Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

extreme lower back pain

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #41
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Maybe not in a universal healthcare system. Hence the first exam for $75 with free xrays the OP mentioned, to get you in the door.
Chiro isn't fully covered in BC , I pay $75 first visit , $45 subsequent visit
Old 12-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #42
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Not fully covered here either. Not for me at least. I pay 27$ for an adjustment. More for electric acupuncture,forgot what its called.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #43
Penis Bird
SoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalTacos's Tacoma Gallery
I've been experiencing the same back pain for four months now. Hurt it picking up my son while seated...decided it was fine and played a round of golf...destroyed my back. Then a month later I was feeling good at the gym so I decided to play basketball...destroyed my back again. Went to see a chiropractor and he told me my spine and neck are jacked up. Then presented me with a $7000 treatment program which I laughed at. Now I have to stretch 3 times a day or I can't walk.
Stretching and heat therapy seems to work best for me.
Hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #44
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yea my problem is spasms and muscle knots. I'm supposed to stretch more and not drink coffee,good luck with that.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
I've been experiencing the same back pain for four months now. Hurt it picking up my son while seated...decided it was fine and played a round of golf...destroyed my back. Then a month later I was feeling good at the gym so I decided to play basketball...destroyed my back again. Went to see a chiropractor and he told me my spine and neck are jacked up. Then presented me with a $7000 treatment program which I laughed at. Now I have to stretch 3 times a day or I can't walk.
Stretching and heat therapy seems to work best for me.
Hope you feel better soon.
$7 ? You should have just gone to a different practioner
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #46
sammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsammy87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
sammy87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Chiro isn't fully covered in BC , I pay $75 first visit , $45 subsequent visit
There were a ton of Canucks at my Wife's school in Hotlanta. Aparantly they had a really competitive club hockey team.

$7k for a plan???? Wow, hope it works out for you. Unfortunately there are a lot of chiro cons in the industry. Its a problem and gives the profession a bad rep.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #48

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalTacos View Post
7k for a three month twice a week visit for posture correction.
$290 / visit is a rip off
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #49
saf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nicesaf023 is just really nice
Marines:
saf023's Tacoma Gallery
I'm no doctor but I have struggled with lower back issues for years. The hydrcodones you were taking do nothing but mask the pain. What I've always been treated with is a combination of rest and muscle relaxers. A way of determining if this is the right approach for you is to try ice compresses and see if this gives you temporary relief.

Sorry but I would not waste my money on the chiro unless you had a chronic problem before this all happened. I'd go with rest and muscle relaxers. As soon as I could do them without pain, I'd get myself an inclinde, bent-knee situp bench and start a daily objective to build your core (muscles). I'd also consider the use of an inversion table where for about a year (while I was building my core) I was maintaining alignment.

I can tell you this works for me...
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #50
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $800 something for 32 visits at a local place and they do the electric deal before hand, rub you down for a few minutes before your adjustment, and put any biofreeze or whatever if you need it. First visit was also free and a free x-ray if you need it if you are referred by someone. May want to shop around if you're paying almost what I did for 32 visits PER visit . . . ouch.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #51

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Chiro isn't just for chronic problems

Best of luck OP
Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 PM   #52
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
The chiropractor helped me out alot also. Before my surgery not so much, sometimes he aggravated the injury, but after i recovered from surgery going to the chiropractor twice a week and daily stretching pretty much got me back to full strength. I am considering starting to go every two weeks beause i have had some nerve pain recently.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest you go to a doctor and be referred to a chiropractor.

But first, you will not be able to avoid lower back pain without making lifestyle changes.

If your abdominal muscles are weak and if you have a belly, your lower back is going to suffer greatly.

Also, wear lighter shoes that are wide enough to fit your feet.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
Tylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud ofTylerm5000 has much to be proud of
Name: Tyler
Tylerm5000's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing is going to fix it unless you are more active. Surgery will be a waste.

Tyler M. RN
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #55
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerm5000 View Post
Surgery will be a waste.

Tyler M. RN
Maybe in his case, i don't think that is true in everyones case.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #56
dont tread on me!

After awhile you start collecting stuff to try. I've got an inversion table,works good. I've also got muscle relaxers,I try to take them when needed cuz I feel it in the morning. I'm supposed to take them every night.
I've also got flat feet,it doesn't help matters. But I got the insoles from good feet,they help along with Danner Instigator work boots,these help a lot. I've still not found a better work boot,I've tried about all of them,I just donate them after a couple days.
I try to get regular adjustments at chiropractor.
I bust my ass most days as a plumber.
Rode too many bulls when I was younger,one is too many.
And wrecked a bunch of cars
All it took was some xrays for my doc to say I'm fkd up. But we do what we gotta do.
I hope with all the advice given to ya helps. Let us know.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 PM   #57
Roll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoll Tide is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Quinton
Roll Tide's Tacoma Gallery
Tennis ball against the wall works well too. Loosens up the muscles!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #59
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerm5000 View Post
Nothing is going to fix it unless you are more active. Surgery will be a waste.

Tyler M. RN
i dont think this guy read my original post.

im 21, i drink/drank alot of beer, after highschool (not in HS i played sports, was in amazing shape, but i broke my ankle, and havnt played any sports in years) so i went to beer, and its took its toll on my belly.

which is why, as stated, i started p90x. i was doing it for a month or so until out of no where my back just started hurting. i kept doing it (not as often because my back was still in pain) and now im kind of afraid to do it because theres no way id last.

but anyways, heres an update. so on the 23rd(sunday) i went to books a million and walmart to find the book mentioned a few pages back, neither had it so im gonna order it online today. so i was going to go out bar hopping that night because my buddys sister was in town from chicago and i wanted to give her a good time , well had a LONG night, wound of taking care of her back at his house, she was OUT OF IT, so i was picking her up and carrying her, bending down on my ankles alot hunched over, pretty much not doing my back any good. i was pretty out of it aswell so i didnt feel it till i woke up (next to her ) and could barely move. then christmas night at my uncles alot of moving around doing gifts and all that kind of hurt me aswell, but i woke up this morning and its actually not that bad right now but, i do plan on biting the bullet and going to my moms doctor (he did her back so im just gonna stick to someone ive met) and go into debt yay
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #60

Lol was it worth it? I kept active by swimming. I got a membership to an indoor heated swimming pool and swam everyday. It helped alot.

Products Discussed in this Thread