LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Guys and Manicures (w/poll)

View Poll Results: Guys and Manicures... (MALE ONLY)
I've had a manicure, and would do it again 23 17.42%
I've had a manicure, and would never do it again 2 1.52%
I would never get a manicure, thats a female thing only 31 23.48%
I would never get a manicure, guys hands are meant to be scruffy and dirty 38 28.79%
Never really though about it, and don't really care (even though I wasted time voting anyways) 38 28.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #21
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
I got a pedicure once, even got my toe nails painted royal purple.

Now before you start judging, I'll give you the background on this escapade.

I lost my mom this past February to a terminal illness that we knew about for three years. The last mothers day i had with her, before she passed away I took her in for a mani pedi as part of her gift. When it was her turn to get up in the pedicure chair thing, as I was picking her up out of her wheelchair, she looks at me and says "I don't want to be up there alone" she was very self conscious of about people staring because of what the Parkinson's / Lou Gerhigs was doing to her motor control. So I said I'd get up there and get one with her. Then I made the joke of "what color should I get them?" she started laughing and said purple... So I told the lady to paint them purple even let me mom pick the shade of the polish.

My mom laughed for over 45 minutes straight. Laughed till she cried. You have to picture me, broad shouldered, heavily tattooed biker or Asian gang banger looking dude... Getting his toenails painted bright royal purple. Everyone in the spa was staring at us and my mom was soo happy.

Not a thing in this world could ever have made me ashamed of rocking those purple toenails under my work boots for a month. If I could have her back, I would get my toenails done every year for mothers day. Just to see her laugh like that again.

And it made my feet look pretty LOL
Old 11-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #22
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post

I lost my mom this past February to a terminal illness that we knew about for three years. The last mothers day i had with her, before she passed away I took her in for a mani pedi as part of her gift. When it was her turn to get up in the pedicure chair thing, as I was picking her up out of her wheelchair, she looks at me and says "I don't want to be up there alone" she was very self conscious of about people staring because of what the Parkinson's / Lou Gerhigs was doing to her motor control. So I said I'd get up there and get one with her. Then I made the joke of "what color should I get them?" she started laughing and said purple... So I told the lady to paint them purple even let me mom pick the shade of the polish.

My mom laughed for over 45 minutes straight. Laughed till she cried. You have to picture me, broad shouldered, heavily tattooed biker or Asian gang banger looking dude... Getting his toenails painted bright royal purple. Everyone in the spa was staring at us and my mom was soo happy.

Not a thing in this world could ever have made me ashamed of rocking those purple toenails under my work boots for a month. If I could have her back, I would get my toenails done every year for mothers day. Just to see her laugh like that again.

Great story man.....sorry for your loss!
Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 AM   #23
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

You are a friggen hero, Kilted. You made your mom happy at a time when she was hurting, when she was scared and concerned about her image. I only wish that I could do something like that for my mom before she passed. I massaged her feet on the day she went but I wish I could have had her laugh like you did.

She raised her son right. You are a very good man. Even though you are working on Yakuza.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
OP:
HAHGAY.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utxb-kzvFZU
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #25
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Umm.. bad timing, Max.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #26
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I saw that after I posted. Figured I'd just roll with it and look like an insensitive douche. Though it's directed at the OP.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #27
CaptQuinn is on a distinguished road

Name: Quinn
CaptQuinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

^^^
This

Thats a great story man.

I had my feet done once, once. My story isn't as powerful as yours but thats okay right? My daughter had a slumber party when she was about 10 and I took all the giggling girls out to the salon, they "made" me do it!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #28
Poor Impulse Control
KiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiltedRonin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronin
KiltedRonin's Tacoma Gallery
Nah, it's all good. Im not offended what so ever. Like I said, nothing anyone could say would have ever changed my mind about doing it. There was a 16 ish year old girl getting her toes done to the other side of me while I was getting mine painted.. She actually said "I can't believe you're doing that" to which I replied "you wouldn't do something crazy and fun for your mom when she's ill?" then just shook my head and ignored her.

A few days later went to a party at a buddies house, took off my shoes and socks for some reason or another... Had someone there that didn't really know me well try to make fun of my feet.. I ignored him, and someone else filled him in. He was pretty apologetic. Like I said, I have no need to defend myself, because inside me, there is the knowledge that there is NOTHING that needs to be defended.

Thanks for the kind words guys and gals
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #29
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Man that is an awesome story. Glad you made your mom happy. More people should think and do things like that for others.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 AM   #30
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sorry for your loss... This would be the only reason it is ok to do for a man. You did right by your mom, that's what counts.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #31
The Ayatollah of Asshollah
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, kilted, that's heatrfelt, if I were you, hell yeah i'd rock it, and also to another poster who had daughters, sure i'd probably do that too
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #32
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
My ex asked me to go with her one time. I was all in love with her at the time and said screw it, I'll give it a go, she was paying so why not. I really just went for the massage and all and becasue I really like my feet rubbed.
OP you should have added a vote, I have done it and might consider it again if the circumstances were right.
As for the guys I see when I walk by a salon in there getting the paws pampered. If its a regular thing....kind of feminine, says alot about you IMO. There is a word out there about guys like that...metrosexual.
Most of us in here are pretty "handy" so when we use our hands they get fucked up, we are men, thats what they are for, leave the looking pretty to the ladies.
As far as getting a Pedicure....YOLO

Kilted that is a bitchin story bro my hat is off to you. Great writing, you had me picturing you exactly.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #33
Creeper
DanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanglingFury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Keith
DanglingFury's Tacoma Gallery
you serious?

a manicure is nothing more than a waste of time and money.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
I think everyone kinda took my post as if I was asking for your suggestions for myself. Just to clarify so that all of TW doesn't think I'm "metro" I'm not planning on getting this done. I agree with most of you. I was just curious since my roommate was all proud of it if this was normal for guys and I was just missing something
Old 11-24-2012, 12:19 PM   #36
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
I got a manicure and a pedicure once, the day before my wedding. I'm fine with clippers and sandpaper!
Old 11-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #37
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectTekniq View Post
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #39
Thin Blue Line

Again
Old 11-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #40
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Wo-manicure