1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

extreme lower back pain

Discussion in 'Health' started by rickmeseke, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:22 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Chiro isn't fully covered in BC , I pay $75 first visit , $45 subsequent visit

2. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Not fully covered here either. Not for me at least. I pay 27$ for an adjustment. More for electric acupuncture,forgot what its called.

3. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    I've been experiencing the same back pain for four months now. Hurt it picking up my son while seated...decided it was fine and played a round of golf...destroyed my back. Then a month later I was feeling good at the gym so I decided to play basketball...destroyed my back again. Went to see a chiropractor and he told me my spine and neck are jacked up. Then presented me with a $7000 treatment program which I laughed at. Now I have to stretch 3 times a day or I can't walk.
    Stretching and heat therapy seems to work best for me.
    Hope you feel better soon.

4. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    Yea my problem is spasms and muscle knots. I'm supposed to stretch more and not drink coffee,good luck with that.

5. Dec 24, 2012 at 9:48 AM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    $7 ? You should have just gone to a different practioner

6. Dec 24, 2012 at 11:03 AM
    sammy87

sammy87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    co
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD SPORT 4X4
    There were a ton of Canucks at my Wife's school in Hotlanta. Aparantly they had a really competitive club hockey team.

$7k for a plan???? Wow, hope it works out for you. Unfortunately there are a lot of chiro cons in the industry. Its a problem and gives the profession a bad rep.

7. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:32 PM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    7k for a three month twice a week visit for posture correction.

8. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:47 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    $290 / visit is a rip off

9. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    saf023

saf023 Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Coast
    Vehicle:
    2nd Gen TRD Sport DCSB 4X4
    I'm no doctor but I have struggled with lower back issues for years. The hydrcodones you were taking do nothing but mask the pain. What I've always been treated with is a combination of rest and muscle relaxers. A way of determining if this is the right approach for you is to try ice compresses and see if this gives you temporary relief.

Sorry but I would not waste my money on the chiro unless you had a chronic problem before this all happened. I'd go with rest and muscle relaxers. As soon as I could do them without pain, I'd get myself an inclinde, bent-knee situp bench and start a daily objective to build your core (muscles). I'd also consider the use of an inversion table where for about a year (while I was building my core) I was maintaining alignment.

I can tell you this works for me...

10. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    I paid $800 something for 32 visits at a local place and they do the electric deal before hand, rub you down for a few minutes before your adjustment, and put any biofreeze or whatever if you need it. First visit was also free and a free x-ray if you need it if you are referred by someone. May want to shop around if you're paying almost what I did for 32 visits PER visit . . . ouch.

11. Dec 24, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Chiro isn't just for chronic problems

Best of luck OP

12. Dec 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    The chiropractor helped me out alot also. Before my surgery not so much, sometimes he aggravated the injury, but after i recovered from surgery going to the chiropractor twice a week and daily stretching pretty much got me back to full strength. I am considering starting to go every two weeks beause i have had some nerve pain recently.

13. Dec 24, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    I suggest you go to a doctor and be referred to a chiropractor.

But first, you will not be able to avoid lower back pain without making lifestyle changes.

If your abdominal muscles are weak and if you have a belly, your lower back is going to suffer greatly.

Also, wear lighter shoes that are wide enough to fit your feet.

14. Dec 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    Tylerm5000

Tylerm5000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 2.7l reg cab 4x4 5-speed red pearl
    Alcan stock height 4-leaf springs, greaseable main eye bolts, OME greaseable shackles, all energy suspension bushings, 2-row extra deep radiator, KYB gas-a-just shocks. ALL LED exterior and interior lighting including custom tail lights and blinkers.
    Nothing is going to fix it unless you are more active. Surgery will be a waste.

Tyler M. RN

15. Dec 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Maybe in his case, i don't think that is true in everyones case.

16. Dec 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM
    Kolunatic

Kolunatic Broke ass

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 DC peerunner
    After awhile you start collecting stuff to try. I've got an inversion table,works good. I've also got muscle relaxers,I try to take them when needed cuz I feel it in the morning. I'm supposed to take them every night.
    I've also got flat feet,it doesn't help matters. But I got the insoles from good feet,they help along with Danner Instigator work boots,these help a lot. I've still not found a better work boot,I've tried about all of them,I just donate them after a couple days.
    I try to get regular adjustments at chiropractor.
    I bust my ass most days as a plumber.
    Rode too many bulls when I was younger,one is too many.
    And wrecked a bunch of cars:)
    All it took was some xrays for my doc to say I'm fkd up. But we do what we gotta do.
    I hope with all the advice given to ya helps. Let us know.

17. Dec 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    Roll Tide

Roll Tide COO COO KACHOO

Member:
    First Name:
    Q
    Here and there. Sometimes.
    Vehicle:
    01 T4R
    Head unit. That's it.
    Tennis ball against the wall works well too. Loosens up the muscles!

18. Dec 24, 2012 at 6:03 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light
    Sure sounds like a herniated disc. Only way to know for sure would be a lumbar and sacral MRI. For now I would suggest you start taking 800mg ibuprofen 3 - 4 times a day, always take it with food.

19. Dec 26, 2012 at 8:21 AM
    rickmeseke

rickmeseke [OP] subaru of america

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Brunswick, GA
    Vehicle:
    a white truck
    i dont think this guy read my original post.

im 21, i drink/drank alot of beer, after highschool (not in HS i played sports, was in amazing shape, but i broke my ankle, and havnt played any sports in years) so i went to beer, and its took its toll on my belly.

which is why, as stated, i started p90x. i was doing it for a month or so until out of no where my back just started hurting. i kept doing it (not as often because my back was still in pain) and now im kind of afraid to do it because theres no way id last.

but anyways, heres an update. so on the 23rd(sunday) i went to books a million and walmart to find the book mentioned a few pages back, neither had it so im gonna order it online today. so i was going to go out bar hopping that night because my buddys sister was in town from chicago and i wanted to give her a good time ;), well had a LONG night, wound of taking care of her back at his house, she was OUT OF IT, so i was picking her up and carrying her, bending down on my ankles alot hunched over, pretty much not doing my back any good. i was pretty out of it aswell so i didnt feel it till i woke up (next to her :cool: ) and could barely move. then christmas night at my uncles alot of moving around doing gifts and all that kind of hurt me aswell, but i woke up this morning and its actually not that bad right now but, i do plan on biting the bullet and going to my moms doctor (he did her back so im just gonna stick to someone ive met) and go into debt yay

20. Dec 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Lol was it worth it? I kept active by swimming. I got a membership to an indoor heated swimming pool and swam everyday. It helped alot.

Products Discussed in

To Top