Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Guys and Manicures (w/poll)

View Poll Results: Guys and Manicures... (MALE ONLY)
I've had a manicure, and would do it again 23 17.42%
I've had a manicure, and would never do it again 2 1.52%
I would never get a manicure, thats a female thing only 31 23.48%
I would never get a manicure, guys hands are meant to be scruffy and dirty 38 28.79%
Never really though about it, and don't really care (even though I wasted time voting anyways) 38 28.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #61
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiltedRonin View Post
I got a pedicure once, even got my toe nails painted royal purple.

Now before you start judging, I'll give you the background on this escapade.

I lost my mom this past February to a terminal illness that we knew about for three years. The last mothers day i had with her, before she passed away I took her in for a mani pedi as part of her gift. When it was her turn to get up in the pedicure chair thing, as I was picking her up out of her wheelchair, she looks at me and says "I don't want to be up there alone" she was very self conscious of about people staring because of what the Parkinson's / Lou Gerhigs was doing to her motor control. So I said I'd get up there and get one with her. Then I made the joke of "what color should I get them?" she started laughing and said purple... So I told the lady to paint them purple even let me mom pick the shade of the polish.

My mom laughed for over 45 minutes straight. Laughed till she cried. You have to picture me, broad shouldered, heavily tattooed biker or Asian gang banger looking dude... Getting his toenails painted bright royal purple. Everyone in the spa was staring at us and my mom was soo happy.

Not a thing in this world could ever have made me ashamed of rocking those purple toenails under my work boots for a month. If I could have her back, I would get my toenails done every year for mothers day. Just to see her laugh like that again.

And it made my feet look pretty LOL
Touching story, you rock Ronin!

You also happen to be the only person so far to present a valid reason IMO. But, to each his own.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #62
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the laughs, there is some funny shit said in here.

Ronin, your still the man.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #63
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colby
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
My wife loves to give me manicures and she even likes to paint my toe nails (work won't allow me to have painted fingernails otherwise I'd have her paint them too). I've got a pretty sweet purple on right now.

The best part is women LOVE my painted toe nails. I get hit on so much by women and its a great ice breaker. I was painting my toe nails/finger nails at the age of 13 and never stopped until jobs told me I couldn't (Still painted the toe nails). My wife thought it was awesome when she meet me and we first started dating that she could paint my nails. Hell I own more nail polish than she does now after the 12 years we've been together.

In my world, a real man doesn't care what others think of him. You should see some of the ridiculous shit I go through for my wife to make her smile.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #64
Paint me back in Wyoming again...
45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed45acp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
45acp's Tacoma Gallery
Got a manicure once during a CNA course I took. None of that paint shit though. No desire to get that done again haha
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #65
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy of mine had his done (as instructed) for his wedding pictures

we gave him crap for it
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #66
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I voted I don't care. But... I get in-grown toe nails, and pedicures are WAY cheaper than visits to the podiatrist, sooooo.... :O
Old 12-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #67
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
theres no choice for ive never had one and dont care but would probably get one if if got me in...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #68
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
My wife loves to give me manicures and she even likes to paint my toe nails (work won't allow me to have painted fingernails otherwise I'd have her paint them too). I've got a pretty sweet purple on right now.

The best part is women LOVE my painted toe nails. I get hit on so much by women and its a great ice breaker. I was painting my toe nails/finger nails at the age of 13 and never stopped until jobs told me I couldn't (Still painted the toe nails). My wife thought it was awesome when she meet me and we first started dating that she could paint my nails. Hell I own more nail polish than she does now after the 12 years we've been together.

In my world, a real man doesn't care what others think of him. You should see some of the ridiculous shit I go through for my wife to make her smile.
In other words, you need attention? That's what, that says to me. Why would you care if other women hit on you, if your happily married?.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #69
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I've had one a few years back because I had a terrible ingrown toenail and mon said her lady could fix it. And damn sure enough she fixed it. And honestly my feet felt fantastic. I'd do it again.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #70
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post

Troof ^ I've seen them in person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
In other words, you need attention? That's what, that says to me. Why would you care if other women hit on you, if your happily married?.
He has his reasons...it doesn't have to do with him being hit on.

And to add to the discussion, I voted the never really thought about it.....never would get one
Old 12-11-2012, 10:14 PM   #71
spartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedspartanhockey6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Trevor
spartanhockey6's Tacoma Gallery
I'll stick with Go-Jo. haha.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:43 AM   #72
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanhockey6 View Post
I'll stick with Go-Jo. haha.
That shit cleans your hands, like no other. But your hand smell like Go-Jo for a while after, no matter how many times you wash them!