Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

Lucky to be alive after engine mishap

Old 12-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #41
I bring the feel goods w/a heavy load of sarcasm
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigbri View Post
That fact that you were out of it for 15 minutes and no one called 911 or tried to take you to the hospital doesn't say much for the people around you at the time. Seriously.
I didn't catch that when I first read it. You should have gone to the er, Christmas eve or not. I think you should still go see a doctor.

I had a football teammate who hit his head playing some flag football. He told the guys he was with he was fine then got hit in the actual football game half a week later and went into convulsions on the field.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #42
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
I didn't catch that when I first read it. You should have gone to the er, Christmas eve or not. I think you should still go see a doctor.

I had a football teammate who hit his head playing some flag football. He told the guys he was with he was fine then got hit in the actual football game half a week later and went into convulsions on the field.
Clash of heads occured in a men's soccer game I was playing in , both of the players were dazed but remained in the game , after the game during the handshakes the player from their team collapsed and was rushed to hospital where he went into a coma
Old 12-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #43
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Get the wrist checked out. I hurt mine, thought it was fine. Ended up making a fracture into a full blown break. Now I have to get screws and have a cast on my right hand (right handed) that makes it impossible to do anything.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:59 PM   #44
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenwick1993 View Post
He did offer me Amitriptyline, but I'm rather scared to take that- last time I did, it messed me up. Extreme chest pain and some scary hallucinations. I did get a prescription for it from him, but I'm kinda scared to take it after last time.
Well that sucks. I would not take that Rx (Amitriptyline) either. Still not sure about putting a blood thinner (Advil) with a head wound???? So, if you're still hurting maybe tell the doc and explain why you don't like the Rx....chest pain ect...

If he doesn't take the time to explain the pros & cons after hearing the effects and you're still in pain (or not really if he won't take time to explain) I'd be looking for a diffetent doc.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #45
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbigbri View Post
That fact that you were out of it for 15 minutes and no one called 911 or tried to take you to the hospital doesn't say much for the people around you at the time. Seriously.
I was conscious- thought I had said that in my post. I was down for a couple minutes while Robert tried to stop the bleeding- it was 15 before I asked for a cigarette. I was responding and all, just dazed. Don't remember all the details, that's for sure, but of course I wouldn't- I was in shock, trying to take it all in. It was just me and Robert there as it was. I feel that he did what he could, and I don't begrudge him for any of his actions.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #46
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Still not sure about putting a blood thinner (Advil) with a head wound????
I was talking about that with Robert today, and he did a bit of internet searching. After what he learned, we agreed Advil shouldn't be used. Don't wanna bleed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
Get the wrist checked out. I hurt mine, thought it was fine. Ended up making a fracture into a full blown break. Now I have to get screws and have a cast on my right hand (right handed) that makes it impossible to do anything.
Got it looked at- nothing broken, just some nerve damage. That sucks about your hand, man- hope the cast time goes by quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
I think you should still go see a doctor.
I ended up seeing the Doc on Christmas Day. Got chastised for not coming in immediately, too. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
you lucky kid!! i know now that head injuries are serious biz..next time..get to the doc ASAP!

glad you are feeling better. you get a tetanus shot?
Yeah, I think next time I'll go right away. Sad I know there will be a next time, but there's no denying that I'm a walking accident.
I looked through my old files- I did get a tetanus shot in 2008, back in 10th grade. I forgot all about that. I got it after getting caught and torn up by the rusty fence catching a baseball during my second-ever varsity game. Didn't catch that ball, by the way. :P
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #48
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
good..i think a tetanus shot is good for 10 years.

we are the same..i get injured all the time. back in the day, the doctor would just jab me with the tetanus shot. i would protest and say.."i just got one!"..he said, "one more couldnt hurt"..

i am an engineer for big construction jobs. every injury we evaluate. you didnt allow yourself an escape route. live and learn kid your playthings will get bigger and more dangerous as time progresses..hahah. i broke out in a sweat when some guy handed me box of high explosives.. i gave it right back.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #49
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post
i am an engineer for big construction jobs. every injury we evaluate. you didnt allow yourself an escape route. live and learn kid your playthings will get bigger and more dangerous as time progresses..hahah. i broke out in a sweat when some guy handed me box of high explosives.. i gave it right back.
Explosives- whew! Craziest exploding things I mess with are guns- oh, and the mini-cannon on New Years. I work in the construction field too- just I'm only a laborer, not an engineer.
Doing considerably better today- head didn't hurt nearly as much, only got dizzy twice. And I reckon the road rash stuff on my back is starting to heal- it's started collecting pus, which as I know from countless experiences, is actually a good sign when it comes to road rash. The gash in my head seems to be healing too- only a little bit of blood. Most of what is coming out of it now is that clear liquid- Robert says he thinks it's plasma?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #50
Hillbilly

Lookin better- the camera makes the caked blood look kinda gray. O_o I took this picture so I could see what it looked like, and I freaked out, thinking it was gray and black like dying flesh- got Robert to look at the wound, and he said I was crazy- it's just dried blood.

I was going to shave my head on Christmas Eve, cos it's getting out of control- the curls are starting to come back, and so is my red hair gingery-ness. (Yup, I'm curly-headed.) But then this happened, so it'll be a few weeks probably before I can safely shave.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #51
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear you're headed in the right direction. Was beginning to wonder when no update was here a while ago...
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #52
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Glad to hear you're headed in the right direction. Was beginning to wonder when no update was here a while ago...
I spent the day down at Robert's- crashed on his couch for most of the day because I've been so tired the past few days. Much quieter at his place than at mine, with my four siblings being out of school on break.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #53
Hillbilly

Progressing more today. Less pain and no dizzy spells so far. Slept well again last night. I should be able to take this stupid bandage crap off my head maybe tomorrow, because it's nearly done in terms of oozing and whatnot.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #54
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah definitely don't shave that..besides getting clippings in the wound it will be impossible not to cut it. I just had a small scratch on the top of my head and found this out the hard way..do as I say not as I do
Old 12-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #55
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
You're super lucky dude!! I dealt with a kid that jumped out of a car and hit his head on gravel, he had bleeding under his skull. You got whacked by a fuckin 454 and lived..

Old 12-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #56
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Gawd damn 454 is an anchor! lucky you're alive dude!

You should still get a check up of some kind.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #57
Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
You're super lucky dude!! I dealt with a kid that jumped out of a car and hit his head on gravel, he had bleeding under his skull. You got whacked by a fuckin 454 and lived..

I don't believe it either... lol. God is definitely real after living through that. And to think I doubted him!
Looks like another hospital trip tomorrow, cos the head wound opened back up. Robert said that since it hadn't bled since last night that I could give it a light cleaning when I went to take a shower, and it opened back up all the way. Freaked out my siblings and my mother, that's for sure. When I went to the doc on Christmas Day, he said the head wound shouldn't need stitches because it was already trying to close up. Well, now that it's open all the way, looks like stitches are in order. :P So looks like I'm going up to the Now Care center tomorrow to get that closed up. I hate going to doctors.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #58
Hillbilly

Well, Robert was going to take me up to the NowCare center today to get stitched up after it re-opened last night, but I went across the street to talk to my boss's sister in law, who is a nurse at CHKD, and she said that it's so old now that they wouldn't stitch it- the most they would do is give me some antibiotics. So it looks like I'm not going to the hospital. She said she'll take another look at it later to see if it has worsened or anything, and we'll go from there.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 AM   #59
Hillbilly

Doing good, I think. Scabs on the road rash are flaking off already, and the gash seems to be healing back up pretty good. It's only bled once in the past two days, and it was only a tiny bit because my boss's dog decided he wanted to dance, put his paws on my shoulder and clipped the wound with his paw. So doing good- there's my update. Also, happy New Years!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #60
tacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacobot's Tacoma Gallery
Good news!
What a close call. Yikes.