Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I Don't Bruise....At All. Anyone The Same?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #41
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Hmmm... it almost sounds like you are trying to brag about your muscles in a weird way.
Bro, do you even lift?
Old 01-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #42
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone bruise their skin flute after and long night of entertaining?

Wait never mind, that’s a bit harsh and I do apologize.... bye bye now.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #43
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSarcasm View Post
:slowclap:
Old 01-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #44
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Anyone bruise their skin flute after and long night of entertaining?

Wait never mind, thatís a bit harsh and I do apologize.... bye bye now.
No but I've had to re tune it.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #46
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
www.healthtap.com
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #47
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Not to sound like a dick & all bullshit aside there is little info in this thread of value.

Not in a good way but, I am VERY familiar with bone morrow failure and rare blood diseases. I would ask the doc, if not sooner, during you next annual to do a PT/INR, platelet count & check your fribrinogen. Without other symtoms I'm guessing you're fine but, it's better safe then sorry. And trust me, certain treatments (think bone morrow transplant in worse case as I know about) are better when problems can be I.D.ed up front.

Tell your doc of what you observed and let him decide...
The thread was started for the very reason of having a lack of info. I just wanted to know if anyone like me has already had it examined or what not and knows the reason. I will ask next time though. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
We were supposed to bring value into this thread?

I dont really have anything to contribute, but I personally feel that me not bruising is negatively affecting my life
Yup
Quote:
Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
tough skin

good news ! you are likely zombie-proof

Quote:
Correction, you do to. A small bruise is still a bruise, I'm sorry to dissapoint, yes you are still human and not a super hero like you thought
So I should put my superman outfit back in the closet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
:slowclap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
I have to create an account
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #48
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
I dont briuse either, in fact when i get a cut or broken bone i just regen super fast, and my skeleton is made out of anamantium....they made a movie about me, you might of seen it, its called wolverine.....
Old 01-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post

So I should put my superman outfit back in the closet?

I have to create an account
No in all honestly I don't bruise very easy either. In fact I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a very slight small bruise. But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

Last night I was snowboarding and ate it really bad. Hardest fall snowboarding for me. It was one where I fell so hard I bounced. I landed on my lower back/upper butt on one side. Also on my shoulder but that was after the bounce. So after the initial pain went away I was kind of excited because I was almost positive I would get a bruise. It hurt bad and felt like a huge knot immediately. I get home and look and nothing. Today I look and nothing. You can't even tell. I can barely walk. Can't bend over. I know another person that can bruise would have a huge bruise. Probably a half square foot of bruising.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #50
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No in all honestly I don't bruise very easy either. In fact I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a very slight small bruise. But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

Last night I was snowboarding and ate it really bad. Hardest fall snowboarding for me. It was one where I fell so hard I bounced. I landed on my lower back/upper butt on one side. Also on my shoulder but that was after the bounce. So after the initial pain went away I was kind of excited because I was almost positive I would get a bruise. It hurt bad and felt like a huge knot immediately. I get home and look and nothing. Today I look and nothing. You can't even tell. I can barely walk. Can't bend over. I know another person that can bruise would have a huge bruise. Probably a half square foot of bruising.
You are confusing me. You just quoted me and wrote my first post back down after?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
No but I've had to re tune it.

Do you pay to have yours retuned?

On another note and more importantly yet completely random hence the use of "on another note", which is widely over used by the way, how fast have you gotten a patrol car up to? This has probably been asked a million times, but I'm just curious. Ever get squirrelly at speed and freak yourself out or has your training dialed you in to avoid this?
I know I know, thereís a forum for questions like this, but I'm flippin lazy today.

Just to sink the two together, ever get a bruise from getting squirrelly at high speed in a patrol car
Old 01-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #52
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a very slight small bruise. But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

I have looked a little on the Internet and there seem to be a decent amount of people that are the same way. Anyone here? And if so, have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm very curious to know why it doesn't happen. And if it's a bad thing.
Quote:
The thread was started for the very reason of having a lack of info. I just wanted to know if anyone like me has already had it examined or what not and knows the reason. I will ask next time though. Thanks.
I took your first post as searching for a real answer. My attempt was to provide a direction different then hitting yourself with a hammer or pounding your head off a wall...that's all that was directed to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
We were supposed to bring value into this thread?

I dont really have anything to contribute, but I personally feel that me not bruising is negatively affecting my life
Guess you'll need to ask the OP if he was looking for some value? Seems to me that he was...but, then as we see it is the internet.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
I took your first post as searching for a real answer. My attempt was to provide a direction different then hitting yourself with a hammer or pounding your head off a wall...that's all that was directed to you.

Guess you'll need to ask the OP if he was looking for some value? Seems to me that he was...but, then as we see it is the internet.
I was/am searching for one. If I don't get it here no big deal. Not surprising. I will just have to find out myself next time at the doctor.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #54
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
well ive broken plenty of bones but only one bruise. and that happened just recently and it surprised the shit out of me. it happened when i rolled my ankle pretty badly. first one! it was gnarly haha
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #55
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
If I remember right....all bruises are, in general terms, are broken capalaries allowing blood to escape into the space where blood if normally not found.

People who bruise easily have a fragile vascular system. And for the test of us, we get one my point on out man card.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #56
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Alright fine I will try and contribute something positive here. From my scouring the interwebs I think it may be down to the thickness of your skin. When your soft tissues are injured, small veins and capillaries under the skin sometimes break. Red blood cells leak out of these blood vessels. These red blood cells that collect under your skin cause that bluish, purplish, reddish, or blackish mark.

It also may have something to do with the amount of Bilirubens in your skin...
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilirubin
Old 01-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #57
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bilirubin is just dead hemoglobin, I don't think it contributes to how much you bruise

But that's right. Red means you broke an artery, blue means a vein, purple means the capalaries. Not sure about black....probably a big vein.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #58
Mr. President

But I do think skin thickness and muscle tone play a BIG role in this...as well as things like diet and the overall condition of your body.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #59
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Bilirubin is just dead hemoglobin, I don't think it contributes to how much you bruise

But that's right. Red means you broke an artery, blue means a vein, purple means the capalaries. Not sure about black....probably a big vein.
From what I read that bilirubin is what would cause a yellowing of the skin and is indicative of a buildup of the substance in the bloodstream. This is how people get jaundice... I think the black is more or less just a deep bruise and pooling of blood and is definitely open to perception.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
I get bruises very rarely, I play Ice hockey and the last bruise I remember was from a slap shot and it hit me where I have no padding. That left a little puck sized bruise. I don't know what it is but it doesn't take much for other people that I know when they get hit the same way as I did.