Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

A.D.D.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
motoxer311's Tacoma Gallery
A.D.D.

Who "suffers" from it, how do you go about not getting sidetracked easily? Have an interview next week and don't want to be dazing off when my hiring manager asks questions..
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #2
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I was diagnoased @ age 37 with ADHD. It consumes my life, luckily I EVENTUALLY got a job with plenty of time flexibility to finish my projects, so my professional life does not suffer. But suffering it did for a LONG TIME.

I'm also involved in a lot of sports (Running, Crossfit, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Biking) so that helps me to focus on things.

I take no medication whatsoever, but I have a VERY healthy diet. That also works wonders
Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
I know I have it,just haven't been told I do.

Idk about your interview. Maybe just keep eye contact,try to listen.tell yourself its only for a little while

Ask questions?

Good luck with interview.

I'm able to finish everything at work,at home when I do finish something,it feels even better.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
No Rangers Here is on a distinguished road

Army: Apache helicopter repairman 15R
Name: jordan
No Rangers Here's Tacoma Gallery
i personaly caffine as a stimulant but it affect everybody differently
Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
You have to make your self focus. Listen and watch their mouth and look them in the eyes. Dont get side tracked with a whole different thought while theyre talking otherwise its hard to get back on track.

Thats one of my issues is i think about other things while people are talking.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #6
motoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant futuremotoxer311 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I was diagnoased @ age 37 with ADHD. It consumes my life, luckily I EVENTUALLY got a job with plenty of time flexibility to finish my projects, so my professional life does not suffer. But suffering it did for a LONG TIME.

I'm also involved in a lot of sports (Running, Crossfit, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Biking) so that helps me to focus on things.

I take no medication whatsoever, but I have a VERY healthy diet. That also works wonders
Been working on my diet, started eating cereal again lately.. My girl goes to the gym and I've been wanting to force myself to go, again my ADD hits there and I grow bored quick.. Crossfit looks more like something I could pay attention too as it's not the same everyday and it's not sitting in one spot for hours..

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Rangers Here View Post
i personaly caffine as a stimulant but it affect everybody differently
I've heard the same.. Same company I use to work at but decided to take a break and try to pursue my own business.. I would always hit up DD in the am and get my coffee, I am thinking I should get back in my same routine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
You have to make your self focus. Listen and watch their mouth and look them in the eyes. Dont get side tracked with a whole different thought while theyre talking otherwise its hard to get back on track.

Thats one of my issues is i think about other things while people are talking.
Eye contact is key in most cases.. I'm not sure if I will eventually have an in person interview, I was told it will be just over the phone.. Won't know for sure till they say so..

Driving on the roads I tend to daze off also unless I'm speeding.. lol

I've tried Concerta in the past but would rather just adjust what I'm doing to to address the issue..
Old 11-24-2012, 06:54 AM   #7
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Squirrel!

I have found that practicing things like talking slower, and taking two seconds to double think everything I do really helps
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So much to think about!

A phone interview can be tough for someone with add. Set your self up for success before the interview buy making sure thats things that can distract you are not around you. People, tv, radio, ect... taking notes my help but it may also be a distraction because people like us tend to over analyze while we think.

I feel you on the driving. If i am notvdriving aggresivly i tend to zone out......

Meds dont help me, they put me to sleep and give me a really shitty attitude.

I think you'll do fine on the phone interview. Just minimize distractions and fouce on the voice on the other end of the line. Good luck man.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
stokes.greg is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
stokes.greg's Tacoma Gallery
I found out when I was 18 that I had ADHD and severe dyslexia. The only thing that can hold my focus is airplanes and old cars. Anything else I'm out in left field looking for four leaf clovers.

It took my ten minutes type this cause the tv is on. Hey look a Pennie.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #10
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
You can probably score Aderall. And take a pill right before your interview.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:13 PM   #12
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
You can probably score Aderall. And take a pill right before your interview.
Illegal drug use unless one has an rx for it. Also i dont recommand taking it before something importent if one is not used to its effects.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Illegal drug use unless one has an rx for it. Also i dont recommand taking it before something importent if one is not used to its effects.
Ilegall ehhh....

But you're right about the effects. Who knows how he would react. I've never tooken it. But I heard its not that bad (as far as side effects) you're just super concentrated.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #14
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Regardless of how risky it may or may not be, this thread will be gone in 60 seconds if the mods catch wind that illegal activity is being discussed.

OP, just spend the time between now and the interview forcing yourself to focus. My situation varies and I'll often find myself quite easily distracted. I have to find something interesting in everything that a person says, without allowing it to take me off on a tangent in my own head that will have me miss the next 3 sentences.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #15
revised
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Ilegall ehhh....

But you're right about the effects. Who knows how he would react. I've never tooken it. But I heard its not that bad (as far as side effects) you're just super concentrated.
ADD medication is not someting to "tooken". The medication causes one to become tired if they actually have ADD. I hate the stuff and wont take it. Leaves me feeling like shit all day and it gives a terrible attitude.

All natural works best. Better to learn how to cope without meds.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #17
stokes.greg is on a distinguished road

Name: Greg
stokes.greg's Tacoma Gallery
I've tried all the pills they make for ADHD if your chemical in your brain does want to slow down the pills will only speed up the rest of your body. They worked like crack for me I don't sleep and can't stop moving but I do pay more attention.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #18
I've taken Concerta in the past, kept me wide awake and focused on my work.. I'd take it at 7:30am every morning and it lasted all day.. Never had the 3pm food comma after using it either.. IMO it worked great but lacking insurance I have no cheap way of getting it..
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
Sign up for Luminosity. It has training tests for focus and decision-making, amongst others. $ much better spent than on becoming a pharmaceutical zombie.
Trying it out.. Thx sir!