Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Lucky to be alive after engine mishap

Old 12-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Damn lucky.

Out of curiosity, how heavy is a dressed 454?
Mmm, I looked it up online. Fully dressed, about 700 pounds. I'm still trying to figure out why I'm not dead. Talk about seeing the light, man- that was scary as hell! I think I also got lucky that it was still partly (barely) on the dolly when it was on top of me- that probably saved my ass. And the fact that it was already so low to the ground. I was almost level with the ground when I was pushing it- when it fell on me, I was fully stretched, trying to get the longest stride on a push, so my head and back were about level with the top of the dolly that it was sitting on. That's why it laid me flat out, because I was already so low to the ground and stretched out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomagirl02 View Post
Glad to hear your ok!!
Much thanks- I'm sure as hell glad myself. Now I have to take a week (minimum) off of work to recuperate, but I'm glad it wasn't worse, cos I could be out for longer- or be dead. Definitely glad it wasn't the latter.
Old 12-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #22
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Having a near 800 lbs big block roll over you and getting minimal injuries is a God thing, having your buddy freak and roll off said big block with out crushing more is a God thing. Glad this turned out as well as it did. Just keep posting for a week, it'll help you recover. Whew!!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #23
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
Having a near 800 lbs big block roll over you and getting minimal injuries is a God thing, having your buddy freak and roll off said big block with out crushing more is a God thing. Glad this turned out as well as it did. Just keep posting for a week, it'll help you recover. Whew!!
My wrist was under it longer than my head with how he heaved it off- skinny man strength is crazy! That's something I forgot to mention in my last post- the doc said the wrist isn't broken- there is some nerve damage in the hand from the trauma, though. I'm just grateful to God that things weren't worse. Just can't get over the fact that it could have been my life. He was definitely watching over me yesterday.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #24
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
Back from the Doc, who said I did indeed suffer a grade 2 concussion. I thought I was doing good yesterday, but several symptoms made themselves known today- dizziness, poor balance, sluggishness, the headache that still won't go away, nausea, and blurred vision. Did an MRI (I HATE THOSE) and the initial results were good. No bleeding. I'll have to wait a day or two to get the full results. This has certainly proven to be an eventful Christmas, I'll tell ya that.
No good Kevin. I'm glad it's not worse.

Take care of yourself and let us know your progress.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #25
Hillbilly

I'll let ya know of any developments.
Got the head wound all wrapped up nice and fancy now.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
I'll let ya know of any developments.
Got the head wound all wrapped up nice and fancy now.

Looking good! Heh. I know from personal experience that head wounds bleed a LOT. Glad you're OK, that sounds so scary. Damn. Glad your buddy was there to help.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #27
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Glade thear you're okay. Smart move to get it checked out by the doctor. Merry Christmas and may you see many more in good health.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #28
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Go easy the next couple days..minimize computer and TV, you may be light sensitive like I was.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #29
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA180 View Post
Go easy the next couple days..minimize computer and TV, you may be light sensitive like I was.
Haven't noticed any light sensitivity indoors, but when I was outside yesterday, talking to my neighbor/boss and telling him the Doc said I couldn't work, I did notice my eyes wouldn't stop watering. I don't watch TV (can't afford cable) and the only time I'm on the computer is when I'm here on TW. Which generally amounts to about 20 minutes in a day, tops.
Couldn't sleep last night, hence why I am already up. Head still throbbing. I feel better overall, though. Robert said he's gonna get me some non-aspirin OTC painkillers to try to help, because he said I don't wanna take anything with aspirin in it with a concussion. So I'm waiting for him to get off of work at 9- less than an hour.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #30
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Advil Liqui-Gels are the best..I won't take anything else. Not sure if it was the PC or fluoroescent lighting that got me, but I have a desk job.

If the light starts getting you just wear sunglasses, preferably ones that wrap around the side a little. That is what worked for me.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #31
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Advil Liqui-Gels are the best..I won't take anything else. Not sure if it was the PC or fluoroescent lighting that got me, but I have a desk job.

If the light starts getting you just wear sunglasses, preferably ones that wrap around the side a little. That is what worked for me.
avoid ibuprofren when dealing with bleeding, it thins the blood

if no bleed, then have at it
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #32
Hillbilly

Quote:

He didn't get Liqui-gels, but it's Advil. I don't work a desk job- sometimes I wish I did. I work construction, do a newspaper route, and haul scrap metal to make my rent. A desk job sounds good sometimes. I think my mom has a pair of sunglasses that wraps around the sides. I'll see if I can't find them. She doesn't wear them.
I've still been doing my paper route since the incident- Robert's been helping me, the awesome guy he is. I think I should still be able to take apart small scrap- I'm sure I can strip copper wires without killing myself. I gotta do something. Sitting around will drive me nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
avoid ibuprofren when dealing with bleeding, it thins the blood

if no bleed, then have at it
Robert checked the head wound when he dropped off the Advil. Said it did open and bleed again some time during the night. But it was only a little bit. Do you think it'll be okay to take these Advil?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #33
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Internal bleeding (head) a problem Kevin?
Old 12-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #34
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Internal bleeding (head) a problem Kevin?
The initial report yesterday indicated that there was no noticeable bleeding inside my head, thankfully enough. Glad that there isn't, because that would certainly complicate things.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe just one, if you're not bleeding too much. My accident was blunt force so I didn't have any lacerations.

Desk job is much easier but I still find a way to injure myself working on my house too
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #36

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Concussions an anti coagulants? Not sure, can ya call the doc? I mean you're outpatient...I'm surprise they didn't offer you a pain killer or did you say they did...
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #37
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Concussions an anti coagulants? Not sure, can ya call the doc? I mean you're outpatient...I'm surprise they didn't offer you a pain killer or did you say they did...
He did offer me Amitriptyline, but I'm rather scared to take that- last time I did, it messed me up. Extreme chest pain and some scary hallucinations. I did get a prescription for it from him, but I'm kinda scared to take it after last time.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #38
mrbigbri is on a distinguished road
mrbigbri's Tacoma Gallery
That fact that you were out of it for 15 minutes and no one called 911 or tried to take you to the hospital doesn't say much for the people around you at the time. Seriously.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #39
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigbri View Post
That fact that you were out of it for 15 minutes and no one called 911 or tried to take you to the hospital doesn't say much for the people around you at the time. Seriously.
Kinda what I was thinking upon reading the OP
Old 12-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #40
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
you lucky kid!! i know now that head injuries are serious biz..next time..get to the doc ASAP!

glad you are feeling better. you get a tetanus shot?