LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Elevation Training Mask

Old 11-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Ian
greenguy3's Tacoma Gallery
Elevation Training Mask

Has any one tried incorporating an elevation training mask into their workout like the one linked below?
http://www.trainingmask.com/products...-MASK-2.0.html
I'm really thinking about getting one and trying it out and seeing where it takes me.

Pros/cons if anyone has tried it...other than "holy shit it's hard to breathe!"
Old 11-29-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Never tried one but I'd imagine you'd need to wear it for more time than just during a workout to get optimal results.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i saw something about this on fb, looks like a good system if you live down south, people in colorado probably don't need this haha
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #4
Davidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really niceDavidd is just really nice

Name: David
Davidd's Tacoma Gallery
There are no actual studies done that show the affects of this masks. Technically all altitude training has been done on endurance athletes (runners, cyclist etc.) and has shown benefits for them because they train for long periods and the studies are done for a lengthy time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16338719

That study above is the closest study to interval training with altitude. 1 group was focused training at sea level while the other was 2750m above sea level in a simulated chamber.
At the end of 4 weeks there was no difference in v02s.

I would not purchase until i see a study from the mask itself.

my .02 cents
Old 03-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Longo118 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Engine man
Longo118's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
There are no actual studies done that show the affects of this masks. Technically all altitude training has been done on endurance athletes (runners, cyclist etc.) and has shown benefits for them because they train for long periods and the studies are done for a lengthy time.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16338719

That study above is the closest study to interval training with altitude. 1 group was focused training at sea level while the other was 2750m above sea level in a simulated chamber.
At the end of 4 weeks there was no difference in v02s.

I would not purchase until i see a study from the mask itself.

my .02 cents
I could not side with you more on this. Im going to try and not make this post long and dragged out but long story short, the mask is supposed to be a quick and easy way to clone the results from either blood doping, or elevation training. Both options have the same exact effect on the body. It allows your body to make extra red blood cells (which recovers and nourishes muscles) at an alarming rate. The mask has brought tons of controversy to the fitness and health world about whether it works or not. Im a personal trainer, Strength Athlete and I own my own sports performance gym and ive seen the mask come and go with all types of athletes and fitness enthusiasts and I honestly believe it does not give the results it offers. Although, I do believe it does benefit athletes but in much different ways.

If you are looking for a legal effective way to reproduce red blood cells you can either train at high altitudes (colorado) or look into a hyperbaric chamber, they are extremely expensive for personal possession but many gyms across the nation actually have them for their clients. Hope I was some sort of help!