Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Guys and Manicures (w/poll)

View Poll Results: Guys and Manicures... (MALE ONLY)
I've had a manicure, and would do it again 23 17.42%
I've had a manicure, and would never do it again 2 1.52%
I would never get a manicure, thats a female thing only 31 23.48%
I would never get a manicure, guys hands are meant to be scruffy and dirty 38 28.79%
Never really though about it, and don't really care (even though I wasted time voting anyways) 38 28.79%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #1
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Guys and Manicures (w/poll)

So my roommate came home with his wife and was showing off his new manicure. I found it quite feminine of him and told him I'd never do that... Then I saw how nice it actually came out and it got me thinking. Im not talking about nail polish and stuff, just cleaning up the nails and cuticles and all the rough skin and crap that guys have on our hands (most of us at least )

So I asked my girlfriend what she thought and her response was "I think you need some time to sort things out in your life." Obviously it was said in a joking way, but she still meant that I was crazy and that a guy getting a manicure is totally gay.

So I came here to good ol' TW to ask the world what they thought. Females opinions welcome as well

Please discuss, and feel free to vote.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
My girlfriend has been trying to get me to go with her and get my toes done. Ill admit they need it. She wants to me to get my hands done too, but my nails are ridiculous short so there would be no point.

I don't wanna go, but I thought about it.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
haha my GF told me it would make more sense to get a pedicure instead. I said how so, and she said so that I dont get ingrown nails -__-

My nails are super super short too (bad habit of biting im trying to break) so I dont think it would do me much good either.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
they're clean, that's good enough, they're torn to shreds and that's fine with me, if a chick want s me to get a fuckin manicure ya might as well paint the damn things while your at it, yeah, bright fuckin pink. Sorry guys, but dudes like me don't get manicures.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
they're clean, that's good enough, they're torn to shreds and that's fine with me, if a chick want s me to get a fuckin manicure ya might as well paint the damn things while your at it, yeah, bright fuckin pink. Sorry guys, but dudes like me don't get manicures.
This. My wife told me that she likes my man hands. Gets her jollys off with me having scarred and rough hands from the gym and busted knuckles.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:59 AM   #6
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
my stepbrother gets both manicures and pedicures and where does he work? ohh that's right, Bloomingdale's. I think it'd be to difficult for him to pick up a shovel.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #7
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
Ummm, no. My sister did manicures and pedicures as a side business for a while. She tried like hell to get me to try it. I told her real men don't get manicures and pedicures. She commented that my cousin gets them. My response: "I rest my case". Never saw my cousin with his hands dirty or doing anything that requires sweat.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 AM   #8
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Took me awhile to build these callouses, I'm not letting them go!

My wife always bugs me to go with her and get a "mani and pedi, it's not gay" but there's no way in hell I'll ever go.....have no desire!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #9
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Not for me. I also think it's a waste of time and money for females to go have that done. My daughter doesn't have a pot to pee in but wouldn't hesititate to pay 30 bucks on her nails.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:26 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
My ex bought me a manicure and a pedicure once. I went cause it was free. Since they included massages it was awesome. I couldnt have really cared about the clean up stuff. i wash my hands.

like going for a body massage basically. it kicked ass to be pampered but I wouldnt waste my own money on anything besides a massage.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #11
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
Your room-mate pees sitting down, I'll bet. Its kind of a pre-requisite for getting a manicure.

You can do whatever you want with your hands....free country and all that. I don't even wear my wedding ring on my hands cause I destroy them if I do (my hands get into some tight and icky spots all the time, plus capacitors), so a manicure would really be trying to put lipstick on a pig.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #12
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Whats wrong with peeing sitting down. Sometimes a guys just too drunk to stand.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #14
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
#1 It's ghey. Is my opinion. WTF do you care how nice your hands and nails look? My hands look like shit right now, because they are dry, and my knuckles are cracked cause of it.

#2 it's still ghey, but the only way you could get away with it, is say your girlfriend wanted to do it herself to your hands. My wife when we first started dating, used to like to cut my fingernails. So whatever, by all means, cut away. Now I'm back to ripping them off
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #15
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I don't object to them and don't think it is too machismo to get one, I just have better things to spend money on. That being said, it is not gay to get one or think about getting one, no one should judge you on that. What is gay, is starting a poll about whether or not you should get your nails done Nancy.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #16
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
my wife keeps trying to get me to go have a pedicure because i was callouses on my feet from my work boots. not going to happen. i just get the dremel out, put on a sanding wheel and go to town. problem solved.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #17
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
My wife cuts my nails and toe nails if I don't bite them off first (finger nails). She mainly cuts my toe nails cause I keep attacking her with them at night. She always holds puntang in the balance to coax me into it though
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #18
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Heck I don't even get manicures. As long as you keep yourself clean and trimmed you should be okay. It doesn't take much to have healthy finger tips. Besides, depending upon the work you do, it's nonsense to spend the money to only to thrash the work.

I work in a large cooler, in a produce warehouse with me handling dirty wet/frozen cases that can weigh up to 70lbs. Lifting, sorting, inspecting produce and exposure to moisture does awful things to hands/nails skin. Granted I wear three different types of gloves, working with hands in this type of job will tear up any kind of manicure I get.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #20
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldn't pay to get it done, but if someone else is gonna pay, why not?

some of you guys must be insecure or something. they're not cutting your nuts off and painting your dick pink, they're just cleaning your nails.