Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Bought a NEW bed last night - took 1,000 off

Old 11-24-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Bought a NEW bed last night - took 1,000 off

So, first I call Macy's to buy one the their cheapest beds on the black friday sale. The chick that I talk to was actually really---really helpful, told me all the info I needed when looking into a bed she didn't even want me to buy the bed she said it wasn't worth it.

So the wife and I drive down to the local mattress shop and start laying on beds and fine one we like

ORIGINALLY THE PRICE WAS 1,600 - Too much for us right now
REGULAR SALE PRICE WAS 1,150 - Better
BLACK FRIDAY SALE PRICE 1,000 - Decent

He saw my Tacoma when I pulled up and asked if I would pick-up and haul it, hell why not...

SO, PICK-UP PRICE 800.00 - SWEET DONE DEAL

Then he ran my credit for financing, I know I have good credit. Last time I checked it was 830.... Anyways I told him I have no idea why it wouldn't accept it.

So finally he tells me I have two choices....

1. Buy just the top mattress now for 500, then the box spring next time for 300

2. Take it all right now for $600 flat!!!!

UHMMMM F%$@ING SOLD BOSS!

Moral of the story, never walk away with the original price of the stores. They can always work with you. I have a similar story with my cable.

If you have any stories like this, please share!!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy gave me 20 bucks to pick up his new bed when he bought it. other than that, i dont have much luck at stores.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Nice sounds like you got a great deal! I sent around 2k for my mattress so 600 is a GREAT PRICE!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
my buddy gave me 20 bucks to pick up his new bed when he bought it. other than that, i dont have much luck at stores.

Well that sucks man, I'm sorry. Maybe try this one with your cable company

I was tired of my slow internet and wanted to stop service... they tried so hard to get me to stay!

I got an upgrade to the fastest high speed internet they offered and some extra football channels.

Im just trying help, maybe ya'll can use these same tactics. GOOD LUCK!
Old 11-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svach11 View Post
Well that sucks man, I'm sorry. Maybe try this one with your cable company

I was tired of my slow internet and wanted to stop service... they tried so hard to get me to stay!

I got an upgrade to the fastest high speed internet they offered and some extra football channels.

Im just trying help, maybe ya'll can use these same tactics. GOOD LUCK!
you have charter huh? same thing just happened to my house, also got the internet all redone as well.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
you have charter huh? same thing just happened to my house, also got the internet all redone as well.

Nice, its too easy right!?
But I have Stupid Time Warner Cable.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Goodwill maybe? The only place I've ever taken a bed was the dump