Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Health

Notices

I Don't Bruise....At All. Anyone The Same?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 AM   #1
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I Don't Bruise....At All. Anyone The Same?

So I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a very slight small bruise. But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

Last night I was snowboarding and ate it really bad. Hardest fall snowboarding for me. It was one where I fell so hard I bounced. I landed on my lower back/upper butt on one side. Also on my shoulder but that was after the bounce. So after the initial pain went away I was kind of excited because I was almost positive I would get a bruise. It hurt bad and felt like a huge knot immediately. I get home and look and nothing. Today I look and nothing. You can't even tell. I can barely walk. Can't bend over. I know another person that can bruise would have a huge bruise. Probably a half square foot of bruising.

I have looked a little on the Internet and there seem to be a decent amount of people that are the same way. Anyone here? And if so, have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm very curious to know why it doesn't happen. And if it's a bad thing.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Nick
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
So I don't remember ever having a bruise. I sprained my ankle a year ago and got a very slight small bruise. But you couldn't tell. I've had plenty of hard hits and incidents that should have easily given me a bruise.

Last night I was snowboarding and ate it really bad. Hardest fall snowboarding for me. It was one where I fell so hard I bounced. I landed on my lower back/upper butt on one side. Also on my shoulder but that was after the bounce. So after the initial pain went away I was kind of excited because I was almost positive I would get a bruise. It hurt bad and felt like a huge knot immediately. I get home and look and nothing. Today I look and nothing. You can't even tell. I can barely walk. Can't bend over. I know another person that can bruise would have a huge bruise. Probably a half square foot of bruising.

I have looked a little on the Internet and there seem to be a decent amount of people that are the same way. Anyone here? And if so, have you talked to your doctor about it? I'm very curious to know why it doesn't happen. And if it's a bad thing.

You havent been hit hard enough apparently. I get a tiny for a day and its gone. Usually when over lifting at the gym...and only on my biceps. So, maybe you are just like wolverine or something
Old 01-04-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
Go smash your head in the pavement. That'll give you a bruise
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
My wife is the exact oppisite, you can aim a stiff fart in her direction and she will bruise. So, I've had to stop beating her as much....j/k
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
.45%er
the.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shedthe.sight.picture is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
the.sight.picture's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
My wife is the exact oppisite, you can aim a stiff fart in her direction and she will bruise. So, I've had to stop beating her as much....j/k
Mine too
Old 01-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #6
Zombie
SkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkeeterBilt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Skeeter
SkeeterBilt's Tacoma Gallery
i dont bruise... fallin, bumping into shit, shootin shot guns and all other things i do and i dont get any. im sure its a good thing
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #7
They call me Greekbro
GREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGREEKBOY12295 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GREEKBOY12295's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hmmm... it almost sounds like you are trying to brag about your muscles in a weird way.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #9
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Stick a 12 gauge Remington 870 riot shot gun with the butt about 2 inches away from your shoulder with 5 rounds of 00 buck shot and shoot them off in quick succession, pretty sure you'll bruise.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sight.picture View Post
You havent been hit hard enough apparently. I get a tiny for a day and its gone. Usually when over lifting at the gym...and only on my biceps. So, maybe you are just like wolverine or something
I have trust me. Have even wrecked hard on my dirt bike countless times. And nothing. Not even paintballs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr97tacoma View Post
Go smash your head in the pavement. That'll give you a bruise
Why yes! I think I'll do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
I'm guessing you know this fart stuff from experience? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterBilt View Post
i dont bruise... fallin, bumping into shit, shootin shot guns and all other things i do and i dont get any. im sure its a good thing
Well I don't care if it's a good thing. I just hope it's not bad. I've read a few ideas of what it could be. Extra platelets, thick blood, ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEKBOY12295 View Post
Hmmm... it almost sounds like you are trying to brag about your muscles in a weird way.
I am not buff so no. I'm 6'1 190. The other people I have read about online are different body types so it has nothing to do with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Stick a 12 gauge Remington 870 riot shot gun with the butt about 2 inches away from your shoulder with 5 rounds of 00 buck shot and shoot them off in quick succession, pretty sure you'll bruise.
I'd be willing to try. But I don't have access to that. It's not like I don't get hurt. I can still swell up and get red or whatever. Just no bruising.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #11
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
you either have thick skin...or no blood
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thick skin was another guess I've read about. I can't find a definite answer though.
found this..
The severity of a bruise can depend on a number of things: like how tough a person's skin tissue is, the general health of the underlying muscles and soft tissue; medications you may be on; or your age. Age can be a major contributor because as we get older our blood vessels tend to become more fragile.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #14
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
When you get mad, does your skin turn green and you go all ape-shit?
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #15
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
How about 3.5" magnum slug shells

OP, I'm similar, I don't really bruise. If I get hit hard enough or over a large enough area it'll start to show a light bruise but it's usually gone in a day. The area will stay sore for a normal amount of time though. I guess it's just the way some people are. It still hurts, just doesn't turn black and blue.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
found this..
The severity of a bruise can depend on a number of things: like how tough a person's skin tissue is, the general health of the underlying muscles and soft tissue; medications you may be on; or your age. Age can be a major contributor because as we get older our blood vessels tend to become more fragile.
Thanks. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #17
LowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the roughLowHangingFuries is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dustin
LowHangingFuries's Tacoma Gallery
I don't bruise either unless I break some shit!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle1 View Post
When you get mad, does your skin turn green and you go all ape-shit?
I'm not supposed to talk about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
How about 3.5" magnum slug shells

OP, I'm similar, I don't really bruise. If I get hit hard enough or over a large enough area it'll start to show a light bruise but it's usually gone in a day. The area will stay sore for a normal amount of time though. I guess it's just the way some people are. It still hurts, just doesn't turn black and blue.
And the sad thing is sometimes people think I'm being a sissy of I complain about how hard I got hit since there is no sign of it! Not fair!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I really dont bruise either. I have to get hit really hard in a small area to show anything. I might get a little one every couple years...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #20
zimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant futurezimm52 has a brilliant future

zimm52's Tacoma Gallery
i've never had a bruise in my entire life and no I dont live in a bubble.
Played several sports throughout my life, never even broken a bone.
its a weird thing.