Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I Don't Bruise....At All. Anyone The Same?

Old 01-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #21
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I really dont bruise either. I have to get hit really hard in a small area to show anything. I might get a little one every couple years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm52 View Post
i've never had a bruise in my entire life and no I dont live in a bubble.
Played several sports throughout my life, never even broken a bone.
its a weird thing.
Glad I'm not alone here on TW
Old 01-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #22
DikDikerson is on a distinguished road
Name: Devon
DikDikerson's Tacoma Gallery
I don't bruise much either. My doc said having high iron levels in your blood helps with bruise reduction. I'm a thin guy (5'11" and 165lbs) so I though maybe bruises were held in the fat, and since I didn't have any fat I didn't bruise. My thin friends don't bruise either but my husky ones will stay black and blue for weeks.

If you have never ever bruised though, forget iron, you must have steel in your blood.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #23
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Only time I remember ever bruising is when I smash a finger with a hammer.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:55 AM   #24
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Stick a 12 gauge Remington 870 riot shot gun with the butt about 2 inches away from your shoulder with 5 rounds of 00 buck shot and shoot them off in quick succession, pretty sure you'll bruise.
I concur! Even when I have it tight in my shoulder, I still get a bruise from that damn gun!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #25
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DikDikerson View Post
I don't bruise much either. My doc said having high iron levels in your blood helps with bruise reduction. I'm a thin guy (5'11" and 165lbs) so I though maybe bruises were held in the fat, and since I didn't have any fat I didn't bruise. My thin friends don't bruise either but my husky ones will stay black and blue for weeks.

If you have never ever bruised though, forget iron, you must have steel in your blood.
Yea I've heard high iron too. I don't know how. I don't eat special food.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Only time I remember ever bruising is when I smash a finger with a hammer.
That will do it!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #27
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
You must have no blood. It's the only logical solution
Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Not to sound like a dick & all bullshit aside there is little info in this thread of value.

Not in a good way but, I am VERY familiar with bone morrow failure and rare blood diseases. I would ask the doc, if not sooner, during you next annual to do a PT/INR, platelet count & check your fribrinogen. Without other symtoms I'm guessing you're fine but, it's better safe then sorry. And trust me, certain treatments (think bone morrow transplant in worse case as I know about) are better when problems can be I.D.ed up front.

Tell your doc of what you observed and let him decide...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #30
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Not to sound like a dick & all bullshit aside there is little info in this thread of value.

Not in a good way but, I am VERY familiar with bone morrow failure and rare blood diseases. I would ask the doc, if not sooner, during you next annual to do a PT/INR, platelet count & check your fribrinogen. Without other symtoms I'm guessing you're fine but, it's better safe then sorry. And trust me, certain treatments (think bone morrow transplant in worse case as I know about) are better when problems can be I.D.ed up front.

Tell your doc of what you observed and let him decide...
We were supposed to bring value into this thread?

I dont really have anything to contribute, but I personally feel that me not bruising is negatively affecting my life
Old 01-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #31
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
tough skin

good news ! you are likely zombie-proof
Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #32
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Im black,

So.... I dont bruise, visibly anyway

LOL I'm 3/4's or so, but it takes a lot for me to actually have a bruise. When I was in little play soccer or highschool playing football, I would only get them every once in a while, but when I did it would be HUGE.

I do get sore spots though, same thing?

I scar like mad also
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #33
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i think i’m pretty normal here. i get them all the time when i am doing stuff stupid. like flipping atv’s and crashing dirt bikes, falling snowboarding on ice.

my brothers GF on the other hand bruises in minutes even if you just pinch her arm.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #34
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I don't either, sometimes I'll get a small one but nothing major, I've always thought it weird because my mom bruises super easy. I do bruise but very lightly and I've got very pale skin.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
LOL I'm 3/4's or so, but it takes a lot for me to actually have a bruise. When I was in little play soccer or highschool playing football, I would only get them every once in a while, but when I did it would be HUGE.

I do get sore spots though, same thing?

I scar like mad also
I scar easily as well... but bruises, nada

Old 01-04-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Do vampires bruise?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #37
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Do vampires bruise?
anyone seen twilight?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #38
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nope. Don't want to.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #39
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
So I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a "very slight small bruise". But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

Last night I was snowboarding and ate it really bad. Hardest fall snowboarding for me. It was one where I fell so hard I bounced. I landed on my lower back/upper butt on one side. Also on my shoulder but that was after the bounce. So after the initial pain went away I was kind of excited because I was almost positive I would get a bruise. It hurt bad and felt like a huge knot immediately. I get home and look and nothing. Today I look and nothing. You can't even tell. I can barely walk. Can't bend over. I know another person that can bruise would have a huge bruise. Probably a half square foot of bruising.

I have looked a little on the Internet and there seem to be a decent amount of people that are the same way. Anyone here? And if so, have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm very curious to know why it doesn't happen. And if it's a bad thing.
Correction, you do to. A small bruise is still a bruise, I'm sorry to dissapoint, yes you are still human and not a super hero like you thought
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #40
I bring the feel goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Obvious View Post
Correction, you do to. A small bruise is still a bruise, I'm sorry to dissapoint, yes you are still human and not a super hero like you thought
:slowclap: