time with following verbal directions but if you write them down ill do fine. Its also hard for me to take care of chores around the house with out getting sidetracked and i end working all day and getting 10 different thing halfway done unless I make a list. Making list of things to do seem to help alot

17. Aug 13, 2013 at 8:28 PM
    drade

drade BRUINS 4 LIFE

Member:
    ME
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road Short Cab Silver
    TRD PRO skid plate, wet kole seat covers, tint all around, red line tuning quick Lift system, paint protection film, gloss blacked out OEM emblems, electric start, heated seats.

No. If it was that easy everyone would be on Amphetamines/Methylphenidates. These are a C2, or Class Two drugs, meaning they are controlled substances. These drugs are abused, sold illegally, and used for the wrong purposes in some situations. I am a Nursing student and have seen a lot of abuse inside and outside of school with drugs such as : Ridalin, Vyvance, and Adderall.

If you think you suffer from ADHD, see a psychiatrist. If you meet with one, be yourself, and answer the questions with honesty. Then, he/she will decide on a diagnosis, and how to treat it.

Remember, these drugs are stimulants. If you have a heart condition, High BP, trouble gaining weight, Cardiovascular disease, Glaucoma, and a history of drug abuse; you most likely will not be treated with these types of Medications.

I was diagnosed at eleven, and have been taking medication since then (now 22). The drug I currently take helps me a lot with my social life and work. I use to just zone out during conversations, be OCD about my hobbies, and was off the wall 24/7 (crazy energy boosts).

Try exercising more often, drinking less soda or coffee (anything with caffeine).

It is not easy to live with. A lot of my family members disagree with me being medicated.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  18. Aug 13, 2013 at 11:14 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    Adderall and Vyvanse here. Been taking them for about 5 years. Spent an entire life causing trouble and doing crazy shit, partying like a madman. All while going to tough schools but listening to speeches about not realizing my potential, etc. Went to a counselor which eventually led to a psychiatrist and prescription. Turned my career around at that point - no more afternoon coma, focus was back, motivation was high and had great results.

I've slowed down on the prescription and trying to find other alternatives but haven't stopped. Caffeine and nicotine help. Believe it or not, slowing/stopping glucose intake and vitamin D seem to be effective. Beer is a killer unfortunately - I still drink it but a lot less than I used to but I'm in another world the next morning. Stay away from food colorings as they are a common trigger.

Some days I'm on the cam and kicking ass, some days it takes me an hour to get dressed and start the car while forgetting shit left and right. Be observant of when you have the good days and see what kind of diet minimizes symptoms. If everything is clicking, ADD people can often be much more productive than non-ADD people.

19. Aug 13, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Coaches thought I had it back in 7th and 8th grade. I evidently don't now. I think many people that were put on the medication at a young age don't really need it. But I will also go against that in the fact that there was a kid in my class who couldn't get good grades, period. Started taking medication and he ended up getting all A's and in the top 10 of our class by the time we graduated.

Products Discussed in

To Top