1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Guys and Manicures (w/poll)

Discussion in 'Health' started by ProForce, Nov 24, 2012.

?

Guys and Manicures... (MALE ONLY)

Poll closed Dec 24, 2012.
  1. I've had a manicure, and would do it again

23 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. I've had a manicure, and would never do it again

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. I would never get a manicure, thats a female thing only

31 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. I would never get a manicure, guys hands are meant to be scruffy and dirty

38 vote(s)
    28.8%
  5. Never really though about it, and don't really care (even though I wasted time voting anyways)

38 vote(s)
    28.8%
  1. Nov 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    So my roommate came home with his wife and was showing off his new manicure. I found it quite feminine of him and told him I'd never do that... Then I saw how nice it actually came out and it got me thinking. Im not talking about nail polish and stuff, just cleaning up the nails and cuticles and all the rough skin and crap that guys have on our hands (most of us at least :anonymous: )

So I asked my girlfriend what she thought and her response was "I think you need some time to sort things out in your life." Obviously it was said in a joking way, but she still meant that I was crazy and that a guy getting a manicure is totally gay.

So I came here to good ol' TW to ask the world what they thought. Females opinions welcome as well :)

Please discuss, and feel free to vote.

2. Nov 24, 2012 at 12:58 AM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    My girlfriend has been trying to get me to go with her and get my toes done. Ill admit they need it. She wants to me to get my hands done too, but my nails are ridiculous short so there would be no point.

I don't wanna go, but I thought about it.

3. Nov 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM
    ProForce

ProForce [OP] IG @proforce.expeditions OB#5411

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    SoCal - Fontana
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM TRD Sport DCSB 4.0 Auto 2wd
    Too many to list. See build page. Link in signature
    haha my GF told me it would make more sense to get a pedicure instead. I said how so, and she said so that I dont get ingrown nails -__-

My nails are super super short too (bad habit of biting im trying to break) so I dont think it would do me much good either.

4. Nov 24, 2012 at 1:08 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    they're clean, that's good enough, they're torn to shreds and that's fine with me, if a chick want s me to get a fuckin manicure ya might as well paint the damn things while your at it, yeah, bright fuckin pink. Sorry guys, but dudes like me don't get manicures.

5. Nov 24, 2012 at 2:39 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    This. My wife told me that she likes my man hands. Gets her jollys off with me having scarred and rough hands from the gym and busted knuckles.

6. Nov 24, 2012 at 2:59 AM
    tvbd56

tvbd56 Epic Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Sacramento, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCLB OR 4x4
    my stepbrother gets both manicures and pedicures and where does he work? ohh that's right, Bloomingdale's. I think it'd be to difficult for him to pick up a shovel.

7. Nov 24, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    Ummm, no. My sister did manicures and pedicures as a side business for a while. She tried like hell to get me to try it. I told her real men don't get manicures and pedicures. She commented that my cousin gets them. My response: "I rest my case". Never saw my cousin with his hands dirty or doing anything that requires sweat.

8. Nov 24, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    Took me awhile to build these callouses, I'm not letting them go!

My wife always bugs me to go with her and get a "mani and pedi, it's not gay" but there's no way in hell I'll ever go.....have no desire!

9. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    Not for me. I also think it's a waste of time and money for females to go have that done. My daughter doesn't have a pot to pee in but wouldn't hesititate to pay 30 bucks on her nails.

10. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:26 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    My ex bought me a manicure and a pedicure once. I went cause it was free. Since they included massages it was awesome. I couldnt have really cared about the clean up stuff. i wash my hands.

like going for a body massage basically. it kicked ass to be pampered but I wouldnt waste my own money on anything besides a massage.

11. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:38 AM
    Xaks

Xaks Cranky & often armed sysadmin

Member:
    First Name:
    Xaks
    Oklahoma City area
    Vehicle:
    work beast '06 reg cab 4 cyl 5 spd
    Your room-mate pees sitting down, I'll bet. Its kind of a pre-requisite for getting a manicure.

You can do whatever you want with your hands....free country and all that. I don't even wear my wedding ring on my hands cause I destroy them if I do (my hands get into some tight and icky spots all the time, plus capacitors), so a manicure would really be trying to put lipstick on a pig.

12. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk I support a velociraptor free workplace.

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcelasaurus
    AB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    The Scarlett Whore
    Check Build Thread!!
    Whats wrong with peeing sitting down. Sometimes a guys just too drunk to stand.

13. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    I was in a wedding party and the groom had all of us get mani/pedicures. Frickin' weird. Although, after spending a while camping along the Amazon, I got a pedi afterwards for the massage and to slough off all the dead skin. Looked like I had zombie feet.

14. Nov 24, 2012 at 5:54 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    #1 It's ghey. Is my opinion. WTF do you care how nice your hands and nails look? My hands look like shit right now, because they are dry, and my knuckles are cracked cause of it.

#2 it's still ghey, but the only way you could get away with it, is say your girlfriend wanted to do it herself to your hands. My wife when we first started dating, used to like to cut my fingernails. So whatever, by all means, cut away. Now I'm back to ripping them off :D

15. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    I don't object to them and don't think it is too machismo to get one, I just have better things to spend money on. That being said, it is not gay to get one or think about getting one, no one should judge you on that. What is gay, is starting a poll about whether or not you should get your nails done Nancy.:p

16. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:01 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    my wife keeps trying to get me to go have a pedicure because i was callouses on my feet from my work boots. not going to happen. i just get the dremel out, put on a sanding wheel and go to town. problem solved.

17. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:07 AM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    My wife cuts my nails and toe nails if I don't bite them off first (finger nails). She mainly cuts my toe nails cause I keep attacking her with them at night. She always holds puntang in the balance to coax me into it though :rolleyes:

18. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:11 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Heck I don't even get manicures. As long as you keep yourself clean and trimmed you should be okay. It doesn't take much to have healthy finger tips. Besides, depending upon the work you do, it's nonsense to spend the money to only to thrash the work.

I work in a large cooler, in a produce warehouse with me handling dirty wet/frozen cases that can weigh up to 70lbs. Lifting, sorting, inspecting produce and exposure to moisture does awful things to hands/nails skin. Granted I wear three different types of gloves, working with hands in this type of job will tear up any kind of manicure I get.

19. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    I wouldn't get one although I heard Mike Tyson gets them. To me its along the same lines as trimming / plucking your eye brows. I think its called Metro Sexual .

20. Nov 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    i wouldn't pay to get it done, but if someone else is gonna pay, why not?

some of you guys must be insecure or something. they're not cutting your nuts off and painting your dick pink, they're just cleaning your nails.

Products Discussed in

To Top