Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Trail or cross country running / jogging

Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Trail or cross country running / jogging

Anyone else into it?

I've spent years biking (road & mountain), jumping rope, compressing time between sets during working out etc. But, until recently have not had a satisfactory cardio work out (road bike being an occasional exception) or at least one that I enjoyed enough to look forward to.

I recently (some months ago) discovered some trails made near a lake close to my home and have been doing it almost daily for a few months.

I'm bringing this up because, at least for those that are like me, cardio has always been dreaded. I'd recommend giving it a try if you are otherwise frustrated with other methods.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hear what you are saying from a monotony standpoint but not sure how you cannot change your ride speed and/or ride time/distance on road or trail to not get a sufficient cardio workout. I myself do not enjoy shin splints or ankle pain from running and like covering more ground on a bike. More options = more enjoyment tho and running trails would be so much more enjoyable that any sidewalk or track. Do what keeps you exercising.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
I have always preferred running on trails and offroad, but I get bored doing it by myself. I joined up with some other runners who like to drink beer. It sounds odd, at first, but check it out. TH3.org.

I have always had pain from running. After taking the time to make a proper switch, Vibram 5 fingers have eliminated my pain from the ankle and up. My metatarsals ache occasionally, but that's from occasional bad form. Vibrams also drain faster after water crossings.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Hear what you are saying from a monotony standpoint but not sure how you cannot change your ride speed and/or ride time/distance on road or trail to not get a sufficient cardio workout. I myself do not enjoy shin splints or ankle pain from running and like covering more ground on a bike. More options = more enjoyment tho and running trails would be so much more enjoyable that any sidewalk or track. Do what keeps you exercising.

Right, I could get the work out and biking used to be on top of the list it's just that I know look forward to trail running where as I was getting board with biking...which kinds sux because I used to really enjoy it!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #5

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
I have always preferred running on trails and offroad, but I get bored doing it by myself. I joined up with some other runners who like to drink beer. It sounds odd, at first, but check it out. TH3.org.

I have always had pain from running. After taking the time to make a proper switch, Vibram 5 fingers have eliminated my pain from the ankle and up. My metatarsals ache occasionally, but that's from occasional bad form. Vibrams also drain faster after water crossings.

Cool cool, it's still new to me and I'm pretty pumped to have found it!

Beer...check out a Flying Saucer sometime, if you've not already, we often bike then drink.